FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, RafiBomb said:

Actually every analyst and pretty much anyone who has paid attention to the Cardinals has mentioned that the biggest difference between Kliff at TTU and in Arizona is his willingness to lean on the running game 

He did that at the end of last year because Drake was actually doing well, outside of tonight the running game has been awful. Im not saying he cant change, but his resume speaks otherwise

Who else was watching that 3rd down thinking damn, Drakes gonna finish with 95yds, no 💯 bonus, ah well at least he has 1 td, then poof, basically doubles his fantasy score in 1 play. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Magoo said:

He really doesn’t look dynamic in the least and Edmonds is not just his backup. no reason to sell but he really has very little upside esp with Kyler.

I completely disagree. I thought he looked great tonight. First time all season we’ve seen him with any room to operate. Isabella could hardly keep up with him on the 70 yard TD run. The speed is still there. 

Totally agree that this is a sell high moment due to his lack of involvement in the passing game, but to say he “doesn’t look dynamic in the least” is just flat out wrong. When he has space, he has looked like the same player from last year. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

He did that at the end of last year because Drake was actually doing well, outside of tonight the running game has been awful. Im not saying he cant change, but his resume speaks otherwise

Awful run-game or not, I would say that the whole point behind @RafiBomb's argument is that he is WILLING to run the ball. A willingness to run the ball and having an ineffective running game are two different things. Drake still received carries an average of 17 carries/game with the run game not working and 20 carries in a game where the run-game WAS working. Regardless, Kliff has shown that he is willing to establish the run game regardless on if it is successful or not unlike at Texas Tech. And if it's true that Coach Kingsbury mentioned to Drake to be a more north and south runner then I am sure that he will be a lot more successful than he has been at the beginning of the season.

Edited by dynastylicious

Hes gonna ride the hate train to 1200+ yds, 10tds and like 20/150 receiving and still get called a bust. He can very realistically get 220 ppr points and finish around RB12/13, which is generally where he was drafted.

The lack of passing game is obv disappointing, but he still avg 18 rushes/game and gets goaline work. He has more juicy matchups coming up

• Thanks 2

Well see what drake really is next week.....this is an outlier game---Gore and jets would run for 100+ yards against the cowboys

• Like 1

Before we get excited, let's remember this is the D where he padded his stats with a garbage time TD...basically the worst in modern NFL history

Edited by trilly

3 minutes ago, trilly said:

Before we get excited, let's remember this is the D where he padded his stats with a garbage time TD...basically the worst in modern NFL history

Before the garbage time TD he had 95 yards on 19 carries and a touchdown which is still pretty great. I agree this is a weak defense but it's nice to see him perform well against a defense he SHOULD perform well against. Can you imagine if he didn't perform well today?

Edited by dynastylicious
  • Thanks 1

He is still on my bench, not getting sucked into that fluke TD against a trash can defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

He does have Seattle next week, not Dallas but a good match up?

Seattle run defense is literally the only thing going for their defense and they get Adams back most likely along with a few other pieces. Sure Mattison and Cook did well but that is more of an outlier.

Gaskin - 10/40

Elliot - 14/34

Michel - 7/19

Gurley - 14/56

Drake will still get chances considering that the defense is bad as a unit so there should be a few GL chances but considering Murray is a GL vulture the matchup isn't as good as it may seem on paper. With his lack of usage in the pass game it can easily be another 5 point game. 

He was supposed to smash against DET, CAR, and NYJ too so 1/4 doesn't have me excited. He's far from what those who drafted him as a high RB2/low RB1 expected bc of a total lack of pass game involvement.

He's not dead and buried, but it's gonna take way more than this game to say he's performing inline with preseason expectations.

Edited by trilly
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Magoo said:

He really doesn’t look dynamic in the least and Edmonds is not just his backup. no reason to sell but he really has very little upside esp with Kyler.

I mean...his upside right now is 164 yards and 2 tds. That seems better than "very little".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yossarian said:

I mean...his upside right now is 164 yards and 2 tds. That seems better than "very little".

If he plays dallas every game

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

He showed his upside against dallas. It's pretty massive. That's all I'm saying. Don't pretend this is the first massive fantasy game he's ever had. I'm not saying he'll hit it often and he's underperformed this season no doubt but saying he has little upside is if ignoring some pretty big performances.

5 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Plenty of cupcake matchups coming for him. MIA, BUF, NYG, SEAx2

Any of those can easily be 100 yd Or 2td games

8 minutes ago, gregp said:

Plenty of cupcake matchups coming for him. MIA, BUF, NYG, SEAx2

Any of those can easily be 100 yd Or 2td games

Nyg is the maybe cupcake in there...

• Like 1

Did you watch Buffalo get flat-out steamrolled by CEH and the Chiefs backup linemen tonight?

• Like 2

The easy schedule, no argument there. Not sure why you're including SEA in there - they're 7th best in YPC and 4th best in rush yards allowed. I have to start him next week because of byes, but I'm expecting another 15 carry, 50 yard game - would love to be wrong.

51 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Yeah he definitely hits big games. More so then the big game the continued usage has to be the most encouraging thing here. The lack of recieving game work is frustrating here but 20 carries to Edmonds 5 is huge. Drake started kinda slow and I wondered if maybe this is where they go to Edmonds but Drake dominated the touches. I just don't think it's gonna happen any time really soon. They seem committed to Drake through his rough patches. Edmonds has really flashed this year when given the opportunity. Drake should at least be a safe RB2 for now. That must be comforting for owners wondering if it was all over lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

I completely disagree. I thought he looked great tonight. First time all season we’ve seen him with any room to operate. Isabella could hardly keep up with him on the 70 yard TD run. The speed is still there. 

Totally agree that this is a sell high moment due to his lack of involvement in the passing game, but to say he “doesn’t look dynamic in the least” is just flat out wrong. When he has space, he has looked like the same player from last year. 

Dallas can make anyone look dynamic.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:16 PM, TheBoondocks said:

He has an elite skillset and my season rests in his hands at this moment, so imma keep riding him till I'm mathematically out of playoff contention 

This aged well