TribeFoo

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

2 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Anyone ever been no-hit over a full slate of games? I’m currently 1-27 for a shiny .037 average.

Now it’s up to .059, a 2-34 effort, or lack thereof. But, both my hits are home runs.🤓

3 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Anyone ever been no-hit over a full slate of games? I’m currently 1-27 for a shiny .037 average.

Lol. My team has hit 0.063 and 0.069 over the past few days. And I drafted for offense this year specifically - its just so sad. I feel your pain brother. 

• Like 1

Teams falling apart;

Jd Martinez - captain useless and I took him thinking he was a safe pick.

Frankie Lindor - I really thought he was a lock to be the best hitter on his team.

Josh Donaldson - hurt

mike moustakas hurt

kyle lewis- destined to fall apart.

Garver, Alonso, jd, soroka, Kluber, stroman, chapman, kimbrel, I could add about 5 more names

Having a fully healthy Jack Flaherty as your staff ace and most expensive auction draft buy (draft took place pre-COVID. Like 48 hrs before sh*t hit the fan and entered our lives here in the states), only to inevitably have said staff ace/most expensive auction purchase actually take the field and participate in an actual major league baseball game (Ya know, like the only possible way he can make an impact; hell, so much as even contribute a single statistical measure or counting stat to your squad) maybe, what, 8 or 9 times all season - quite possibly even less - when all is said and done.

• Haha 1

My first 5 hitters were Bregman, Rendon, rizzo, hiura, Robles.  I would have been better off starting the draft with the 350th pick and going backwards while everyone else went normally.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Looked pretty good the first few days of the season. Then the Covid PPDs hit. I have a lot of PHI and STL players plus players on teams that played them and got PPD'ed too. Ate up roster space. Then Ces quit on his team. Stanton does his thang. Team's hitting .226 albeit with power and speed. Got at least 3 starters batting under .200. Before Assdruple's big game today, my streamers had 1 hit all year. Like 1 for 30 something like only a smurf can do.

If only the season was 3 games long. I woulda won...   XD

Edited by papasmurf
  • Haha 2

Seager and Springer DTD (just DL them for God's sake) and Clevinger on NA - hard to field a lineup 🤬

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

Seager and Springer DTD (just DL them for God's sake) and Clevinger on NA - hard to field a lineup 🤬

Springer and Clevinger myself here too. No Seager but I’ll see your Seager and raise you a Flaherty.

And had just bought low on Devers on Sunday to replace that disgrace of a platoon I had going on at 3B between Austin Riley & Colin Moran. Next day on Monday for for a fresh new scoring period, excited to slide Devers into the lineup - mind-numbingly slow start himself too or not - finally to not have to look at that despicable platoon I had throwing up the middle finger at me day after day after day within my starting lineup....the tubby bitch has a sore ankle and is an unexpected late scratch from the BoSox lineup.

By the time I get wind of my new chubby Mendoza line hitting 3b acquisition being a late scratch, the Pirates are off so Moran isn’t an option. And as for Riley? Bottom 2 - Phillies 8 Braves 0...

And that’s when I was reminded I had Sean Newcomb going (who at the time - which was yesterday - was still a baseball player actively playing on a Major League Baseball team. Can’t say the same thing today though), which was only because, oh yeah, that’s right, I tossed him in there cause God knows when Flaherty’s going again, and it’s not like Clevy’s a sure thing to pitch this week either now that he was in a rental car about halfway back to Cleveland.

And the cherry on top? Austin Riley...2 for 4 with a 2-run bomb.

So that was Monday...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Welcome To My House said:

Keeper/dynasty League

i have been hit with injuries.  Luckily this year is just for fun. 

Springer

Albies

Donaldson

Ohtani

Chapman

Syndergaard

Osuna

Yates

Severino

Taillion

This year is just for fun? With those 10 on your squad? If your definition of fun is to furiously masturbate using a cheese grater as a jerk device, then yeah, I'd agree with you; you should be in for a fun season.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

This year is just for fun? With those 10 on your squad? If your definition of fun is to furiously masturbate using a cheese grater as a jerk device, then yeah, I'd agree with you; you should be in for a fun season.

You can rant and respond to said rants with the best of them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

on my 3 teams 17IL 1 in season opt out

Soroka, Bumgarner, Caleb Smith, Garrett Cooper, Stroman, Oberg, Wade Davis, Jorge Alfaro, Hunter Harvey, Ken Giles, E Rodriguez, Springer, Hamels,  DeJong, Donaldson, C Seager, Sandy Alcantara, Mike Moustakas 

On 8/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, charger_ss24 said:

That's rough man.  I think we've all had days like that, wondering that very same thing.  I know I've had a few 1 fers. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 5:45 PM, charger_ss24 said:

Now it’s up to .059, a 2-34 effort, or lack thereof. But, both my hits are home runs.🤓

Ok, now I officially don't feel sorry for you.  😄

• Haha 1

18 h2h team league Dynasty team keep 20. Won in 2019, mostly the same squad and currently sitting in 17th place with record of 3-19-2. team batting average is .197. Knew my pitching was going to take a knock when I lost Verlander.  

Misery loves company.  Anyone else here own Glasnow AND Bumgarner?

Dear Corbin Burnes,

stop walking people. a**hole. 

Posted (edited)

I used the 4th overall pick on Walker Buehler.  

He needs to get his sh*t together.  

Edited by B&F

Posted (edited)

Checked team scores to see the Dodgers up 11-2. Was hoping Belli got a few hits (and maybe a HR). Sad to see 0-3 and a walk. 

Edited by fredo_corleone

12 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

Checked team scores to see the Dodgers up 11-2. Was hoping Belli got a few hits (and maybe a HR). Sad to see 0-3 and a walk. 

Joc chipped in an 0-4 for me as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

Betts absolutely stole the show tonight. So, I watched Belli's first 2 at-bats and he looked better. More aggressive and confident. First AB he lined out to center (pretty hard, not amazing, but 40 ft to either side and its a double) and second AB he hit an absolute rope, probably 95+ exit velocity to first base. a little higher or to the side and its a double. Just thought you should know, so you feel a little less crappy, hopefully. Gotta find signs of hope :P

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aapox said:

Betts absolutely stole the show tonight. So, I watched Belli's first 2 at-bats and he looked better. More aggressive and confident. First AB he lined out to center (pretty hard, not amazing, but 40 ft to either side and its a double) and second AB he hit an absolute rope, probably 95+ exit velocity to first base. a little higher or to the side and its a double. Just thought you should know, so you feel a little less crappy, hopefully. Gotta find signs of hope :P

Yeah, Bellinger being my 1st Rd pick has really been awesome!!!  I thought about taking Soto or Story in the same spot.  SMH

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aapox said:

Optimism such as this has no place here!

• Haha 1