wiz

Wolves frontcourt

Thoughts on the wolves frontcourt situation after the deadline moves? You have everybody from juancho, spellman, James Johnson, Vanderbilt,  and naz reid ... Anybody have any guess what the rotation could look like? I'm think juancho gets some mins and maybe starts and doubt James Johnson plays but I'm not sure who's next man up.. naz looked good In summer league and in his limited opportunities this season..spellman couldnt even best out Chris's in gs

The T'Wolves are trying to copy the Rockets. Extremely high pace & bombardment of 3's. The difference is Towns and Juan have range along with size. I'm intrigued to see the final product. 

C - Towns

PF - Juan

SF- Culver or Okogie

SG - Beasley

PG - D'Lo

Or this ( saw this on their reddit ). Copy & Paste:

Likely Starting Lineup:

PG: D'Angelo Russell: Duh. We finally get a PG who can run the offense, feed KAT anywhere on the court, create his own shot, shoot the 3 at an elite level, and work on or off the ball. And in late-game, clutch situations, never forget...

SG: Jarrett Culver: I oscillated back and forth between Culver and Okogie here, namely because Okogie's energy and hustle, but Culver is still an above average defender who can mask D'Lo's defensive lapses and, unlike Okogie, he has a more reliable 3-point shot. His secondary playmaking ability is a bonus, he is underratedly one of the best offensive rebounding guards this year, and hopefully he can be the physical presence driving to the rim that he flashed in December and early January.

SF: Malik Beasley: This one will be tougher defensively, as Beasley isn't quite as good defensively as a player like Okogie or RoCo, but he has shown improvement on that side of the court. Offensively, he's a spark plug with a beautiful shot form and can light up the scoreboard, especially from 3. He doesn't offer much else in terms of playmaking or rebounding, but his scoring and shooting should earn him consistent minutes.

PF: Juan Hernangomez: This may be the position we're weakest at currently, which says a lot about how much we improved in 24 hours. Hernangomez has the size to bang up against bigger forwards, and he's an adequate defender at the 4. What puts him in the starting lineup ahead of James Johnson, however, is his better rebounding abilities and his ability to space the floor for cutters like Beasley and Culver. That said, I do expect Saunders to tinker with this position in the starting lineup to see which players best fit in the frontcourt with KAT.

😄 KAT: Another obvious "duh." Hopefully, the introduction of new players to the roster and playing alongside his best friend energizes his defense and leadership. For our superstar center now, it's all about his willpower and attitude. The pieces are here now, Karl. Take advantage!

Role Players/Sixth Men:

PGs: McLaughlin

SGs: Okogie, Evans, Martin

SFs: Crabbe, Layman

PFs: Johnson, Spellman, Vanderbilt

Cs: Reid

G-League Candidates: Nowell

Cut/Bought-Out: Turner

https://www.reddit.com/r/timberwolves/comments/ezyosy/posttrade_deadline_roster/

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Thanks 1

I don't care about wolves frontcourt as long as KAT go out there and feast every night and bring me back the KAT in NOV DEC ~ *flex*

27 minutes ago, orlgln said:

Wait, why wouldn't they put Culver at 3, hes bigger and should be able to defend SF better than Beasley. 

Don't shoot the messager lol. I agree with this sentiment tho.

But here's a more reliable link:

https://www.canishoopus.com/2020/2/7/21127409/the-new-guys-how-do-they-fit

Edited by Trench Mob

Considering that I scooped both Beasley and Hernangomez , I like what I see in this thread.  If it works out Wolves can be better than Rockets in 2 years

Though it won't make for much fantasy relevance, Reid looks a fitting back-up to KAT, IIRC another big who's pretty good from downtown

Russell wasn't at the practice because of a quad injury.

Edited by Trench Mob