FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

Just now, kdpat15 said:

if he doesn't blow up against Carolina, all im saying is he isn't a RB1 which is most of us were hoping when drafting him this year in re-drafts. My expectations were much higher for being my first pick. Obviously you have to play him but the situation sucks.

Yeah, definitely agree with that. I avoided him in Snake but ended up with him in Salary Cap at a slight discount, but still effectively a RB1. He's not even close. I'm just glad he's still fit and involved though, which you can't say for some of the other guys. I just feel like I've flown incredibly quickly through the stages of grief and I'm already at "acceptance". 

• Like 2

I wouldn't be interested in acquiring him unless it was cheap and Edmonds came along. Either would go to the moon if the other was hurt. 

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

I wouldn't be interested in acquiring him unless it was cheap and Edmonds came along. Either would go to the moon if the other was hurt. 

You think Drake would benefit that much from Edmonds getting hurt? Edmonds obviously skyrockets in value if Drake goes down or is benched for ineffectiveness though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, definitely agree with that. I avoided him in Snake but ended up with him in Salary Cap at a slight discount, but still effectively a RB1. He's not even close. I'm just glad he's still fit and involved though, which you can't say for some of the other guys. I just feel like I've flown incredibly quickly through the stages of grief and I'm already at "acceptance". 

lol I need to get there! on your point about being fit, I would disagree with that. He is lacking something from the end of last season. He may be playing through an injury for all we know but he def has lost that burst and looks a little fatter lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdpat15 said:

lol I need to get there! on your point about being fit, I would disagree with that. He is lacking something from the end of last season. He may be playing through an injury for all we know but he def has lost that burst and looks a little fatter lol

Yeah seems like it. By fit I just meant actually out there and playing, which is more than a couple of first-rounders we know. Trying not to get too despondent. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1

If he does not turn it on soon, it will be too late to make a difference.

Dude needs to turn it on lol. For anyone wondering about his value, last week before week 3 I traded away David Johnson Darrell Henderson and John Brown for him (I stole him in another deal but anyway).

I haven't watched his games and I'm not worried about Murray or Edmonds in the long run. I would be concerned about declined explosiveness if that is true and persists.

42 minutes ago, young dude said:

Dude needs to turn it on lol. For anyone wondering about his value, last week before week 3 I traded away David Johnson Darrell Henderson and John Brown for him (I stole him in another deal but anyway).

I haven't watched his games and I'm not worried about Murray or Edmonds in the long run. I would be concerned about declined explosiveness if that is true and persists.

Maybe its that lingering injury he suffered during training camp? he did have to wear a boot for a bit

1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

Maybe its that lingering injury he suffered during training camp? he did have to wear a boot for a bit

I sure hope so myself. Again I've seen no tape of his games but that is the most reasonable explanation. Now the question becomes whether that's something that heals or if it's just gonna make him somewhat of a bust the entire season.

yeah doesn't seem to have that burst he had when he got traded and blew up for like 3 tds. that or murray and hopkins are just dominating. he did come into the season with nicks and bruises. and his bye isn't until week 8

People need to calm down. His YPC isn't all that bad and if these are his floor games, that's actually quite good. He's also been vultured by Murray a fair amount so far.

There's no way Murray continues to not check down, at least on occasion. He has 5 INTs already. They're doing to have him making some short, intermediate throws soon enough. The big plays will be there for Drake too, just gotta be patient.

• Like 1

Yeah he will ramp it up soon, I can't imagine his production stays this way. But hey, his worst weeks are 10pt weeks. There's dudes out there dropping nuggs

18 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Yeah he will ramp it up soon, I can't imagine his production stays this way. But hey, his worst weeks are 10pt weeks. There's dudes out there dropping nuggs

Main problem is he hasn’t looked good. I know in fantasy points are points but the last thing Drake owners need is Edmonds forcing more of a split. Although to be fair Edmonds hasn’t done much running either. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is the week, Dre and Kirk injured (Game Time Decision) against the Panthers. Panthers gave up 3 TDs to Josh Jacobs, 2 TDs to Fournette, 1 TD to Rojo, and 1 TD to Ekeler. 

20 carries for 95 yards, 2 TDs (1 rushing/1 receiving), 3 receptions 24 yards.

Kenyan Drake Cardinals GIF - KenyanDrake Cardinals Arizona GIFs

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

This is the week, Dre and Kirk injured (Game Time Decision) against the Panthers. Panthers gave up 3 TDs to Josh Jacobs, 2 TDs to Fournette, 1 TD to Rojo, and 1 TD to Ekeler. 

20 carries for 95 yards, 2 TDs (1 rushing/1 receiving), 3 receptions 24 yards.

Kenyan Drake Cardinals GIF - KenyanDrake Cardinals Arizona GIFs

• Like 4

Alright guys. I called last week as his blowup game. Missed. Double or nothing. It's time. Go get your 2021 contract Kenyan. Need that big 20+ pointer this week. LFG

We've now moved past "be patient" to "your RB might be a bust if...." territory.