Sign in to follow this  
Fantasyscrub

MASSIVE drama over this Doncic trade - thoughts?

So one of my friends has been doing borderline lopsided trades all year and this latest one sort of threw everything into a frenzy and basically cost friendships

12 team, h2h, 9 cat

So he's trading Mitchell, Oladipo, and Nance Jr for Doncic.  Mind you this was before Nance went off for 23-12 the other day but still, the team he's trading with is the 12th ranked, nonactive team.  It got vetoed once in a few hours and then he sent it again after a day.  Now I find it extremely annoying when a trade gets vetoed and then it's sent over again but something snapped in me worse this time.  The trade is pure garbage IMO.  He's dumping off Nance and Oladipo to a nonactive team and getting a top 15 player without even giving up a top 40 asset.  It really pissed me off so I called him out and now our friendship is on the fritz.  Btw it got vetoed a second time.  Thoughts?

You have a right to feel angry...if it's Mitchell Robinson.  But I assume you are talking about Donovan Mitchell.  He's a top 25 talent in 9 cat right now.  The trade isn't THAT bad if it's him.

• Like 1

I agree with gabelife... And I'd go as far as saying that the trade shouldn't have been veto'd in the first place unless it's clear there's collusion

Man fantasy should never cost friendships thats just crazy. My suggestion and this is what I am doing next season is to do a no trade league. Even in my league every trade causes outrage and its getting silly

Fair enough trade with Don Mitchell involved...not sure why people are so upset over it.  Not close to a veto in my view.

• Like 1

Why are you mad? Spida is a top 40 asset easily. Dipo can be once he shakes off the rust and Nance has been solid lately. Now if it was Mitch Robinson, then yeah I'd agree but this trade isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. 

It's the fact that he keeps plucking 1st round players off the 12th ranked team (who's a random guy none of us knows) with 3 for 1 deals that include waiver wire players.

He previously did the same and got Harden.  Also the fact that he resubmits trades even if they get vetoed.  Spida is a top 50 asset sure but Doncic is top 10 when he hits his free throws and who knows what Oladipo/Nance ROS will look like.  You have to remember that roster spot is valuable too.  He's taking the risk off himself of Oladipo getting it together and opening a roster spot for his IL guys, whilst upgrading Mitchell (ranked 47) to Doncic who's top 15.  It's terrible IMO

Seems like a fine deal, the only issue I have is the fact that the last place manager is inactive as you said. The deal itself is what it is, but he needs to be active in order to be making trades.

Yeah that’s a bad trade. Trades like this only make sense in deep deep leagues like 16+ teamers. Horrendous trade in 12 team or lower leagues. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

without reading any prior comments - i would say that any "non active" team should not be able to part take in trading at this point of the season. and that has nothing to do with the players involved in the trade - thats just a simple fact. as far as the trade itself goes, its obviously fairly lopsided but not veto worthy. if it were two of the top 5 teams making the trade i would say let it go through.