TribeFoo

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Finally sat Swanson for one game after a zillion 0fers, dude gets 3 hits. I put him back in lineup... and...

Of course.

Had deGrom Montas Chatwood Howard and Woodruff starting for one team tonight in need of some good starts. Guess I’m losing all the pitching cats this week 

Springer.. J.Baez .. Gleyber .. E.Suarez..and Max Muncy.  everynight just watching 0 for infinity and a 100k's.. from these "Allstars" . F this season bull sh*t season and Mike Clevenger go eat a fat one thanks..  im out!!

• Like 2

BAHHH. I just spent like 30-40m thinking about Slater vs. Teoscar vs. Clint vs. Dom Smith based on my team and need. Finally made a decision, went to grab Teoscar, and the waivers had JUST passed. Unfortunately it looks like someone else has a bid on him. Woe is me! :P

Posted (edited)

There was a time (many a time actually) where I had good players who were actually playing baseball; and of the one's who were, were actually producing up to expectations, and in some cases - God forbid - actually exceeding them.

That time has not been - and continues not to be - right now. 

Every day, little by little, I am inching closer to the madness that was Jack Nicholson of The Shinning.

Someone - anyone - for the love of God, please, I beg you....get on a damn hot streak: bat, pitcher, whoever. 

Because otherwise, by my estimation, I’m about 48 hours from psychotically taking an axe to the bedroom door, followed by rearing my head on through the gash like a crazed maniac...

And nobody wants that. Especially not the live-in girlfriend who’s only about been living with me for about 2 & 1/2 weeks now.

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Dear Team,

Stop swinging at ***ing BREAKING BALLS IN THE DAMN DIRT ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!!! You're so bad you got Freddy Freeman doing it too! STOP IT!

Sincerely,

your faithful owner

Dodgers put up 8 runs

Bellinger 0/4

Joc 0/3

Taylor 0/3

🤬

Holy crap ... IL/DL is freaking hitting my dynasty team. Five spots 

Strasburg, Osuna, Doolittle, Morton, CSmith, Alvarado, Alcantrana, LeMahiue & WillSmith 

• Like 1

IL full- Verlander, LeMahieu, Bichette, and Giles. Then we have Clev and Plesac. Still not sure what to do with those 2 fools. Oh well there's always next year...

• Like 1

In my keeper league - picks to get me steals hasn't worked out - Albies, Mercado, Rosario.  Combine that with my IP pitching staff - Verlander, E-Rod, C. Smith, Urquidy and Gallegos and you can imagine how the year is going.  Oh yea, and we drafted in March, so my 1B keeper didn't work so well, wishing him a speedy recovery, Mancini.  Ready for 2021.

• Like 1

Spent an hour deciding on my reliever pick-up. Ended up going Romano just barely over Miller. Miller comes in and closes out my cubbies in a clean inning with 1k. It's ALL BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Holy crap ... IL/DL is freaking hitting my dynasty team. Five spots 

Strasburg, Osuna, Doolittle, Morton, CSmith, Alvarado, Alcantrana, LeMahiue & WillSmith 

I got you beat.  I am up to 10. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

[Aguilar had] 8 strikeouts in 54 AB's. I pick him up today and he has 3 strike outs.

Edited by tonycpsu
Moved to vent & rant
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Re-draft league. Auction style. Drafted back in early March. About 24 hours before the COVID reality hit the States.

Drafted a dynamite pitching staff mixed with aces (plural), a couple of guys who had ace potential - and that ace potential they have a fulfilled and then some, a couple of solid/good veteran arms who pitch for the two teams who probably sport the best two lineups in baseball, and a couple of young electric arms with absolutely filthy, lights out stuff. 

None of them have been remotely bad, most of them really good, and a couple of them really excellent. And to boot, not a one of them - then really and definitely not now - injured either.

• Jack Flaherty 
  • Mike Clevinger
  • Zac Gallen
  • Dinelson Lamet 
  • Jake Odorizzi 
  • Masahiro Tanaka
  • Nate Pearson 
  • Corbin Burnes

IMO, about the most perfect-looking mix of arms you can reasonably hope to concoct and collect at the onset of a season. I give myself an A on this one.

Here’s the rub though.

That staff right there. Those 8 guys (including a handful of unlisted streamers I’ve sprinkled in)

My collective team total 2020 win count to date as we sit here 1/3 of the way into the season?....

4 wins. Four(!)

And one guy (Lamet) has half of ‘em

I mean what in the fu...how in the...I mean...I mean...I just...f**kin’...I...I don’t know.

Words? Anyone? I’m at a loss.

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

^ hahaha this needs to be shown to Cy Young voters as exhibit A against wins!

i was with you on the Gallen train last night. Brutal. 

Edited by aapox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

^ hahaha this needs to be shown to Cy Young voters as exhibit A against wins!

i was with you on the Gallen train last night. Brutal. 

Don't even get me started on Gallen's lost W last night. Nick Ahmed. Dude. Seriously? A softly hit, casually jog 5 steps back, pop-up, with a direct trajectory into your glove, that your average 12 year old shortstop with even mildly average athleticism catches 999 times out of 1,000.....You can't catch that? A major leaguer?!? Dude.

So, I want to know what people think about this...

Everyone's been in the spot where they get excited about someone. They find some things they like. I'm gonna go get this guy on my fantasy team, and he's going to contribute.

But then, wham, he's taken from you by someone else!!

Do you find yourself A) rooting for this guy to validate that you were right, b) not really caring, or C) rooting against him so that your douchebag leaguemate doesn't reap the rewards of the player you wish you had?

Cuz I gotta say, I'm on the C team way too often..... 😆

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Everyone's been in the spot where they get excited about someone. They find some things they like. I'm gonna go get this guy on my fantasy team, and he's going to contribute.

Do you find yourself A) rooting for this guy to validate that you were right, b) not really caring, or C) rooting against him so that your douchebag leaguemate doesn't reap the rewards of the player you wish you had?

A. Lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aapox said:

I’m C and also D ) hating myself for not taking him sooner and thinking too long

• Like 1

Haha, appreciate your responses. I feel you on D, @ToO_BaD

Man, I hate that IBB's count against WHIP and BB/K!!!

Glad to see Montas F*** my Gallen/Greinke combo in such a short amount of time.  😡😡😡😡😡