TribeFoo

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Posted (edited)

1B, my last draft pick of the draft in 1 league.

So I take Votto..starts off good then falls apart.

Then I take Slater (hurt)

Then I take Dominic Smith (team suspended)

I'm down to taking Hosmer.  I said I'd never pick up Hosmer.  But never say never.

Of course in a huge scoring game for the Padres, he's 0-4. Lol.

Edited by KingJoffrey

6 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

1B, my last draft pick of the draft in 1 league.

So I take Votto..starts off good then falls apart.

Then I take Slater (hurt)

Then I take Dominic Smith (team suspended)

I'm down to taking Hosmer.  I said I'd never pick up Hosmer.  But never say never.

Of course in a huge scoring game for the Padres, he's 0-4. Lol.

You should have been smart like me and squirrelled away one of the top guys.  Weak position?  Guaranteed production?  Hell yes im taking Anthony Rizzo.   That cool .212 BA and 9 rbi is all mine now. 

• Like 1

My opponent picked up .087 average Gregory Polanco to start the week, who has now turned into Dominican Ted Williams

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

You should have been smart like me and squirrelled away one of the top guys.  Weak position?  Guaranteed production?  Hell yes im taking Anthony Rizzo.   That cool .212 BA and 9 rbi is all mine now. 

Poor Rizzo won't have his normal 2 months to remember how to hit and then turn it on for the rest of the season this year.

On 8/18/2020 at 10:48 AM, Chest-Rockwell said:

Re-draft league. Auction style. Drafted back in early March. About 24 hours before the COVID reality hit the States.

Drafted a dynamite pitching staff mixed with aces (plural), a couple of guys who had ace potential - and that ace potential they have a fulfilled and then some, a couple of solid/good veteran arms who pitch for the two teams who probably sport the best two lineups in baseball, and a couple of young electric arms with absolutely filthy, lights out stuff. 

None of them have been remotely bad, most of them really good, and a couple of them really excellent. And to boot, not a one of them - then really and definitely not now - injured either.

• Jack Flaherty 
  • Mike Clevinger
  • Zac Gallen
  • Dinelson Lamet 
  • Jake Odorizzi 
  • Masahiro Tanaka
  • Nate Pearson 
  • Corbin Burnes

IMO, about the most perfect-looking mix of arms you can reasonably hope to concoct and collect at the onset of a season. I give myself an A on this one.

Here’s the rub though.

That staff right there. Those 8 guys (including a handful of unlisted streamers I’ve sprinkled in)

My collective team total 2020 win count to date as we sit here 1/3 of the way into the season?....

4 wins. Four(!)

And one guy (Lamet) has half of ‘em

I mean what in the fu...how in the...I mean...I mean...I just...f**kin’...I...I don’t know.

Words? Anyone? I’m at a loss.

**UPDATE**

Still only 4 wins on the season. Still haven’t picked up another one since. 

I have however picked up 3 IL stints since the the time of this post: Jake Odorizzi and his 0 wins on the season, Nate Pearson and his 0 wins, and now Matt Shoemaker and his goose egg in the win column (not listed earlier, but another guy on my team and with 0 wins on the season nonetheless).

What will happen this week?

Maybe Mike Clevinger will get called back up to the squad and pitch for the first time in over 2 weeks. Ha. Yeah right.

Maybe Jack Flaherty will be permitted to take the bump for a start for a change and maybe even possibly allowed to throw more than 40 pitches and/or go more than 1.2. After all, nearly half way thru the season he’s almost all the way up to 9 total innings pitched on the year (not or never injured).

Maybe Zac Gallen, a guy averaging 6.2 IP per start with a sparkling 2.25 ERA, will either get enough run support or have a bullpen not blow a lead, and gets off the schneid for his first W on the season.

Tune in to find out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

**UPDATE**

Still only 4 wins on the season. Still haven’t picked up another one since. 

I have however picked up 3 IL stints since the the time of this post: Jake Odorizzi and his 0 wins on the season, Nate Pearson and his 0 wins, and now Matt Shoemaker and his goose egg in the win column (not listed earlier, but another guy on my team and with 0 wins on the season nonetheless).

What will happen this week?

Maybe Mike Clevinger will get called back up to the squad and pitch for the first time in over 2 weeks. Ha. Yeah right.

Maybe Jack Flaherty will be permitted to take the bump for a start for a change and maybe even possibly allowed to throw more than 40 pitches and/or go more than 1.2. After all, nearly half way thru the season he’s almost all the way up to 9 total innings pitched on the year (not or never injured).

Maybe Zac Gallen, a guy averaging 6.2 IP per start with a sparkling 2.25 ERA, will either get enough run support or have a bullpen not blow a lead, and gets off the schneid for his first W on the season.

Tune in to find out.

I’m sure the league douchebag got 4 wins from his relievers last week too.

Picked up Grichuk after his mega hot streak. Dropped him last night. F this F-ing game. 😝

How is it possible that I drafted Kevin Newman and Amed Rosario and they have zero SBs between them?

