Sign in to follow this  
mtblock

Need Keeper Help (Pick 8)

Gary Sanchez, Eugenio Suarez, Xander Bogaerts, Fernando Tatis Jr., Manny Machado, Shohei Ohtani (DH, SP), Yordan Alvarez, Michael Conforto, Whit Merrifield, Ramon Laureano, Chris Paddack

These are my options, bolded is my current selection. I am thinking about swapping out Sanchez for Whit, but 2B is so barren, I would rather hold him.We have a MI and CI slot, so I can start both Manny and Tatis and still have 2 utility slots for Yordan and Ohtani. 

Bogaerts, Tatis, Yordan, Paddack, Merrifield, Eugenio, Machado, Ohtani. you got it right.

4 hours ago, mtblock said:

Gary Sanchez, Eugenio Suarez, Xander Bogaerts, Fernando Tatis Jr., Manny Machado, Shohei Ohtani (DH, SP), Yordan Alvarez, Michael Conforto, Whit Merrifield, Ramon Laureano, Chris Paddack

These are my options, bolded is my current selection. I am thinking about swapping out Sanchez for Whit, but 2B is so barren, I would rather hold him.We have a MI and CI slot, so I can start both Manny and Tatis and still have 2 utility slots for Yordan and Ohtani. 

I wouldn’t swap anyone out...I like the list you have. I’d rather keep Whit and his BA and runs and SBs over Sanchez. Jmho. 

Thoughts on mine? 

Sanchez over whit or ohtani

Sanchez, Suarez, XBog, Tatis, Machado, Yordan, Merrifield, Conforto: Those are you're 8 locks going forward, they will give ya team plenty of solid numbers year in, year out. 

I think Sanchez is a no brainer. C is much much weaker than 2B and sanchez is the best hitting C in baseball. Yea he has some negatives, his positives are far better than anyone at his position. 

I'd take him over Whit or Ohtani 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smurph said:

I think Sanchez is a no brainer. C is much much weaker than 2B and sanchez is the best hitting C in baseball. Yea he has some negatives, his positives are far better than anyone at his position. 

I'd take him over Whit or Ohtani 

There are some quirks in the league that come into play...OBP league, Ks is a category, and the category is XBHs instead of HRs. Whit is great at XBHs, and better at the other two. It also plays in that I need the roster flexibility of White (2B and OF) because there is a risk I have to play Yordan and Ohtani in Util all year. 

I see Ohtani as untouchable in a keep forever dynasty where he hits and pitches. If he puts it together for both, it can be first or second round value. 

9 hours ago, DodgerDan824 said:

I would Keep laureano over whit for upside and better players around him

I thought about this. I will have the second pick in the first round after keepers, so I can always snag him then. Although I'm probably looking for a pitcher to pair with Paddack and Ohtani. OF will probably be my weakness this year, especially if Yordan doesn't get eligibility. 2B positional scarcity probably makes this Whit for me. 

I'll probably go P, OF, OF in the first three rounds, and I hope Laureano will be there in the 2nd. 

List looks good, if there was one question I would have, I may swap Ohtani with Laureano.

knowing those little quirks makes a difference. You are right to keep Whit over sanchez