Sign in to follow this  
SpecialFNK

Renato Nunez 2020 Outlook

1. starting DH for the Orioles, last season had 31 HR and 90 RBI.
  2. 1B and 3B eligibility.

https://www.pitcherlist.com/analyzing-baltimore-orioles-hitters-for-2020/

In terms of waiver-wire success stories, Renato Nunez has been one of the best of recent memory. After being claimed by Baltimore from the Texas Rangers, Nunez has been an above-average hitter and earned everyday playing time. That should continue in 2020, but for fantasy purposes, Nunez may just be remembered as a pleasant first-half surprise from 2019. He managed 20 home runs and a .495 slugging percentage in the first half of 2019 and then struggled down the stretch to just 11 homers and a .417 slugging in the second half. Thirty-one homers certainly looks nice—only Mancini hit more for the Orioles—but other than some streaky power, I’m not sure what else Nunez brings to the table that would make him worth drafting outside the deepest leagues or AL-only leagues. It’s unlikely he puts up another 30+ homer season, and his second-half splits are more representative of who he is as a hitter. But he has shown he can be a streaky hitter, and if he goes on another power surge for a few weeks, he may be worth a speculative add. He should get plenty of opportunities too—at least to begin 2020—in the middle of the Orioles lineup, and could be a driving force for run production in what could be one of the weaker lineups in the American League.

2020 Projection: 60 R, 25 HR, 60 RBI, 1 SB, .235/.312/.446

these projections seem low, but the Orioles lineup is weak.

Edited by SpecialFNK
law

He’s still young(25, almost 26). Playing in that park. He’s a decent cheap player in my AL only league. 

Consistency is the issue.  He was very, very streaky last season.  One of the guys that you wanted to roster when he was hot, but was also quick to turn back into dead weight.  He went through a few hot-and-cold cycles if I remember correctly.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 7:39 PM, SpecialFNK said:
  1. starting DH for the Orioles, last season had 31 HR and 90 RBI.
  2. 1B and 3B eligibility.

https://www.pitcherlist.com/analyzing-baltimore-orioles-hitters-for-2020/

these projections seem low, but the Orioles lineup is weak.

Steamer has him at .247, 29 HR and 85 RBI. Of all the players that Steamer has projected to have at least 85 RBI, Nunez has the lowest ADP (272). That’s great value.

• Like 1

Stud if you don't care about BA

All these projections are way low

Renato 35+HR 100+RBI and bat .266

Gold, Jerry!

3 hours ago, Hangry Bird said:

Stud if you don't care about BA

All these projections are way low

Renato 35+HR 100+RBI and bat .266

Gold, Jerry!

I don't see this being a lineup that will net him 100+ RBI, not for a guy likely to hit below .250. Maybe 35 HR, but I don't see it unless he gets rid of some of that extreme streakiness. If he can gain some consistency

• Like 1