FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, scheibler said:

What are your projections week 1 vs a great SF D? I feel like Cardinals have enough weapons to spread it around against any D and score, but still iffy on starting him week 1. I'm probly one of the few with a realistic option to bench him bc I started rb/rb/rb/rb, but the matchup is a little worrisome

Did you see what Drake did to that defense last year? I don't think benching him is the right choice here. I believe his floor is safe at/or around 8-10 points this week in a half ppr league with immense ceiling

my projections are: 18 carries 80 yards, 6 catches 45 yards, 1 TD

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Did you see what Drake did to that defense last year? I don't think benching him is the right choice here. I believe his floor is safe at/or around 8-10 points this week in a half ppr league with immense ceiling

my projections are: 18 carries 80 yards, 6 catches 45 yards, 1 TD

6 receptions is awfully generous. I'll be shocked if he gets 6 targets 

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

32 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

6 receptions is awfully generous. I'll be shocked if he gets 6 targets 

Why would you be shocked? He had 4 catches and 6 catches in the two 49er games last year. 

His AVG production from those 2 games was: 15.5 rushes for 88.5 yards and 5 rec for 32.5 yards. 

He didn't have any TDs in either matchup. EDIT: He had a Rushing TD in the first matchup thx kdpat15

He's worked on his receiving game, and learned the system since then, and I'd say he has a decent chance at a TD.

I'd predict a line like .... 17 rushes, 85 yards with a TD, and 3 receptions for 25 yards. 

Edited by BallinOnnaBudget
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Why would you be shocked? He had 4 catches and 6 catches in the two 49er games last year. 

His AVG production from those 2 games was: 15.5 rushes for 88.5 yards and 5 rec for 32.5 yards. 

He didn't have any TDs in either matchup. 

He's worked on his receiving game, and learned the system since then, and I'd say he has a decent chance at a TD.

I'd predict a line like .... 17 rushes, 85 yards with a TD, and 3 receptions for 25 yards. 

He did score in that first game against the niners but agree with all your points!

1 minute ago, kdpat15 said:

He did score in that first game against the niners but agree with all your points!

Good catch, he did have a big rushing TD in that first game vs SF... which was a Thursday game on a short week, he was brought in on like Monday/Tuesday and played Thursday and went off. He was asking Kyler for instructions in the backfield just before the snap lol.

The second 49er game was just 2 weeks later (still learning the system). I'm going pretty conservative with my projection, but with a full off-season, and an established role as the lead back, with DHop further stretching the 9er defense, I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a big game with 100+ total yards and 2 TDs. 

• Like 1

49ers defense is obivously very good BUT their run defense isn't. In fact, you can argue that it isn't even average.

If you drafted Drake to bench him in week 1 trade him to someone that isn't foolish enough to do something like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

He didn't have any TDs in either matchup. 

Because 6 receptions is the most he got last year. Don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if he does but I'm expecting like 3 receptions 20 years + 13 carries 50 yards.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Because 6 receptions is the most he got last year. Don't get me wrong I would be ecstatic if he does but I'm expecting like 3 receptions 20 years + 13 carries 50 yards.

3 receptions in 20 years? Yea, you definitely shouldn't have drafted him.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

3.8 ypc, huh?

He will do better than that 

29 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

You said you'd be "shocked if he got 6 targets". 

Last season he has 6+ targets in 5 games, with another 2 games with 5+. He averaged 4.9 targets per game. Not really a stretch for him to see 6 this Sunday. 

Drake was pretty expensive in most leagues (late 1st, early 2nd). I'm curious why you have him if you're so pessimistic on his outlook? 

He's talked about working hard on the receiving aspect of the game in general so i bet that will be stronger this year. 

Also, he didn't even really know the offense last season when he played the 9ers, so I'm confused as to why you're predicting him to do worse this game than he did in either matchup vs the 49ers last year? 

Edited by BallinOnnaBudget

49 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Sitting Drake in week 1? Geez...It's like why bother even drafting him.

I guess you're referring to me. My rb4 is Gurley. Looking at week 1 rankings gurley is usually ranked higher due to matchups

we'll see tomorrow on the injury report... obviously not reassuring from the coach.

32 minutes ago, rasrar said:

What do you guys make of this?

Coach speak being intentionally vague?

Literally means nothing. It didn't even take Kingsbury a season to establish himself as a dude that blows smoke out his a** when it comes to coach speak.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Might just be a smokescreen, or might not. Hopefully we get a clearer picture from practice sessions before Sundeee comes. But one way or another he's plugged into my starting lineup.

• Like 1

I think Edmonds owners need to prepare to hold for a while. Cutting bait prematurely sounds like a disaster

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

I think Edmonds owners need to prepare to hold for a while. Cutting bait prematurely sounds like a disaster

Why would anyone be cutting bait with Edmunds?

• Like 2

Count me in on the Drake hype train - never understood his lack of usage in Miami and I think he's going to be a top 5 guy this year if he stays healthy. A big chunk of my optimism is driven by the system/coach and the fact that he's on a prove-it deal and this is his one chance to get paid.

7 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Why would anyone be cutting bait with Edmunds?

Some people mulled over cutting him for the first hot FA on the wire

UPDATE:  Full quote

53 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Here is the full quote.

Sounds a little like coach speak to me... and him just wanting to give credit to another talented player who has had a good camp.