FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

man f--- this guy

Did you not handcuff him with Edmonds? That was a must on draft day. If you did, you are golden. If not, do whatever you have to do to acquire Edmonds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope for a quick recovery Drake, hope he's able to get a decent contract next year.

All in all, I think this helps my team out. Have Edmonds, and feel like the passing work added on to even half of Drake's rushing touches should help my team out. 

Edited by Rosenburger

What is RW smoking? 1 week lol, this dude is donezoooooooooooo

Kenyan Drake will undergo an MRI on his injured ankle after X-rays Sunday night were negative. 

Drake was carted off in the fourth quarter of the Cardinals' loss to Seattle Sunday night. The Cards are on bye this week and take on the Dolphins in Week 9 so it's possible Drake will only miss a game or two, depending on the severity of the injury. Chase Edmonds will operate as the team's lead back if Drake misses time. Against Seattle Monday night, Edmonds had a dozen touches for 145 yards. He should be rostered in all formats. 

X-rays are negative. Which is good. It’s probably a high ankle sprain. Probably will be on the shelf for a few weeks. The bye timing will be helpful.

2 minutes ago, blazehound said:

X-rays are negative. Which is good. It’s probably a high ankle sprain. Probably will be on the shelf for a few weeks. The bye timing will be helpful.

Won't be able to play at all for a few weeks, will not be able to run the same for few months.

28 minutes ago, blazehound said:

X-rays wouldn’t reflect an Achilles tear. That is confirmed on MRI, which will tell the story here on Drake. 

The dude was crying.  He's a professional athlete and knows when the year is done.  He's not going to cry because he broke a bone and it hurts a bit.  These guys are warriors and they are as tough as they come.  MRI will confirm later this morning that he was the biggest non-injury first/second round bust.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

“Won't be able to play at all for a few weeks, will not be able to run the same for few months.”

What does your latter point mean? Apart from that smash spot vs Dallas a week ago, he’s struggled with ineffectiveness, right? And that was at 100%, if he’s even less effective once he does return, what are they going to do with him? Does this present an opportunity for this Jonathan Ward kid? He’s not built to bang up inside but he could likely help there some. His height to weight ratio certainly lends itself as a receiving ‘back. He might compliment Murray & Edmonds very nicely. I really need a ball carrier to fall out of the sky & onto my roster. :)

Edited by markrc99

Does anyone have a picture or video of the injury? Wierd play, makes you think of CMC who got hurt on a innocent looking play.

Edited by Foppatosakic

28 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Does anyone have a picture or video of the injury? Wierd play, makes you think of CMC who got hurt on a innocent looking play.

Agreed. Seemed like a fairly innocuous ISO play for a few yards.  

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Did you not handcuff him with Edmonds? That was a must on draft day. If you did, you are golden. If not, do whatever you have to do to acquire Edmonds.

I was shocked when the drake owner in our league didn't so i took edmonds and i gotta admit it was hard holding him all season but hey handcuffs work

1 hour ago, cad300 said:

Rosy update from RW. Only out a week maybe?

the same RW that said mckinnon was starting? They have rosy outlooks on everyone until that can't deny it anymore. Let's see what the MRIs say

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, devilfish said:

So Drake was carted off the field and cried and you guys think he will miss one week?😄

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but that doesn't really prove anything.  OBJ walked off on his own and he tore his ACL and is out for the year. 

Edited by Child_Please

I'll tell ya why the crying worries me. It could be that he feared it was a season ending injury, which looks like it wasn't. I think he was upset more knowing that his starting role is now in serious jeopardy even if he is to return after a few weeks. Sucks.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Haha 3

The only other situation I can remember where a player looked/acted like his season was done was about 4-5 years ago with a Gronk knee injury.  He did indeed come back.

Somebody mentioned OBJ up above; I remember him crying once when he lost a fight to the kicking net, so I'm not counting that.

• Haha 3

Should be getting news this afternoon but the fact we haven't heard anything along the lines of "Cardinals don't believe Drake's injury is serious" means it probably isn't good.

• Like 1

The way his teammates were comforting Drake was what got me.  Dude was in massive pain.  If it ain't a broken bone, it could have been a tendon or ligament that snapped.

7 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Should be getting news this afternoon but the fact we haven't heard anything along the lines of "Cardinals don't believe Drake's injury is serious" means it probably isn't good.

X-Rays were negatives but still waiting on the MRI, not sure what that means.