FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

So the question is, how far does Drake’s ADP fall in upcoming drafts and how much does Edmonds rise?

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

So the question is, how far does Drake’s ADP fall in upcoming drafts and how much does Edmonds rise?

I don't think Drake' ADP changes until we get a more definitive understanding of what is going on but I do think that Edmunds ADP creeps up into 8th/9th round territory for drafts

6 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I don't think Drake' ADP changes until we get a more definitive understanding of what is going on but I do think that Edmunds ADP creeps up into 8th/9th round territory for drafts

I don’t see how anyone can feel comfortable taking him at the 1/2 turn with the news of a walking boot. That screams problematic to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I don’t see how anyone can feel comfortable taking him at the 1/2 turn with the news of a walking boot. That screams problematic to me.

I think thats fair but im not going to drop him until they release more information on the injury. Just a little premature to drop because he is wearing a walking boot IMO. I wore a boot for a grade 1 ankle sprain during my sport days so im not stressing too much about it until Kliff discloses more

8 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

I think thats fair but im not going to drop him until they release more information on the injury. Just a little premature to drop because he is wearing a walking boot IMO. I wore a boot for a grade 1 ankle sprain during my sport days so im not stressing too much about it until Kliff discloses more

The next few days will be telling...if it is in fact "general training camp soreness" (whatever that means), then he should be back practicing this week. I draft this weekend, so by then I'll know how big of a concern this really is. If he's back this week, then I'm not changing where I draft him. If this goes longer than a few days, I'm not drafting him.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

The same Kliff who screwed DJ owners by starting him and taking him out of the game after a few snaps?

Drake is staring to look like CJ Anderson in 2015. Drafted high because of an awesome half season, gets a "minor" injury and ends up splitting touches with his backup.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

The same Kliff who screwed DJ owners by starting him and taking him out of the game after a few snaps?

Drake is staring to look like CJ Anderson in 2015. Drafted high because of an awesome half season, gets a "minor" injury and ends up splitting touches with his backup.

Cool. Let's revisit this statement in a couple of months. Will make sure to follow-up!

Posted (edited)

will be a nagging season injury ... good luck all..

just my guestimate. 

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1

Imo it does drop him to lower round 2 for me. I have some of him in bestball without edmonds and am hating it but such is life. This def makes edmonds a bigger auction target for me now and drake a fade at his current auction cost.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol

Drake says he's fine but we'll see....  Other players have said the same thing weeks before being placed on the PUP list or even injured reserve.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 2

After years of fantasy football and yet we still haven’t learned that players are stupid. They play football and are not doctors. They always say they are fine and yet just like @sjm76 said they are gone. 

With that being said, he dropped to end of round 2 and I couldn’t passed him up. 

YOLO - Drake 

Moral of the story here is if you're drafting Drake back-end Rnd 1, you're reaching for Edmonds in the late single-digits, and probably spending your last pick on Eno Benjamin to round out the Zona backfield.

If you're a "carry 3 RB's to do one job" fantasy manager, yeah man go for it.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Moral of the story here is if you're drafting Drake back-end Rnd 1, you're reaching for Edmonds in the late single-digits, and probably spending your last pick on Eno Benjamin to round out the Zona backfield.

If you're a "carry 3 RB's to do one job" fantasy manager, yeah man go for it.

I would just monitor the situation closely and I think we might get a better idea of the situation as the week goes on. Unless you're in a super deep league, I wouldn't bother burning a roster spot on Benjamin...I would just make sure to handcuff Drake with Edmonds, which is what I typically would do anyways with a RB1 that has a clear backup. I'm not worried right now about him, and would suggest others not to worry unless you are happening to draft in the next 24 hours. I think if it's truly precautionary then we will be able to find that out before the week is over based on his activity level.

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

I would definitely try and get Edmonds but going for Benjamin too is just being paranoid.

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

After years of fantasy football and yet we still haven’t learned that players are stupid. They play football and are not doctors. They always say they are fine and yet just like @sjm76 said they are gone. 

I sort of entirely agree, except for the idea that they're stupid - I think it's generally the smart choice. You can't be a starter if you don't play; and you don't play if you tell anyone you might be injured. "Tis but a scratch!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I would definitely try and get Edmonds but going for Benjamin too is just being paranoid.

Nah my plan this year is Drake round 1, Mostert round 5, Edmonds round 8, Coleman round 9, McKinnon round 14, Benjamin round 15. Sprinkle in some WR's and maybe a TE in between.

2020: "Survival of the ACLs" have at it!

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I sort of entirely agree, except for the idea that they're stupid - I think it's generally the smart choice. You can't be a starter if you don't play; and you don't play if you tell anyone you might be injured. 

Yea they’re not stupid, they’re modern day warriors/gladiators. Some of the most manly men on earth playing maybe the most dangerous sport on earth and they love it and don’t want little injuries to stop them from playing. Like ray lewis used to say “they pay me for all the work I do Monday thru Saturday, I do sundays for free” 

That being said they might have longer careers if they would take a few days off. I wouldn’t mind if drake didn’t take another practice rep we kno he can show up with less than 3 days notice and ball he just needs to be healthy. Draft Edmonds Late just one case and drop him if it’s all good 

16 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I'm having this dilemma...

16 hours ago, ponchsox said:

The thing is there are just a number of other RBs in that exact tier that aren't in a walking boot right now. Why even risk it? Take Chubb, Jacobs, Sanders, Ekeler or Jones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

The thing is there are just a number of other RBs in that exact tier that aren't in a walking boot right now. Why even risk it? Take Chubb, Jacobs, Sanders, Ekeler or Jones. 

Because they’ve left no doubt about this boot being precautionary.   He used one last preseason for soreness and was healthy— basically all season.   

if you prefer those other backs to drake then by all means...but with weeks until the season— odds are very good drake is out there week 1 

• Like 1

• Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury confirmed Kenyan Drake's walking boot was due to little more than "nicks and bruises." 

"It's just some normal nicks and bruises, normal camp stuff," was Kingsbury's exact quote. "It's just kind of precautionary with him, knowing what he'll be able to do." You don't get a walking boot for "nicks and bruises," but the issue is clearly not something that will affect Drake's Week 1 status. The back himself tweeted Monday that he was "good." 

SOURCE: 12news.com
    Aug 24, 2020, 11:06 PM ET

•