• Like 1

Held Berti all year through all the Marlins Covid PPD games.  He wasn’t in the Marlins starting lineup  for 5 out of 6 games last week - seemed pretty obvious that the Marlins had moved him to a bench role.  Cut him two days ago and then he steals 3 bases last nite.  I also had taken Mallex in the late rounds too. I’m never chasing SBs again.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Held Berti all year through all the Marlins Covid PPD games.  He wasn’t in the Marlins starting lineup  for 5 out of 6 games last week - seemed pretty obvious that the Marlins had moved him to a bench role.  Cut him two days ago and then he steals 3 bases last nite.  I also had taken Mallex in the late rounds too. I’m never chasing SBs again.  

I picked him up, excited for the sb potential with some pop and average    Didn't get to start him once as he sat like 6 games in a row.  Like you said, clearly wasn't going to get many  ABs.  Im guessing you missed the homerun in his first game after starting again.   I grabbed him again, which pretty much cements him to the bench (possibly an 0-20 run first)if that makes you feel better.

• Haha 1

I'll be rolling on this train with you guys. I picked up Grichuk when he was hot and played him every game until he hit his next home run. I dropped Tommy La Stella after a week of play and he somehow gets a combo meal last night. LOL...it's a cruel, fun game, isn't it? I just dropped Moose for Berti because our league is super clumped in steals and I want to get out ahead. Looking forward to Moose's comeback tour coming up soon.

• Haha 1

I spent FIVE hours eating one meal at the in laws yesterday.....and my wife invited them over again tonight!!!

• Like 1

Last week of fantasy regular season and I'm fighting hard to get the 2 seed which comes with a bye.  In a QS league and have the following pitchers:  Snell (1 out a way but gives up a 2 strike HR and is pulled), Flaherty (pitched an absolute gem but apparently capped at 5 innings), Turnbull (1 out a way and pulled), Gray (pitched 5 great innings and pulled at 85 pitches).  I hate this game!

On 8/26/2020 at 11:34 AM, Cesare13 said:

I spent FIVE hours eating one meal at the in laws yesterday.....and my wife invited them over again tonight!!!

/Thread. This is the winner in a boat race.

• Like 1

BTW MLB Players are "choosing not to play" - I'm choosing not to watch for the first night of the season. I'll watch the news instead, which is apparently what they're focused on. Could become a long-term habit that replaces their profession - who knows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Top 12 offenses include padres, mariners, giants, rays

this season sucks and makes no sense. The only guys who can hit are former fringe platoon players 

• Like 2

Devasted by all kinds of PPDs and injuries.

Started the season off good with a deep roster, including 5 closers even though the two I drafted were injured, and now I have 1 left, maybe: Gallegos, who was on the DL early.

Drake, Kim, Burti, Britton, Jimenez...  

Only a smurf.

In third now but chances are slim. If I had half the injuries, probably had a real shot at the title.

Yes, I know, probably true for most managers as well.

I'm 1000% in support of racial justice striking. Hit the power-holders in the pocketbook and it'll make em actually think twice. But it would have been really cool if that didn't lead Chris Bassitt getting the Astros instead of the Rangers... 😝

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Top 12 offenses include padres, mariners, giants, rays

this season sucks and makes no sense. The only guys who can hit are former fringe platoon players 

The Winner (by far) in my roto league so far, lineup is (not mine btw):

O. Narvaez C

M. Olson 1B

W. Merrifield 2B

E. Suarez 3B

D. Gregorius SS

K. Lewis OF

A. Meadows OF

M. Yastrzemski OF

K. Freeland SP

M. Gonzales SP

S. Gray SP

L. Lynn SP

T. McKenzie SP

N. Anderson RP

K. Jansen RP

S. Romo RP

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1

^Merrifield, Lynn, Lewis, Yaz and Gray great values this year. But yeah, lol, so many SSS guys leading the charge.

• Like 1

its loud and clear that nothing good will happen to me...but can something bad happen to the lucky guy once in awhile too?

Just out of curiosity - since this is somewhat the year of the knee jerk (and we've only really had just a month plus of performance) - who do you think will be the real deal among all these former fringe players for next year's draft (Yaz, Cronenworth, Hernandez, Lewis, Seager) or is it hard to tell at this point?

11 hours ago, fredo_corleone said:

Just out of curiosity - since this is somewhat the year of the knee jerk (and we've only really had just a month plus of performance) - who do you think will be the real deal among all these former fringe players for next year's draft (Yaz, Cronenworth, Hernandez, Lewis, Seager) or is it hard to tell at this point?

I'd wait until the end of the season. My guy Yaz (who i love) has already been regressing. Cronenworth probably will too. I think Teoscar and Lewis have the biggest upside, but you have to love Cronenworth's upside in that SD offense. As of now I'd go Teoscar > Lewis > Yaz > Cronenworth > Seager (assuming Kyle) but you could put Cronenworth higher based on position and peripheral offense.

VENT TIME! I picked up Berti because our league is CLUMPED in steals from 2-9th. I have Berti and Villar. Dudes keep getting PO'd and CS'd :(:(:( Just give me one damn bag!

• Like 1