FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

[....]  With the high volume hes going to return decent value. I just think with Murray and lack of pass opportunities will prevent him from being a rock solid RB1. Still looking good for now.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Seattle run defense is literally the only thing going for their defense and they get Adams back most likely along with a few other pieces. Sure Mattison and Cook did well but that is more of an outlier.

Gaskin - 10/40

Elliot - 14/34

Michel - 7/19

Gurley - 14/56

Drake will still get chances considering that the defense is bad as a unit so there should be a few GL chances but considering Murray is a GL vulture the matchup isn't as good as it may seem on paper. With his lack of usage in the pass game it can easily be another 5 point game. 

I trust your opinion has a seahawks homer, but I offer the followng: MIA was/is a mess with Gaskin, Brieda and Howard all spliting carries; Dallas got down big and had a number of injuries, forced to air it out;  Newton ran a bunch that game and Michel is a total dud anyways, but again, cycling in several runners; Gurley did get bottled up, but another game where they had to air it out - pretty sure Brian Hill factored alot into that game.

I do agree that Drake could have another 5 point game, but I see that more of game script rather than Seattle Defense.  Game script could also favor ARI is they connect on a few plays like last night in Dallas.  Do I trust it? absolutely not.  I'm just not convinced Seattle is a great D - I sort of see the opposite.  Totally happy to be proven wrong.

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did you watch Buffalo get flat-out steamrolled by CEH and the Chiefs backup linemen tonight?

I did, torrential rain, looked like everyone was covered in olive oil.  Complete anomaly game.

7 hours ago, gregp said:

Plenty of cupcake matchups coming for him. MIA, BUF, NYG, SEAx2

Any of those can easily be 100 yd Or 2td games

How is Seattle a cupcake game??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

I did, torrential rain, looked like everyone was covered in olive oil.  Complete anomaly game.

agreed although CEH looked to have more traction than some others I’m that game

i own no shares of Drake but have to admit he looked better last night.  Was it him? The line?  The cowboys putrid defense?  Maybe all.

19 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

Buffalo has struggled against the run for a while now, like going back to last season. 

Anyways, sometimes you have to have faith. For all of the hand-wringing Drake’s volume never went away and the coaching staff clearly still trusts him. I think we are looking at a poor man’s Derrick Henry ROS. Slightly less carries and definitely less TD upside (thanks Kyler), but ~20 touches a game with very little passing work. Most runs will go for 2-3 yards but we’ll see him break some big ones from time to time. Mid-to-high end RB2 ROS.

Edited by MingusDew

[...] good to see he is still the bellcow. Not too worry about the passing plays when he can hits the holes like he did. Keep it up Drake. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Don’t know why everyone says chase is better cause he’s really not, only in passing situations he is a bit better cause of his route running, he can’t block like drake....

people need to stop screaming for chase cause he isn’t a 3 down back 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

I trust your opinion has a seahawks homer, but I offer the followng: MIA was/is a mess with Gaskin, Brieda and Howard all spliting carries; Dallas got down big and had a number of injuries, forced to air it out;  Newton ran a bunch that game and Michel is a total dud anyways, but again, cycling in several runners; Gurley did get bottled up, but another game where they had to air it out - pretty sure Brian Hill factored alot into that game.

I do agree that Drake could have another 5 point game, but I see that more of game script rather than Seattle Defense.  Game script could also favor ARI is they connect on a few plays like last night in Dallas.  Do I trust it? absolutely not.  I'm just not convinced Seattle is a great D - I sort of see the opposite.  Totally happy to be proven wrong.

Two things:

1. The being forced to throw argument would work except the combined YPC of all those guys is 3 against the Seahawks. Their combined YPC against every other team is 4.6 YPC. Them being stuffed and performing near 2 yards worse has nothing to do with game script.

2. This version of Seattle is likely going to put up points quickly often. Teams are going to have to air it out often to keep up. So yes game script is a legitimate concern and likely won’t work in favor of most RBs that face Seattle.

Seattle isn’t a great D. It’s one of the worst in the league. However, they’re a very good run D for the reasons listed above. The matchup may look great on paper for Drake when in reality it’s more spotty than it seems. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Two things:

1. The being forced to throw argument would work except the combined YPC of all those guys is 3 against the Seahawks. Their combined YPC against every other team is 4.6 YPC. Them being stuffed and performing near 2 yards worse has nothing to do with game script.

2. This version of Seattle is likely going to put up points quickly often. Teams are going to have to air it out often to keep up. So yes game script is a legitimate concern and likely won’t work in favor of most RBs that face Seattle.

Seattle isn’t a great D. It’s one of the worst in the league. However, they’re a very good run D for the reasons listed above. The matchup may look great on paper for Drake when in reality it’s more spotty than it seems. 

