BradMaddox

Chris Sale 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

My goodness... at least this news is coming out now and not closer to when the season starts.

Sheesh is it possible to have a worse looking indication?  Sore elbow + MRI + manager concern + Andrews.  I would be shocked at this point if it wasn't TJ or at least torn UCL.

When you think about it it's actually impressive he made it this far without it. Everyone hated that delivery.

• Like 3

Who could’ve possibly seen this coming 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OMG, I’m so blind sided by this! No way with that delivery he would ever get close to Tommy much less John!

52 minutes ago, B&F said:

I really though since he had a similar physique as Randy Johnson that during his career he would remain relatively injury free like The Big Unit.

You really thought? Sale’s injury problems goes back years, and are well documented every Tom, dick & Harry wrote stuff about his arm inverted W/M angle ... 

Thank God the Red Sox re-upped his contract . 🤔

Worth reminding that he was slated to start the season on the IL *before* this set back. So even in a best case possible scenario he is likely missing all of April. Highly unlikely we get that best case anyway.

arm held up longer than expected. avg 200+ inn for 6 years is impressive for that frame and arm action

• Like 1

Red Sox made such a stupid move giving him an early extension,  Their team is yikes.  I'd be sick to my stomach if I was a Sox fan.

I saw the pneumonia as a buying opportunity, but this is obviously a hard stop red flag.  Even those of us who like to buy "injury prone" players at a discount have to avoid drafting him now.  

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, bluefrogguy said:

I saw the pneumonia as a buying opportunity, but this is obviously a hard stop red flag.  Even those of us who like to buy "injury prone" players at a discount have to avoid drafting him now.  

[...]

At this point he's worth a last-round pick as a possible IL stash but that's about it.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I just needed a reason to push me over the edge to drop him in dynasty with the pneumonia issue. I have him at a fair price, but not anymore.

13 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Teams will never, ever, ever learn, will they?

"We" will never, ever, ever learn, will we?

This was SO predicted... Yet we just couldn't resist 😢

This sounds like it could be legit bad. I own "0" shares of Sale anywhere but he is one of the best current-era pitchers imo and I watch him every chance I get. I think unfortunately we've seen the best of him at this point.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

This sounds like it could be legit bad. I own "0" shares of Sale anywhere but he is one of the best current-era pitchers imo and I watch him every chance I get. I think unfortunately we've seen the best of him at this point.

I think regardless of the specific diagnosis here, you're right that we've seen his best.

7 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Red Sox made such a stupid move giving him an early extension,  Their team is yikes.  I'd be sick to my stomach if I was a Sox fan.

No kidding lol. At least Devers and Bogs are still young and good. Tendi if he can rebound. 

10 hours ago, AF25 said:

OMG, I’m so blind sided by this! No way with that delivery he would ever get close to Tommy much less John!

To be fair people have been saying that since he came up to the bigs. I dont think the delivery was really an issue. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrBrown said:

I heard they are watching a Tim Wakefield showcase this weekend. 

• Haha 1

at least a third opinion. problem is different opinions just makes who is right more obscure. His continued soreness is not good and surgery is pretty likely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big League Choo said:

It appears they are seeking a 3rd opinion on the elbow, which almost undoubtedly means TJ unfortunately for Chris and owners alike

Wonder if it’s 1-1 or 2-0. Either way, not good.

• Like 1

So many anagrams to choose from. Crash Isle, Chair Less... Chris Sale has lots of problems and many of them can be expressed in an anagram of his name. It was a good ride buddy.

Chris Sale possibly out for the season...Severino out for the season...Judge and Stanton already banged up...it's beginning to feel like Tampa is going to run away with the AL East.