Deebo Samuel 2020 Outlook

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a terrible googler.

KIttle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and only back  up running backs.....against the desperate and broken Eagles.

Deebo Samuel got 25 snaps in his first game of the season. He posted three catches for 35 yards and one rush for 10 yards. Samuel looked good in his limited work, and his production on fewer than half

5 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

This is encouraging news -- with the set-back he reportedly had a little while back, I was thinking he would be out longer that the designated 3 week IR-stint.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jeffnsee said:

Excited for Deebo but wouldn't be mad if he took an extra week or so to get back and make sure his foot is healed up...I need him for the long haul

The team is only going to play him if they think he's 100% ready for action, that's why they put him on IR in the first place. If he's ready they'll play him.

Samuel (foot) is expected to return to practice Wednesday, David Lombardi of The Athletic reports.

As Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Sunday, Samuel should make an appearance at practice this week, but the 49ers intend to ease him into the fold as he works to be activated from injured reserve. Due to the 2020-based IR rules, the team can technically bring Samuel off the list before Sunday's game versus the Eagles. That said, San Francisco likely will wait until its Week 5 contest against the Dolphins on Oct. 11 to do so.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/49ers-deebo-samuel-in-line-to-practice-wednesday/

What’s our thoughts on his outlook assuming that he’s healthy?

Think most ‘experts’ before his injury had him touted as a solid WR2. So around the Kupp, ODB, DJ Moore, McLaurin range? 

I think that might be a little high for me right now.

Edited by next big thing cp84
23 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

What’s our thoughts on his outlook assuming that he’s healthy?

Think most ‘experts’ before his injury had him touted as a solid WR2. So around the Kupp, ODB, DJ Moore, McLaurin range? 

I think that might be a little high for me right now.

I'd rather have him than ODB and right in line with Moore so in the middle of that group feels right.

Not sure about this week (rust, maybe Slay shadows him, etc.), but huge upside moving forward.

Over his final eight games of the year, Deebo was the WR4 in standard scoring leagues and the WR9 in PPR formats.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/deebo-samuel-fantasy-outlook-rises-following-promising-injury-update-01eh2p64wp7q

• Like 2

Yea, I'm on the wait-and-see train with Deebo. I have Allen & Golladay ahead of him this week on my team...can't justify starting over James Robinson at flex.

It seems they used Aiyuk in similar fashion as they do Deebo & they saw some success with the rook so I think even if Deebo plays most of the game, they will still give a touch or four to Aiyuk which would come primarily from Deebo's touches and I'm sure they have him on a play count anyway. Too much risk there for me this week but I'm confident he will put up points for those who do start him.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Sheeeesh, people firing him up already? I was 100% in the wait and see camp with Deebo this week.

Yeah in all fairness desperate times for me (when you have to pick up 3 WRs in one week just to be able to start 2 WR and a flex AND one of the WRs you added has core muscle surgery the day after you picked him up Id call those desperate times).

I do except him to be on a snap count but Im hoping at 50% of the snaps he gets a handful of carries and 4 catches and maybe pops one into the end zone. Hes THAT talented.