Rotoworld.com Forums

Deebo Samuel 2020 Outlook

On 10/26/2020 at 12:09 PM, herschel said:

No bueno.

(12 hrs ago) Coach Kyle Shanahan expects Samuel (hamstring) to miss "some time," Chris Biderman of The Sacramento Bee reports. "You never know. Know it pulled on him on that run, which usually is some time (missed)," Shanahan said.

While "some time" isn't a specific diagnosis, Shanahan's words make it sound like Samuel's more likely than not to sit out against the NFC West rival Seahawks in Week 8. Samuel's participation, or lack thereof, in practice this week should provide a more concrete assessment of his status for Week 8 and beyond.

Well, I picked up Aiyuk for this week, so...

bJ-bFKwu.jpg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're a terrible googler.

KIttle, Aiyuk, Deebo, and only back  up running backs.....against the desperate and broken Eagles.

Deebo Samuel got 25 snaps in his first game of the season. He posted three catches for 35 yards and one rush for 10 yards. Samuel looked good in his limited work, and his production on fewer than half

10 hours ago, luckBbrady said:

Currently holding him and Mostert, with no IR spots...brutal

I'm in the same boat, but at least I have Drake too...

On the bright side, Dak helped me out to a 3-1 start...

5 bench spots.  Dak was dropped, obviously.  The others I'm holding for now. 

If it looks like I'm going to have a chance to pull out a W this week, I'll have to drop either Deebo, Chark, or Drake for a flex fill in.

And even though I'm deeper at wr than rb, I'm pretty sure I can't give up on Deebo.

So I'm holding him over either Drake or Chark.

7 hours ago, ZappB said:

Well, I picked up Aiyuk for this week, so...

Well done. Now you've guaranteed yourself a WR2/3 in the 49ers offense. Aiyuk is poised to produce well over the next 2-3 weeks. Who knows who ends up as the Niners no.1 WR but you're covered either way

5 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Well done. Now you've guaranteed yourself a WR2/3 in the 49ers offense. Aiyuk is poised to produce well over the next 2-3 weeks. Who knows who ends up as the Niners no.1 WR but you're covered either way

I do. It's George Kittle. When Deebo is back they're gonna spread it around between all 3 WR. That's basically what they've done the last 2+ years. Kittle and spread it around. Aiyuk could pop while Deebo is out but when Deebo is back these two guys are both probably fantasy WR4 types. 

6 hours ago, fletch44 said:

I do. It's George Kittle. When Deebo is back they're gonna spread it around between all 3 WR. That's basically what they've done the last 2+ years. Kittle and spread it around. Aiyuk could pop while Deebo is out but when Deebo is back these two guys are both probably fantasy WR4 types. 

[...] I obviously said WR. Kittle is the 49ers best pass catcher by far but he plays a position called TE

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack
37 minutes ago, coachshowtime said:

At what point is it time to drop Deebo? 

2 injuries + 1 Covid exposure + Full injury riddled team. 

Time is ticking on this season!

Plus a bye week in week 11...

2 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

Plus a bye week in week 11...

yep, that too!

Without any real QB or healthy offense around him, how is he actually going to help anyone this fantasy season?

Based on my league, he would only be good for Weeks 11 & 12, and then hopefully 1-3 weeks of fantasy playoffs (assuming I make it there).

Seems like wishful thinking about dead weight, right?

1 minute ago, coachshowtime said:

yep, that too!

Without any real QB or healthy offense around him, how is he actually going to help anyone this fantasy season?

Based on my league, he would only be good for Weeks 11 & 12, and then hopefully 1-3 weeks of fantasy playoffs (assuming I make it there).

Seems like wishful thinking about dead weight, right?

Unless you can get a better flyer on waivers or desperately need that spot I would hold until week 12 and see what happens with him. I don't think the Niners are going to roll over and die, they will try to win every game. You never know what might happen late in the season. At the end of the day he is a primary option on a good offensive team with a great play caller. I don't think you will get that kind of upside off waivers. 

27 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

Odds that Deebo plays this week? 

MY guess is 75%

He was not placed on the IR...meaning they must of felt it was minor.  Last week was a short week for the niners so he was really never an option.  This week is a must win if the niners have any chance of sneaking into the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, RyanksN said:

MY guess is 75%

He was not placed on the IR...meaning they must of felt it was minor.  Last week was a short week for the niners so he was really never an option.  This week is a must win if the niners have any chance of sneaking into the playoffs.

Aren't they talking about adding 2 more playoff teams? That could help if they go that route. Pretty sure I read something like that last week

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Aren't they talking about adding 2 more playoff teams? That could help if they go that route. Pretty sure I read something like that last week

Yes...they already added an extra wild card spot in each conference and there are talks of adding 1 more per conference if the season is interrupted at some point

• 2 weeks later...

I think Deebo will get a consistent amount of targets and run plays designed for him. While, he is out, other players fill in his shoes on the same plays. With Kittle also out, there is volume to go around somewhere. The issue is that the niners team (defense and offense) are just not the same anymore and I feel you would play based on match up or bye week filler only. 

aiyuk may be out this week and deebo is in.  anyone rolling the dice?

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan did not appear optimistic about the availability of WR Brandon Aiyuk

for Sunday's matchup with the Rams. (Matt Barrows on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Aiyuk's promising rookie campaign has been somewhat derailed by the Coronavirus. He missed Week 9 against the Packers as a close-contact and is now in jeopardy for Week 12 with his second stint on the NFL's Reserve/COVID-19 list. Deebo Samuels has been cleared to play and offers fantasy value, but draws a tough Rams D/ST in his return from injury.

30 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Was Jalen Ramsey on him for some or all of this game?

Toward the end of the game I heard the announcers say the 49ers hadn’t thrown at Ramsey at all, but I was on Red Zone and didn’t see the whole game.

It looked like Deebo was lining up all over the place; I’m sure Shanahan designed it that way.