FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It baffles me that anyone would ever talk to a real football player about their fantasy football production.  These guys are world class athletes making millions of dollars playing a team sport to try to win games and championships.  Why should they care about your 10 team PPR work league?

When I know I am going to meet an NFL player, I look up some stuff before-hand about their life that they might be interested in talking about.  Earl Thomas growing up in tiny Orange, Texas, or Cooper Kupp getting faster after his knee surgery.  It works pretty well, actually.

You guys should try it some time.

And, in fantasy this year, Drake is going to JUST FINE.

You mean like, if I ever met Joe Mixon in real life, I should ask him why he dropped that girl with a right hook?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

You mean like, if I ever met Joe Mixon in real life, I should ask him why he dropped that girl with a right hook?

Or why he dropped that ball before crossing the goal line for the Sooners.

d3d1d400c42f8aa5770b55ee158b3620

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Because they need help at WR...?

Ok I'll spell it out. So-and-so has Sutton, Woods and Fuller. And Kamara and Drake. I trade them Evans for Drake. Helps us both.

I have CEH and Drake...and my WRs are A-Rob, Woods, and Fuller. It would take Adams or Hopkins for me to want to trade Drake for a WR. Having a reliable top RB is much harder to replace than finding WR production. It seems like once the season starts, very few owners are willing to part with their top tier RBs. Hold onto Drake and sleep well at night knowing you aren't worried about that RB slot...he will start having bigger games shortly. For now, I'm totally fine with the double digit floor games in hard matchups.

• Like 2

Just due to the fact that his leg didn't fall off in the middle of the game yesterday he's now a de facto top 10 RB so....yay?

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Just due to the fact that his leg didn't fall off in the middle of the game yesterday he's now a de facto top 10 RB so....yay?

That's certainly the direction it's heading at least.

2 hours ago, TTo34 said:

If you want to get dropped with a right hook, that is the perfect question to ask.  If you want to actually connect with the player in a face to face meeting, you could ask about his work in the community or his foundation etc.

If you can trade away Evans to get Drake, it is a great deal for you.  No competent fantasy manager would give up Drake for Evans, though.

• Like 1

The workload is what should be most encouraging here - prior to the season, if you said this Cards offense is looking good and Drake gets 20 touches a game, I think we'd all say he's an RB1. That's what his touch rate is trending at and his production is fine, let's just hope the TDs come a little more often!

• Like 1

Not trying to make this AC, just sharing if anyone's wondering about his trade value. I just gave up David Johnson and Mike Evans for Drake and Golladay (this may be more about Golladay's trade value, but still). All aboard!

2 minutes ago, young dude said:

Not trying to make this AC, just sharing if anyone's wondering about his trade value. I just gave up David Johnson and Mike Evans for Drake and Golladay (this may be more about Golladay's trade value, but still). All aboard!

Buy low/sell high thread is a better place for this

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, young dude said:

Fleeced that guy - big fan of this trade and what you got in return going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trilly said:

The workload is what should be most encouraging here - prior to the season, if you said this Cards offense is looking good and Drake gets 20 touches a game, I think we'd all say he's an RB1. That's what his touch rate is trending at and his production is fine, let's just hope the TDs come a little more often!

The problem is that Kyler Murray is a running qb which is keeping Drake's numbers in check.  Hopefully Drake starts to get more rushing touchdowns.

Agreed, that's what I'm hoping/banking on. Unlike Cam, who has the big body to be the main goal-line carrier for the Pats, Murray's been ripping off some of these longer TD runs but I'm hoping that will normalize a bit moving forward. And that he's got better matchups so he'll be putting up better yardage totals/breaking some big plays for scores.

What I do like is that he isn't splitting carries with Chase Edmonds at all right now.  Drake is the clear cut main back.

Edited by sjm76

84DF8398-D8E6-4E4F-8CF1-BCD17BD5C3DD.jpeg
Week 2 1st half usage. Edmonds seems to be playing a lot when the game is close. Drake dominated the second half. Full game 65/35 Drake 

Edited by affliction

10 minutes ago, affliction said:

84DF8398-D8E6-4E4F-8CF1-BCD17BD5C3DD.jpeg
Week 2 1st half usage. Edmonds seems to be playing a lot when the game is close. Drake dominated the second half. Full game 65/35 Drake 

Do we know how many times they were on the field at the same time? I've seen Edmonds and Drake back there and both flare out for a pitch or pass a few times over the weeks. 

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Do we know how many times they were on the field at the same time? I've seen Edmonds and Drake back there and both flare out for a pitch or pass a few times over the weeks. 

I couldnt find that info but rotowire has the alignments 

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=12667

i was able to land this guy for tyler lockett yesterday.. pretty happy bout that

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Incoming blow-up game. 

Book it

I need it drake and CEH let me down last week. But I’m ride or die with both. 

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

I need it drake and CEH let me down last week. But I’m ride or die with both. 

Same two I'm riding with.  Expecting a rebound. 

I was fully expecting mediocre performances week 1 and 2, so I’m perfectly fine with his production so far. This week vs. the Lions should be a smash spot though. Will be a little concerned if he doesn’t have a nice game here.