Sign in to follow this  
Picard56

J.D. Martinez 2020 Outlook

Had another great year last year. I hadn't seen a thread for him yet and I was honestly curious what everyone thinks about him going into 2020.

The Sox are without Betts now, but still have a decent lineup with Devers and Bogaerts still in it.

just pray he doesnt fall to late 2nd to one of the top 3 teams with acuna/trout/yelich and jdm. yikes

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

just pray he doesnt fall to late 2nd to one of the top 3 teams with acuna/trout/yelich and jdm. yikes

That's Kind of what I am hoping for my 10 team league where I am picking trout first

Edited by Picard56

All over this guy this year. With Mookie gone I feel like this entire offense is being undervalued big time. Lineup is middle of the road, and I will be all over JDM if his ADP starts slipping. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, sasnumberonefan said:

All over this guy this year. With Mookie gone I feel like this entire offense is being undervalued big time. Lineup is middle of the road, and I will be all over JDM if his ADP starts slipping. 

In all of my mocks and then actual 12-team drafts he went in the 2nd round - pretty nice value imo.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:16 PM, sasnumberonefan said:

I think it’s a bit better than middle of the road when it’s filled with good hitters.

I’m worried about his back and decline last year, but still taking him at the right price. I only do auctions so not sure of his draft price, but in auctions $34 is the highest I’d pay for him and he goes for $32 or so.

14 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I’m worried about his back and decline last year, but still taking him at the right price. I only do auctions so not sure of his draft price, but in auctions $34 is the highest I’d pay for him and he goes for $32 or so.

what decline? where you expecting for jdm to hit 330 again? difference between down year (totals) and decline

2nd half was much better. 155 game pace of 42 bombs, 131 rbi, 105 runs, 965 ops, 305 avg

• Like 4

On 3/24/2020 at 1:32 PM, colepenhagen said:

what decline? where you expecting for jdm to hit 330 again? difference between down year (totals) and decline

2nd half was much better. 155 game pace of 42 bombs, 131 rbi, 105 runs, 965 ops, 305 avg

WRC+
2017: 167

2018: 170

2019: 139

HR

2017: 45 in 489 PA

2018: 43 in 649 PA

2019: 36 in 657 PA

fWAR

2017: 3.8

2018: 5.9

2019: 3.2

SLG

2017: .629

2018: .690

2019: .557

He’s very obviously in decline or was clearly worse last year than in the previous years. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

He’s very obviously in decline or was clearly worse last year than in the previous years.

Or he had some back issues he was trying to play through as we all know.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2020 at 2:50 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Or he had some back issues he was trying to play through as we all know.

And those back issues just magically disappeared this year despite him being injury prone in the past and getting deeper into his 30’s? He’s in decline and that’s been said by pretty much every respected site analyzing fantasy out there. I guess you have him on your team/teams and don’t want to believe it, but I have him on my teams too and being realistic. I’m not saying he’s worthless or not good anymore, just that he’s in decline, which he is. Steamer thinks so too.

Edited by Thenewwildone8

10 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

And those back issues just magically disappeared this year despite him being injury prone in the past and getting deeper into his 30’s? He’s in decline and that’s been said by pretty much every respected site analyzing fantasy out there. I guess you have him on your team/teams and don’t want to believe it, but I have him on my teams too and being realistic. I’m not saying he’s worthless or not good anymore, just that he’s in decline, which he is. Steamer thinks so too.

Huh?  No he had back issues for part of last season but has recovered.  And no he has never been injury prone.  And no I do not have him on any of my fantasy teams though I wish I did.