Wytchclt55

Trevor Bauer 2020 Outlook

I'm encouraged to see what the Reds can do with him.  If they can make Sonny Gray good again then I don't see why he can't improve at least a little. I think at worst he's a solid no. 3 arm who'll get you 200+Ks with tons of IP with OK ratios with room for more.  The problem is the cost, so depending on league format he may be a DND based on price, but if he slips some I'd be happy to take him. 

reminds me a bit of Archer.....always overdrafted based on potential - high upside but potential ratio killer....Im not touching unless reasonable price

5 hours ago, guyhaha said:

https://twitter.com/BaseballQuotes1/status/1234604847166521347

This guy is....😂😂😂😂😂😂

In the MLB.com video they interview someone in the dugout asking why he's doing that in a ST game. The answer was the Bauer is upset with the sign stealing scandal so his solution is to let batters know what is coming every pitch so there is no question about it.

Amazing, really. 😂

• Like 1

Wait, does this mean that he wasn't telling batters what was coming last season?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I think Sonny Gray was doing the same thing.  Both were recently on CC's podcast (R2C2) together.. They said the sign-stealing was a way bigger advantage to hitters than steroids.  Gray said he would've rather known about it and then he could tell the hitters what pitch is coming.  That way you know you have to make it your best pitch.  All agreed with him.  Also you don't have to feel as bad if you're getting hit around I guess.  So I guess they put it to the test lol 

• Like 1

Love it, it's awesome

6 hours ago, einstein2u said:

I am drafting him just because he makes things interesting.

Doing the same thing

Bauer is nuts. you should want to deceive the batter, not tell him watch pitch is coming and give him the advantage.

this from the guy that threw the baseball over the outfield fence.

My 12-team mocks have pretty consistently him going in the 7th/8th round with outliers to the high side (6th). Ideally you'd be getting him there as a SP3 imo - which would be tough to swallow. Guys like me who will likely only have 1 SP by then - he's pretty tempting at that price as a SP2. He has the skills, as I've seen, to where it wouldn't surprise me if he could fill that role. 6-8 round range is going to be a reasonable price for certain owners.

If you want solid bats you depend on guys like this having a solid year.

7 hours ago, SpecialFNK said:

Bauer is nuts. you should want to deceive the batter, not tell him watch pitch is coming and give him the advantage.

this from the guy that threw the baseball over the outfield fence.

Not sure if serious 

Anyone else catch the news of Trevor Bauer criticizing the players union (and owners) and saying it’s awful how they acted during a crisis?

1 hour ago, einstein2u said:

looked great or tigers that bad?

He did as expected imo. Crappy offense + Elite Pitcher = Elite pitching performance. 13Ks in 6.1 makes K junkies (like me) DROOL.