FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, AB84 said:

So it looks like he avoids IR and comes back earlier?

I don't think so.  The Cardinals are treating it as a high-ankle sprain, right?  Don't those usually take at least 4 weeks to recover from?

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Says the Chase Edmonds owner...

I have both but seriously hope this happens.  Drake has been garbage this year but for Dallas.  He simply looks lost with no vision behind the line and slow.  It truly is eerie how similar he looks to DJ last year.

Edited by gotamancrushontombrady
grammar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

I have both but seriously hope this happens.  Drake has been garbage this year but for Dallas.  He simply looks lost with no vision behind the line and slow.  It truly is eerie how similar he looks to DJ last year.

Also own both and disagree. Drake was starting to turn the corner before he got hurt imo, but yeah i see him out a similar amount of time to cmc so 6 weeks. Hurting playoff run of us coowners.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

We will see what happens when Chase is running on obvious rushing downs like AZ pigeonholed Drake into this year. Similar to how they did DJ last year.

If Chase succeeds it will be because they deploy him the same way they did Drake after the trade last year. 

They tried that last year before trading for Drake and Edmonds got hurt.

If they use Edmonds the way they used Drake he will face similar stacked boxes. 

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, AB84 said:

So it looks like he avoids IR and comes back earlier  is still out 4 weeks and takes up your bench spot?

Fixed that for you. Guy was in a walking boot for a couple weeks before the season started. He's looked just a little bit off and his backup has often been a bit more efficient with his touches. He finally seemed to be rounding in to form and now...this. I don't care how minor it is, high ankle sprains seem to be a base line of 3 weeks out and are often more. Things are not looking for the The Drake. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

We will see what happens when Chase is running on obvious rushing downs like AZ pigeonholed Drake into this year. Similar to how they did DJ last year.

If Chase succeeds it will be because they deploy him the same way they did Drake after the trade last year. 

If they use Edmonds the way they used Drake he will face similar stacked boxes. 

TBH I don't recall care who is the better runner, but this is currently a complete value drain.  If Edmonds can carve out more of a role, or if they change the offense because Drake is out to benefit Edmonds, it's all gravy for me.  I'm not sure Drake was starting to turn a corner; he looked good against Dallas FBS level defense, but how did he look against Seattle?  Awful, like we all expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait, Drake was bawling his eyes out like Alice in Wonderland and he may only be out a couple weeks?  You should have to spend four weeks out minimum for carrying on like that.  That's conduct unbecoming a man.

• Like 2

Still weird that they haven't put him on IR. Are they possibly waiting for more test or something to determine to do so?

6 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Still weird that they haven't put him on IR. Are they possibly waiting for more test or something to determine to do so?

They may not feel that it matters this week since they’re on bye.

They could just put him on IR next week and make the practice squad call up then.

17 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Wait, Drake was bawling his eyes out like Alice in Wonderland and he may only be out a couple weeks?  You should have to spend four weeks out minimum for carrying on like that.  That's conduct unbecoming a man.

He will, look at cmc this injury will last at least 4 weeks, but he is in a contract year so...

6 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

This injury is technically easier to recover from than a HAS. I think the reason they have not IRed him is that he could just miss one game after this bye week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

This injury is technically easier to recover from than a HAS. I think the reason they have not IRed him is that he could just miss one game after this bye week.

That would be great. Really think it'll be like 3 at the very least but still is weird . You'd think if he was gonna miss a bunch of weeks they would already put him on IR so they can get him back sooner vs later if they put him on IR after the bye

• Like 1

If this dude doesn't have an injury that is going to sideline him for 4+ weeks we need to have a serious conversation about his extreme reaction on the field and sideline. 

Edited by P@ckersFan

3 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

If this dude doesn't have an injury that is going to sideline him for 4+ weeks we need to have a serious conversation about his extreme reaction on the field and sideline. 

Maybe it was really painful in the moment lol? People need to chill on this.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Maybe it was really painful in the moment lol? People need to chill on this.

+1.  He was in pain and didn't know the severity of the injury.  He couldn't even walk.  For all he knew, his career could've been over.

There's nothing wrong with being emotional in that situation.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

That would be great. Really think it'll be like 3 at the very least but still is weird . You'd think if he was gonna miss a bunch of weeks they would already put him on IR so they can get him back sooner vs later if they put him on IR after the bye

My thoughts exactly. They’d IR him immediately so that he can come back sooner. Seeing as they haven’t done that yet, it points to the injury not being bad enough to put him on the IR.

20 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

+1.  He was in pain and didn't know the severity of the injury.  He couldn't even walk.  For all he knew, his career could've been over.

There's nothing wrong with being emotional in that situation.

Yeah but if this is just a mild ankle sprain that's a ridiculous reaction. Breaking/dislocating your ankle and spraining your ankle don't feel the same at all. It could be more severe than they're letting on, but I don't remember the last time I saw an athlete writhing and blubbering over an ankle sprain.  

Edited by P@ckersFan

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah but if this just a mild ankle sprain that's a ridiculous reaction to the pain associated with it. Breaking/dislocating your ankle and spraining your ankle don't feel the same at all. It could be more severe than they're letting on, but I don't remember the last time I saw an athlete writhing and blubbering over an ankle sprain.  

Could be mistaken, but isn't this like a ligament separation that they're just treating like a sprain for recovery purposes?

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah but if this just a mild ankle sprain that's a ridiculous reaction to the pain associated with it. Breaking/dislocating your ankle and spraining your ankle don't feel the same at all. 

He heard a pop and couldn't put any weight on it.  I doubt it's a mild ankle sprain, especially since he's expected to miss a few weeks after having an MRI.

Just now, wekko368 said:

He heard a pop and couldn't put any weight on it.  I doubt it's a mild ankle sprain, especially since he's expected to miss a few weeks after having an MRI.

That would make sense then. 

3 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Then again why not just throw him on IR ? There's no point in wasting the roster space. Look at the eagles with fulgham. You never know what you could end up getting with that extra roster guy

Keim said he will be out a couple of weeks.  That would explain the no IR designation.  Eno Benjamin has been inactive for game days so they can fill the RB slot without signing or calling up another running back.