1. SP Sale

2. SP Giolito

3. RP Hader

4. SP Gore

5. SP Pearson

20 minutes ago, apap414 said:

Hader straight up for Castillo?  I’d want Castillo

Just curious why?

I have hader in about 4 keepers, and would never do that.

8 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Just curious why?

Yeah Hader is the best closer in baseball and only 25. Helps you with ratios. Just curious about everyones opinion. Got offered Thor as well, in a seperate deal.

Edited by DodgerDan824

14 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Just curious why?

Just the volatility of closers 

• Like 1

Im a Brewers fan, and I would trade Hader for Castillo.  The shelf life is much shorter for RP than that of SP.  Castillo has the skill set to be top 30 SP for quite some time.  Hader started to get exposed last year, as pretty much a fastball only guy.  There is a reason he is being considered a trade candidate.  Knebel will be back in May, so at least half of Hader's saves will be vultured, as they have already said they prefer Hader in a multi inning, high leverage spot rather than a typical closer.  So if saves are that important, even more of a reason to make the trade.  

Edited by TheTruth024
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Im a Brewers fan, and I would trade Hader for Castillo.  The shelf life is much shorter for RP than that of SP.  Castillo has the skill set to be top 30 SP for quite some time.  Hader started to get exposed last year, as pretty much a fastball only guy.  There is a reason he is being considered a trade candidate.  Knebel will be back in May, so at least half of Hader's saves will be vultured, as they have already said they prefer Hader in a multi inning, high leverage spot rather than a typical closer.  So if saves are that important, even more of a reason to make the trade.  

Why would they trade hader?

They could be a wilcard?

Knebel not exactly durable, or a big track record.

I know hades 1st half was better, but he did have a 16.8 k/ the last month.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Why would they trade hader?

They are already shopping him, at least thats the talk around town.  They already know they wont sign him long term, and he started to show cracks in the armor.  He is the only real trade piece they have to fill the MANY holes they have, both short term and long term.  I doubt anything happens early on, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fall back early in the standings the rumors fly around again.  I know they were close with the Yankees back at the winter meetings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d rather have Castillo long term but if we’re strictly talking this season it’s close and it could depend largely on the rest of your roster. Closers and RP are too volatile and often don’t stay at their peak for as long as SPs do which is why I’d prefer Castillo long term. 

3 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

They are already shopping him, at least thats the talk around town.  They already know they wont sign him long term, and he started to show cracks in the armor.  He is the only real trade piece they have to fill the MANY holes they have, both short term and long term.  I doubt anything happens early on, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fall back early in the standings the rumors fly around again.  I know they were close with the Yankees back at the winter meetings.

I'd rather have Castillo, but not sure I'd say Hader showed cracks in the armor last year.  A 2.62 ERA, 0.81 WHIP, 20 BB and 138 Ks in 75 IP isn't too shabby.  He's not perfect as the wild card game showed, but I wouldn't say the league has figured him out or anything.