• tonycpsu changed the title to 2020 Vent & Rant Thread
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My opponent picked up .087 average Gregory Polanco to start the week, who has now turned into Dominican Ted Williams

There was a time (many a time actually) where I had good players who were actually playing baseball; and of the one's who were, were actually producing up to expectations, and in some cases - God forb

Are you talking about the athletes or the people that post on this Thread?  😜

Keepers are turned in.  We have a provision that if a guy goes down for the year post deadline but pre draft,  you can swap him for a different keeper. Draft is in a week.  Sale is waiting 2 wks to decide on TJ. 

And i kept Judge.  

Great start to 2020

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

Keepers are turned in.  We have a provision that if a guy goes down for the year post deadline but pre draft,  you can swap him for a different keeper. Draft is in a week.  Sale is waiting 2 wks to decide on TJ. 

And i kept Judge.  

Great start to 2020

Interesting: our league has a provision that you can drop anyone after the keeper deadline and before the draft for any reasons but you can’t swap in a different player. Not sure which I prefer but in your case can’t yiu pick a player that is injured as a strategy and then choose to swap him later as a loophole?

5 hours ago, merlin401 said:

Interesting: our league has a provision that you can drop anyone after the keeper deadline and before the draft for any reasons but you can’t swap in a different player. Not sure which I prefer but in your case can’t yiu pick a player that is injured as a strategy and then choose to swap him later as a loophole?

No.  Can't just be injured.  That's the risk.  They have to officially be labeled done for the year,  and in that specific time window of in between keeper day and draft day.  

In 11 years,  i think it's been used once.  And i think im looking to be the first guy to have a keeper out all year (I'm assuming) and just be screwed.  

wtf are ESPN doing ??

guys that are injured and have the O tag, have been changed to DTD even though ESPN advises they are already out the next game at least ??

Sat, Mar 7, 5:54 AMROTOWIRE.COM

Embiid (shoulder) has resumed on-court basketball activities, but he won't play Saturday against the Warriors and is set to be re-evaluated Monday, Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

yet he's now "DTD" so have to pull him from the IR list.

Same has happened for LMA,Kat, JJJ, Lavine....

Has to be a glitch

Edited by Quazza
4 minutes ago, Quazza said:

wtf are ESPN doing ??

guys that are injured and have the O tag, have been changed to DTD even though ESPN advises they are already out the next game at least ??

Sat, Mar 7, 5:54 AMROTOWIRE.COM

Embiid (shoulder) has resumed on-court basketball activities, but he won't play Saturday against the Warriors and is set to be re-evaluated Monday, Keith Pompey of The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

yet he's now "DTD" so have to pull him from the IR list.

Same has happened for LMA,Kat, JJJ, Lavine....

Has to be a glitch

Wtf is ESPN doing*
Wrong b-ball

• 4 months later...

I always have at least one of THOSE guys each year. This year it seems it's Cespedes. He's not my starter, but for various reasons I've had to start him 4x. He's done nothing. The 2 games where he was on bench... yep both games homers.

My lineup of C.Kelly, Votto, Albies, Trea, Bogarts, Vlad, Devers, Acuna, Grisham, Benintendi and Kendrick are hitting a combined .190. And I have Soto, Y.Alvarez and A.Meadows on the IL. So much talent. So little results.

37 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

watching Mccullers underhand meatballs.. drafting him over Lance Lynn.. single handed destroying my ERA and whip... now have to play stream SP to win this week. FU Mcutllers

Came here for this.  I'm not even mad.  It was a legit good match-up.  There must be something wrong with this guy.

Snell hoping to go 5 innings in his next start (which is highly unlikely considering he's pitching against the Yankees).  If he isn't the biggest bust, he's right up there.  Barely even a streamer in QS/Win leagues.  I won't be wasting a keeper slot on him next year.

I have a bunch of Phillies, Yankees, and Cardinals on my team. It's a weekly lineup lock points league. Last week I had 29 postponed games among my hitters and lost a Gerrit Cole and Jack Flaherty start.... Plus I 'm going to miss Flaherty's start this week because after last week I went with the cautious approach and benched him this week... To sum it up I went from first place to 11th place in like 4 days and now am in a hole that I doubt I can get out of in 8 weeks.... sigh

I have never ever been a fan of Trea Turner but got sucked into drafting him at the end of the turn in the 1st round. With the shortened season I figured acquiring a guy with the close to .300 BA and ample SB’s was the way to go but clearly the joke was on me. Still a goose egg in the SB department on the season.