FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

One thing I’m concerned about is the “David Johnson game” factor when Drake returns.  Remember last year when DJ was supposedly healthy, started, and played for like 5 min?  If Drake is supposed to be ready we may need to play him but it’s something to think about. 

27 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Then again why not just throw him on IR ? There's no point in wasting the roster space. Look at the eagles with fulgham. You never know what you could end up getting with that extra roster guy

Because it's not a HAS so they aren't certain he'll miss that much time even though they expect him to.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Because it's not a HAS so they aren't certain he'll miss that much time even though they expect him to.

Gotcha. Would anyone pick him up if he was dropped?

52 minutes ago, ZappB said:

One thing I’m concerned about is the “David Johnson game” factor when Drake returns.  Remember last year when DJ was supposedly healthy, started, and played for like 5 min?  If Drake is supposed to be ready we may need to play him but it’s something to think about. 

Try your best to wait till the following week. Trade now plan ahead

you only put on IR if he will be out more than 3 games.... if they aren't putting on IR, logic says he's not hurt that bad

2 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah but if this is just a mild ankle sprain that's a ridiculous reaction. Breaking/dislocating your ankle and spraining your ankle don't feel the same at all. It could be more severe than they're letting on, but I don't remember the last time I saw an athlete writhing and blubbering over an ankle sprain.  

lol what are you talking about doc? they definitely feel the same

10 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

you only put on IR if he will be out more than 3 games.... if they aren't putting on IR, logic says he's not hurt that bad

meh. not necessarily. IR this season can be a minimum of 3 weeks yet there's a bunch of instances where guys have been out for 3+ weeks and not gone on IR. 

5 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

In a heartbeat, especially if there's an IR spot.  It's slim pickings out there for RBs.  In my superflex league, I actually had some RB-deficient owners trying to acquire Drake from me.  

42 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Do not drop Kenyan Drake unless word comes out that he's being shut down for the season or unless you're in like an 8-teamer.

• Like 1

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Do not drop Kenyan Drake unless word comes out that he's being shut down for the season or unless you're in like an 8-teamer.

I didn't. I picked up this morning. The drafted owner cut him

• Like 2

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Seriously. When he's back he's going to continue to be a decent RB2/Flex play with blow-up potential every game thanks to heavy usage. It's not sexy but it's something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think the big concern here is why the Cards would need Drake when healthy, with the presence of the talented Chase Edmonds.

I guess Drake was the guy to run through the tackles. They needed someone who could do that. I don't know. Just trying to find some logic in any remaining value as a Drake owner.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Seriously. When he's back he's going to continue to be a decent RB2/Flex play with blow-up potential every game thanks to heavy usage. It's not sexy but it's something.

And if Edmonds balls out like he should because Eno is a JAG, and the ROS schedule is tasty, why do we expect Drake to get his job back? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A27K said:

And if Edmonds balls out like he should because Eno is a JAG, and the ROS schedule is tasty, why do we expect Drake to get his job back? 

Edmonds has been balling out already and Drake was still getting his 15-20 touches a game.

I really believe that Drake is the guy this year no matter what. I could be wrong obviously but his usage so far seems to suggest it.

Just now, MingusDew said:

Edmonds has been balling out already and Drake was still getting his 15-20 touches a game.

I really believe that Drake is the guy this year no matter what. I could be wrong obviously but his usage so far seems to suggest it.

I'm not going to pretend to know what is going to happen here... but Kliffy had no issues moving on from DJ last year so I don't think a changing of the guard is out of the realm of possibilities. 

7 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'm not going to pretend to know what is going to happen here... but Kliffy had no issues moving on from DJ last year so I don't think a changing of the guard is out of the realm of possibilities. 

Definitely factors into the calculus. I similarly have zero idea what's going to happen, just going with my gut at this point.

5 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

except he inherited DJ, but traded for Drake 🤷‍♂️

lotta loose ends here ... as someone with Edmonds (and not Drake) i definitely see Drake retaining relevance upon return. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

lotta loose ends here ... as someone with Edmonds (and not Drake) i definitely see Drake retaining relevance upon return. 

True... but if he had that much invested in Drake's success they might have given him more that a 1 year contract extension. I don't think Drake is going away but I do think he could find himself in the 1b role.

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

This. 

I do think Edmonds will do well but there's always a chance he doesn't or gets hurt too. A lot of possibilities. There's enough for both of them to eat also

2 hours ago, dropshadows said:

I think the big concern here is why the Cards would need Drake when healthy, with the presence of the talented Chase Edmonds.

I guess Drake was the guy to run through the tackles. They needed someone who could do that. I don't know. Just trying to find some logic in any remaining value as a Drake owner.

As annoying as owning Drake has been, he's currently 3rd in the league in rushing yards.

What's this guys value in a keeper? I can't put my finger on what I should be doing with him in a keeper league. Is he good? Is he just slumping? Is this just how they'll use him?

Less than 100pts in a PPR league, but like 5th in rushing yrds. Geez louise

15 minutes ago, 2014olympicgold said:

What's this guys value in a keeper? I can't put my finger on what I should be doing with him in a keeper league. Is he good? Is he just slumping? Is this just how they'll use him?

Less than 100pts in a PPR league, but like 5th in rushing yrds. Geez louise

3rd, with 512 yards.

4.3 per carry isn't bad, but it's meh.

He's doing worse in fantasy than real football, mainly because for whatever reason he's not catching passes and Murray is "vulturing" TDs.

So... who knows

Drake is noticably bigger and stronger than Edmonds and, when healthy, they were using Drake accordingly.  

And don't hit me with phony combine measurables.  I can see them both on my screen and I can tell there is a big difference between them.

Kliff seems to want Drake to he his primary early down, short yardage, and clock killing back.  Edmonds so far has been used as a passing, space, and hurry-up back.  Edmonds could probably do both in a pinch, at least for a few games, but I expect them to return to those respective roles when Drake returns.