ZappB

Deebo Samuel 2020 Outlook

right now flexing jeff wilson over him in ppr.  i am sure i will swap the two 15 times between now and kickoff....

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

I'm starting him because 2020.

Fascinating.

giphy.gif

Edited by Sivaro
  • Haha 1

Deebo has WR1 talent.  I drafted him knowing he was on IR.

I held him because I expect him to be a stud this year.

I'll pull CeeDee Lamb out for him this week, just so I can watch him tear apart my opponent on Sunday Night.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

I'll pull CeeDee Lamb out for him this week, just so I can watch him tear apart my opponent on Sunday Night.

Not buying the coach talk about bringing him back slowly?

Edited by Sivaro

(1 hr ago) Samuel (foot) is slated to play Sunday night against the Eagles, Cam Inman of The San Jose Mercury News reports.

That said, it looks like Samuel will be eased back into the mix in his 2020 season debut. With that in mind, coach Kyle Shanahan noted of the wideout Friday, "we've got to be smart with him. I know he'll be out there (Sunday) but it won't be his normal role, that's for sure." 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Not buying the coach talk about bringing him back slowly?

Oof.  I didn't catch that.

This is what I don't understand.  If his wheel is still bad, don't play the guy.  Rest him until he can play on it.  Don't "test" it on the field.

1 minute ago, fruitjacket said:

This is what I don't understand.  If his wheel is still bad, don't play the guy.  Rest him until he can play on it.  Don't "test" it on the field.

They could be lying too.    I do not see how they start Deebo without being fully confident in his health.   The only thing I worry about is the rust.   He has a very good shot of exceeding expectations.  I am struggling wiith him or Aiyuk this week.

23 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

His foot can be 100% but he's not in football shape yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Lisfranc injury is no joke.

+ Coach explicitly said they will take things easy on him first game back.

Folks should be cautious about starting him this week.

Darius Slay should be covering Deebo I’m guessing. Not positive tho

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

I want to wait till week 5 but if Nuk cant go, I have to start Deebo or Anthony Miller.

Deebo is going to get targets.

2 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

San Francisco 49Ers Football GIF by NFLPA - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 2

Eh, don't know how confident I'd be starting him first game back being eased in.  Not even thinking about it in a ten team league I own him in, probably will play him in a two flex 14 team league I have him.  Depends on your options, but I'd be cautious sitting other legitimately viable options.  For this week anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Well I hope it starts turning around for you this Sunday buddy! 

3 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Fascinating.

giphy.gif

spacer.png

I know, I know, just trying to hit a "2020 blows" in general. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Still showing as IR in my league.  Has he been officially activated yet?

Yes its stupid

• Thanks 1

Free Deebo

(47 mins ago) Samuel (foot) was activated off injured reserve Saturday, Matt Barrows of The Athletic reports.

The explosive wideout is now set to play Sunday night meaning both Samuel and George Kittle (knee) will be together on the field for the first time all season. It's reasonable to assume the 49ers might ease Samuel back into game shape, particularly with the team heavily favored against a dysfunctional Eagles roster at the moment, but with Raheem Mostert (knee) and Tevin Coleman (knee) both absent from the equation, it's possible the offense might be forced to utilize the second-year player more than it might like. Expect a slight regression from Brandon Aiyuk (eight touches, 101 total yards and a touchdown in Week 3) with both Kittle and Samuel now officially back in the fold.

KIttle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and only back  up running backs.....against the desperate and broken Eagles.

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

Low expectations tonight. Plays half of the snaps at most and a few catches/rushes for 30 yards to knock the rust off

Deebo Samuel got 25 snaps in his first game of the season. He posted three catches for 35 yards and one rush for 10 yards. Samuel looked good in his limited work, and his production on fewer than half the offensive snaps is a sign he’ll pick up where he left off as the team’s No. 1 receiver last season.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/05/49ers-snap-counts-offer-a-few-positives-from-loss/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Looked like vintage Deebo. Runs with such a furious, punishing style.

• Like 1

#3 WR while he knocks rust off next few weeks.....solid #2 WR and even more upside down stretch when SF is healthy....buy now if the window is still cracked as its going to be shut soon if not already

• Like 1