FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

Drake looks primed for a big year. You could see the talent in Miami, they just didn't know how take advantage of it. When he switched cities I was not surprised he went off but I didn't expected it to be so sudden.

This year if can sustain that level of play over a whole season he will be a top five RB.

• Like 1

Quick survey for all the Drake owners out there....

How many of you also have Chase Edmonds?

I currently don't. Love the kid, but really question his durability, so don't want to waste a roster spot on someone that even if he gets the chance, may only hold up a game or 2. However, I'm being offered him as a trade chip in my league and am at least considering it. Want to see where my fellow Drake owners are at.

8 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I currently don't. Love the kid, but really question his durability, so don't want to waste a roster spot on someone that even if he gets the chance, may only hold up a game or 2. However, I'm being offered him as a trade chip in my league and am at least considering it. Want to see where my fellow Drake owners are at.

Not a Drake owner (yet anyways) but I’m snagging Edmonds whenever I can. 

Usually not a fan of handcuffs (would prefer other guys cuffs) but in this case I would consider it because owning this backfield should be profitable. 

9 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I currently do not have Edmonds either, he's still there on the wire for me. I want to get him as insurance but our league this year cut our bench down to 6 spots and we can only roster 5 rbs and 5 wrs this year, so I'd have to drop either J. Taylor, Zack Moss, or Antonio Gbison.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Don’t have Chase either. But I have other high-end cuffs of my league mates. It’s pure dumb luck anyways if a handcuff ever hits. I went with Mattison and L. Murray, which I think are better situations. But to each his own

1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I have Edmonds to back up Drake but I have Eno Benjamin too cause I think Edmonds will get hurt

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have Edmonds to back up Drake but I have Eno Benjamin too cause I think Edmonds will get hurt

Damn you must have a deep bench bro. 

That's part of the reason why I don't have Edmonds...

If Drake goes down, I'm gonna immediately pounce on Eno.

Shhhh 🤫 keep it on the down low, the best kept secret of 2020  #Benji 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Damn you must have a deep bench bro. 

That's part of the reason why I don't have Edmonds...

If Drake goes down, I'm gonna immediately pounce on Eno.

It's a dynasty league so bigger benches.

My point is that I wouldn't reach for Chase, I'd take Eno off waivers and feel confident if Drake is out for the season that chase will get hurt and eno will work into a nice role by seasons end.

24 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

My point is that I wouldn't reach for Chase, I'd take Eno off waivers and feel confident if Drake is out for the season that chase will get hurt and eno will work into a nice role by seasons end.

Yeah exactly my plan. I went to ASU so I know all about Eno. He's got hands too #BenjiSeason2021
I'm all about that Kenyan "Hotline Bling" Drake in 2020

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I don't have him. This doesn't mean injury is impossible but Drake has been very durable in his career. He didn't miss a game in his first three seasons. Last year he played in 14, but I can't remember why he missed a couple games early in the season. Either way, he's rock solid. 

That's not to say don't get the handcuff but rather don't break the bank.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Edmonds is by far the best value in that backfield. But Drake has a very high ceiling (top-3 RB overall) if he’s truly healthy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Don't have him but trying to get him. Owner wants a lot 

Don’t own him but I don’t particularly care for him this season. Always makes me nervous when a guy has an injury before the season. 

I also think Edmonds gets more carries per game and they employ more of a 60/40 split. 

Murray will sling it again this year

I got Edmons in an auction for a buck as insurance. I'm not going to be caught with my tail between my legs if Drake goes down. I would be willing to trade him if someone wanted him though. Obviously I would have to get something I like.

Edited by hangin n wangin

I got Edmonds as insurance with the walking boat.  Like the above user posted, I only paid 1$ in an auction draft for the cuff

43 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

I got Edmonds as insurance with the walking boat.  Like the above user posted, I only paid 1$ in an auction draft for the cuff

Exactly the same here. I have him as my insurance for week one, but if anyone great ends up on the wire Edmonds might be the first casualty.

12 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Exactly the same here. I have him as my insurance for week one, but if anyone great ends up on the wire Edmonds might be the first casualty.

My thoughts too.  I'm debating cutting him now to take a shot at some of the undrafted guys but the prudent move is to hold until after week one

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Even though Kliff has said that Edmonds could be a starting running back?  How is this Eno guy going to jump him?

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

Even though Kliff has said that Edmonds could be a starting running back?  How is this Eno guy going to jump him?

Who said he would overtake Chase tho.. not I. If something serious befalls Drake, not just missing a game or two. Then this turns into a 50-50 timeshare.

But I’m confident Drake plays a full 16 and goes berserk mode. Same goes for Kyler Murray & DHop. Bullish like crazy on the Cardinals 2020 campaign. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Bullish like crazy on the Cardinals 2020 campaign. 

Yep, I am buying the backfield, not just the player. Edmonds is my most-owned player across all my leagues. But give me an up-tempo offense with elite players across the board and a sketchy defense every day of the week.

• Like 2

The sight of Kenyan Drake in a walking boot on Aug. 24 led to plenty of outside worry and speculation, but the Cardinals running back never shared those concerns.

While Drake missed more than a week of practice, he returned last Thursday and will be ready to go in the season opener on Sunday against the 49ers.

"To be honest, I was out the boot in like two days," Drake said. "The boot wasn't much of a concern. I guess it was something that wasn't really public, so people didn't know if I had it on or not."

Drake said he would have been back at practice sooner if an illness didn't keep him sidelined.

"I was supposed to practice like Tuesday, Wednesday, but I didn't get to make my grand debut until (Thursday)," Drake said. "That was a little delayed, but other than that, everything else was fine."

For the first time in his NFL career, Drake is poised to enter the season as a clear-cut featured back. He earned it after a scintillating eight-game debut with the Cardinals to end 2019, and this is an important year for him individually as he plays the season on the transition tag.

"When he got here last year, I think he knew this was kind of his chance," coach Kliff Kingsbury said. "Either he was going to play at a high level or not have a ton more opportunities. He took it and ran with it. I'm excited to see what he can do. He has the mindset of one of the top guys (at his position). He thinks he can be that and we're very high on what he can do in this system."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Eh...not impressed with Eno.

What are your projections week 1 vs a great SF D? I feel like Cardinals have enough weapons to spread it around against any D and score, but still iffy on starting him week 1. I'm probly one of the few with a realistic option to bench him bc I started rb/rb/rb/rb, but the matchup is a little worrisome

Edited by scheibler