CrypTviLL

Francisco Lindor 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Absolutely brutal right now

0-3 today and stranded 3 RISP

Needs a day off, and maybe they should put him back in lead-off, even though Hernandez is doing a good job there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Topgun said:

Needs a day off, and maybe they should put him back in lead-off, even though Hernandez is doing a good job there.

Exactly.

Putting Hernandez second would still be fine.  He's shown no power so far, but with his ability to get on base, he'd still be fine there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

We all got hoodwinked.  This dude sucks

Drop him then.🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

Drop him then.🤷🏻‍♂️

that's stupid.  Ill trade him though.

As a first time owner I am obviously beyond frustrated, he's been worthless.

Anyone watching his games daily or closer to his metrics have any insight?  The move to the 3 hole might explain his lack of SBs but he hasn't done anything else either. 

14 minutes ago, tsh00k said:

As a first time owner I am obviously beyond frustrated, he's been worthless.

Anyone watching his games daily or closer to his metrics have any insight?  The move to the 3 hole might explain his lack of SBs but he hasn't done anything else either. 

I don't watch CLE games but I will say that when I buy a first rounder I'm not buying amazing first round production every week of the season.  What I'm buying is a talent floor that is higher than the rest of the player pool.  All players have slumps, some extended, some just have down years.  But a guy goes in the first round because when he, such as Lindor right now or JoRam last season, goes through an extended funk I have reason to believe that he will not only come out of it, but that when he does he will produce really well. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

I don't watch CLE games but I will say that when I buy a first rounder I'm not buying amazing first round production every week of the season.  What I'm buying is a talent floor that is higher than the rest of the player pool.  All players have slumps, some extended, some just have down years.  But a guy goes in the first round because when he, such as Lindor right now or JoRam last season, goes through an extended funk I have reason to believe that he will not only come out of it, but that when he does he will produce really well. 

Have had this guy as a keeper since he made the majors and this is the roughest stretch I can remember. 

On 8/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, CuredMeats said:

Have had this guy as a keeper since he made the majors and this is the roughest stretch I can remember. 

Looks like that rough stretch is over.  Not including tonight, over the past fourteen days he's gone .321/.390 with 1 HR, 2 SB, and 8 R.  Tonight he hit another HR with 2 RBIs.  Dude is turning it on though they keep hitting him in the 3 spot and I agree with others that he should be leading off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thewizardnj said:

It’s only just begun. He’s #1 SS for a reason. 

Love Lindor but I think I'm taking Tatis and Story before him.  

31 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

At this exact moment sure, but Lindor is in the basement. Can’t wait to see his ceiling. 

6 hours ago, knifeparty said:

Don't sleep on Turner either.  But yeah I'd be happy with any of these 4.

14 hours ago, En Votto Veritas said:

Looks like that rough stretch is over.  Not including tonight, over the past fourteen days he's gone .321/.390 with 1 HR, 2 SB, and 8 R.  Tonight he hit another HR with 2 RBIs.  Dude is turning it on though they keep hitting him in the 3 spot and I agree with others that he should be leading off.

We knew it was coming.