I agree with all of this. So long as Russ is cooking every Seattle game is going to be a pass-happy barn burner. Arizona absolutely has the weapons to keep up and I don't expect much running from either team. Plus Seattle has a pretty good run defense as stated above.

I have faith in the Drake but this week could be ugly.

2 hours ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

MIA was/is a mess with Gaskin, Brieda and Howard all spliting carries

No it's Gaskin's backfield....Brieda and Howard only get the scraps

47 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

No it's Gaskin's backfield....Brieda and Howard only get the scraps

correct, but at the time not.  Not trying to disagree, just trying to dig deep on the YPC, but @Gohawks had some good stats to support the position that SEA has a good run D.

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

How is Seattle a cupcake game??

Cuz the game will be high scoring.

Same story with PHI. Maybe these teams have decent run D, but these games will have points. Very good chance he falls into the endzone and/or accumulates bunch of yds.

Ok, so maybe theres really only a couple 'cupcake' games, but theres still plenty of matchups left that we should feel more than comfortable about.

The guy is going to finish with very good numbers.

7 minutes ago, gregp said:

Cuz the game will be high scoring.

Same story with PHI. Maybe these teams have decent run D, but these games will have points. Very good chance he falls into the endzone and/or accumulates bunch of yds.

Ok, so maybe theres really only a couple 'cupcake' games, but theres still plenty of matchups left that we should feel more than comfortable about.

The guy is going to finish with very good numbers.

If it's high-scoring, that doesn't seem to bode well for Drake. That would seem to lead to more drop-backs for Murray, and Drake has barely been involved in the passing game. Hopefully he can find a couple of creases in each game and break a big one, but I don't think it'll be easy. 

I'm torn, I have was ready to sell high, but Matthew Berry suggested to sell high as well...

We usually do the opposite of what he says,.....

His schedule is ehhhhh tbf..... I still don't like edmonds either .....he's taking a lot of the passing down work, and Drake has brick hands.....

Edited by CABLE87
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I'm torn, I have was ready to sell high, but Matthew Berry suggested to sell high as well...

We usually do the opposite of what he says,.....

His schedule is ehhhhh tbf..... I still don't like edmonds either .....he's taking a lot of the passing down work, and Drake has brick hands.....

Keep him.  Almost every back has a complimentary-   but drake is the clear lead and the points are about to flow for Zona.   

• Like 2

Drake and golladay were sold for Julio and bell fwiw.

what if we’re all being head faked and drake was hampered by injury and now this is the new norm? Lmao

i own no Shares but find these threads entertaining 

He just had his best game of the season. Sell him if you got him

Arizona Cardinals Home: The official source of the latest Cardinals headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters and game day information

Mom Knows Best: Kenyan Drake Gets Hole-Some Advice

Running back coming off his best game of the season with north-south effort

Oct 21, 2020 at 01:20 PM

NewUrbanMug

Darren Urban

azcardinals.com

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Running back Kenyan Drake (41) points to a camera after scoring a touchdown in Dallas last weekend, as tight end Dan Arnold (85) comes over to congratulate him.

Photo by Arizona Cardinals
Running back Kenyan Drake (41) points to a camera after scoring a touchdown in Dallas last weekend, as tight end Dan Arnold (85) comes over to congratulate him.

Kenyan Drake hadn't talked to his Mom in almost a week, the running back still trying to clear his head following a subpar performance in a win over the Jets.

Then she called Drake right before the Monday night game against the Cowboys.

"Hey son," she said, "you going to hit some holes today?"

"I got you," Drake told his mother, and then he proceeded to do just that, showing out like the Drake that starred for the Cardinals late last season. He ripped off 164 yards rushing and two touchdowns in Dallas, looking much better than the guy who played in New York.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/mom-knows-best-kenyan-drake-gets-hole-some-advice

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Arizona Cardinals Home: The official source of the latest Cardinals headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters and game day information

Mom Knows Best: Kenyan Drake Gets Hole-Some Advice

Running back coming off his best game of the season with north-south effort

Oct 21, 2020 at 01:20 PM

NewUrbanMug

Darren Urban

azcardinals.com

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Photo by Arizona Cardinals

Kenyan Drake hadn't talked to his Mom in almost a week, the running back still trying to clear his head following a subpar performance in a win over the Jets.

Then she called Drake right before the Monday night game against the Cowboys.

"Hey son," she said, "you going to hit some holes today?"

"I got you," Drake told his mother, and then he proceeded to do just that, showing out like the Drake that starred for the Cardinals late last season. He ripped off 164 yards rushing and two touchdowns in Dallas, looking much better than the guy who played in New York.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/mom-knows-best-kenyan-drake-gets-hole-some-advice

i was guna post this lol the fact he acknowledges this and in a way fixed it (that garbage time run wouldnt have happened) makes me feel a lil warm an fuzzy about this week