Sign in to follow this  
Gobux1970

Razzball Top 100 Prospects

I know Ke'Bryan Hayes has dipped some on prospect lists but there are SIX Pirate prospects on this list and none of them is named Ke'Bryan.  That far?  really?

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I know Ke'Bryan Hayes has dipped some on prospect lists but there are SIX Pirate prospects on this list and none of them is named Ke'Bryan.  That far?  really?

The author addressed it in the comments, indicating that he's seen barely anything from him offensively in his entire minor league career and that he's looking more and more like Matt Duffy for fantasy. It's a bold stand, and I'm not certain I agree, but it's at least better than not going with your instinct and instead leaving him on the list due to "industry consensus".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dark One said:

The author addressed it in the comments, indicating that he's seen barely anything from him offensively in his entire minor league career and that he's looking more and more like Matt Duffy for fantasy. It's a bold stand, and I'm not certain I agree, but it's at least better than not going with your instinct and instead leaving him on the list due to "industry consensus".

I certainly think Kebryan Hayes could be Matt Duffy. Tons of guys ranked above him could be Duffy or worse though. Bayron Lora could be Jhailyn Ortiz and Jhailyn Ortiz prays he could be Matt Duffy.

I also dont know how many people realize how well he hit in the 2nd half last year coming back from injury (Hayes)

Edited by brockpapersizer

48 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I certainly think Kebryan Hayes could be Matt Duffy. Tons of guys ranked above him could be Duffy or worse though.

Of course - nothing is ever certain with prospects, even ones with seemingly high floors.

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I certainly think Kebryan Hayes could be Matt Duffy. Tons of guys ranked above him could be Duffy or worse though. Bayron Lora could be Jhailyn Ortiz and Jhailyn Ortiz prays he could be Matt Duffy.

I also dont know how many people realize how well he hit in the 2nd half last year coming back from injury (Hayes)

Yeah I saw Ke'Bryan actually moving UP the charts a little on some prospects sites recently.  That was why I asked the question originally since this site seemed to have misplaced him or something to me.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Are the razzball guys actual scouts?

53 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Are the razzball guys actual scouts?

Good zinger there.  What online site has actually scouts.  Or how many writers on  those sites even see prospects in the flesh at all.  I mean the 361 Prospects guy does.  Most people here don't seem to like that site that much but I do because I like to read his take on seeing this or that prospect live.

53 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What online site has actually scouts

Fangraphs

Jeter Downs over-rated on this list. No way would I take him over Kopech, Pache, Rogers and about 10-12 other guys. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kwolf68 said:

Jeter Downs over-rated on this list. No way would I take him over Kopech, Pache, Rogers and about 10-12 other guys. 

In my opinion, Brendan Rodgers and Christian Pache (at least hitting-wise) are vastly overrated. I'd take Downs over the both of them. Rodgers, in particular, has major flaws in his game. He's positively allergic to taking a base on balls, and has zero speed. He also seems like an injury liability. And if he's traded by the Rockies, kiss his value goodbye. 

On 2/25/2020 at 5:55 PM, kwolf68 said:

I’m offended

• Haha 3