tonycpsu

2020 MiLB Bench Coach Thread

If you're going ceiling Rochio is your guy. As a Paredes owner I'm quite comfortable with the bat if he can stick at 3B, unfortunately I think it's more unlikely than likely at this point. He's a fairly safe play to at least give you something at the big league level. With that said, I'd be happy with just Bieber and Manoah, so you might as well dream big on the third piece. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 1:18 PM, bigbossman said:

How would you rank these prospects for fantasy purposes in a dynasty league:

Dalbec

Paredes

Rocchio

LRod (dodgers)

Heriberto Hernandez

Thx

Heriberto— I really, really like him!

LRod

Paredes

Dalbec

Rocchio

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:29 PM, bigbossman said:

@brockpapersizer @FouLLine @TheTruth024 @Coach George @Tryptamine @ST. STEVEN @ChicksDigTheOPS @hailfire4  

Hi fellas, if you have any input on the above would be grateful..

Also available:

Alex Canario

I'm about to trade Lux, Puk and Riley to acquire Bieber and can add two prospects to replace Lux and Puk...I've already penciled in Alex Manoah to replace Puk and am looking to add a bat to replace Lux.

Any suggestions appreciated, thx!

I'm probably late to answer this but honestly it all really depends on league settings.  I personally am super high on Lux.  Puk could skyrocket back up the charts once he's healthy and back on track.  Is Riley, Riley Green?  If so I'd rather just keep the youth personally.  Especially with the season being shortened.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:18 PM, bigbossman said:

How would you rank these prospects for fantasy purposes in a dynasty league:

Dalbec

Paredes

Rocchio

LRod (dodgers)

Heriberto Hernandez

Thx

Paredes is by far the best on this list.  I know there's a lot of shiny new toy hype surrounding Heriberto Hernandez but he is not anywhere near Paredes right now.  Paredes will hit the bigs this year even in a shortened season.

while perusing the free agent list I saw that Khristian Robinson was a fa. I knew I was gonna pounce but had to cut a guy. Spencer howard, Arraez, CJ Abrams were my 3 options. Since I like Abrams and Arraez is really needed this year I cut Spencer howard for him. Always pays to look for guys who fall thru cracks.

4 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

while perusing the free agent list I saw that Khristian Robinson was a fa. I knew I was gonna pounce but had to cut a guy. Spencer howard, Arraez, CJ Abrams were my 3 options. Since I like Abrams and Arraez is really needed this year I cut Spencer howard for him. Always pays to look for guys who fall thru cracks.

I would never ever have cut Spencer Howard.  I like him the best of all four players mentioned here.

9 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I would never ever have cut Spencer Howard.  I like him the best of all four players mentioned here.

Yeah, I probably would have dumped Arraez insetad

I have Cole May Kubler Castillo Woodruff Paddack as my 6 starting pitchers this year. Since I plan to contend I kept Arraez around for a bench guy with lots of positions. Abrams, Khristian, Wander makes for a pretty good NA trio even though our league has 1 NA spot. Maybe howard clears waivres and i will cut Arraez or a reliever in 3 days. I just could not let Khristian sit on WW though.

4 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

I have Cole May Kubler Castillo Woodruff Paddack as my 6 starting pitchers this year. Since I plan to contend I kept Arraez around for a bench guy with lots of positions. Abrams, Khristian, Wander makes for a pretty good NA trio even though our league has 1 NA spot. Maybe howard clears waivres and i will cut Arraez or a reliever in 3 days. I just could not let Khristian sit on WW though.

I hope Howard clears waivers for you as in no one else in your league is going out daily with the season in suspension and seeing him available because if they are you may have lost him forever.  Good luck.

after he cleared waivres today I dropped Arraez for him thanx for the help

• Like 2

This thread seems dead but who would you guys stash in a redraft with a NA spot?

Sixto Sanchez, Matt Manning, Forrest Whitley, Tony Gonsolin, etc.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This thread seems dead but who would you guys stash in a redraft with a NA spot?

Sixto Sanchez, Matt Manning, Forrest Whitley, Tony Gonsolin, etc.

Does it have to be a pitcher? Gore, Mize, and maybe Ian Anderson are currently the only pitchers I think I’d stash in a redraft. For hitters, I like Carlson and Lux the most though those guys are owned in most redrafts. I also think Kelenic may get a shot soon. For a guy without too much prospect shine but is my favorite to make an impact this year is Randy Arozarena. Aside from Meadows, the Rays outfield is trash and I think RA is capable of putting up Tommy Pham numbers of given a shot.

Edited by meh2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, meh2 said:

Does it have to be a pitcher? Gore, Mize, and maybe Ian Anderson are currently the only pitchers I think I’d stash in a redraft. For hitters, I like Carlson and Lux the most though those guys are owned in most redrafts. I also think Kelenic may get a shot soon. For a guy without too much prospect shine but is my favorite to make an impact this year is Randy Arozarena. Aside from Meadows, the Rays outfield is trash and I think RA is capable of putting up Tommy Pham numbers of given a shot.

Already have Gore & Lux stashed, Carlson & Mize are owned by others. Arozarena is definitely on my radar so maybe I’ll lean towards him. Have 2 NA spots so fingers crossed I’ll be looking for replacements when Gore & Lux are up this week. 🤞

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Groshans - Vlad already moved to 1B and Groshans will eventually join a stacked lineup in a great offensive environment. Solid plate approach, plus power - and flying just a little under the radar in many dynasty leagues (depending on the level of competition). He'd be my first choice followed by Gorman for the power upside. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Dark One said:

I'm a big fan of Groshans - Vlad already moved to 1B and Groshans will eventually join a stacked lineup in a great offensive environment. Solid plate approach, plus power - and flying just a little under the radar in many dynasty leagues (depending on the level of competition). He'd be my first choice followed by Gorman for the power upside. Good luck!

Thanks. That is where I was leaning but not much about him on here.  So I thought maybe I was missing something.