FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Drake is noticably bigger and stronger than Edmonds and, when healthy, they were using Drake accordingly.  

And don't hit me with phony combine measurables.  I can see them both on my screen and I can tell there is a big difference between them.

Kliff seems to want Drake to he his primary early down, short yardage, and clock killing back.  Edmonds so far has been used as a passing, space, and hurry-up back.  Edmonds could probably do both in a pinch, at least for a few games, but I expect them to return to those respective roles when Drake returns.

Drake may have a more power running style but....

Drake 6-1 211 (Cards site) 10 reps of 225 at combine

Edmonds 5-9 210 (Cards site) 19 reps of 225 at combine

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

Drake will come back this season and be relegated to a few COP carries a game.........

Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Wonderful world of fantasy football

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

🤷‍♂️

So, years ago, Edmonds had a better day in the weight room than Drake.  And Drake has now been in NFL training programs for several years.

Any more crap you would like to hurl at this one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

As annoying as owning Drake has been, he's currently 3rd in the league in rushing yards.

I know thats probably padded a bit by the garbage-time 60-yard TD versus the Cowboys, but still, I don't think Drake was as bad as we were projecting. Getting 20 touches a game was THE upside for us. Makes this injury that much more brutal.

21 hours ago, AngryBeavers said:

Drake will come back this season and be relegated to a few COP carries a game.........

Username checks out from the Edmonds owner.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

🤷‍♂️

I too use the bench press to evaluate how strong a RUNNING back is.

12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

10 reps is honestly pretty poor for a RB, but Drake has benched 405 before while at Alabama (https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2015/07/a_look_at_alabamas_strongest_p.html) so I'd just consider it an off day or something. They're wildly prone to error but a 1-rep calculator shows about a strength equivalent of ~20-25 reps at 225 to have a 405 max, so I'd wager Drake was physically capable of 15+ even back then.

Edited by vercrazy

The horrible bench press rep performance has always made me respect Drake even more.  I can picture him being like "you want me to do WHAT now?", doing a few reps, and walking off.  It's like I would have reacted if my law firm made me play Donkey Kong at a job interview.  It just makes no sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

The horrible bench press rep performance has always made me respect Drake even more.  I can picture him being like "you want me to do WHAT now?", doing a few reps, and walking off.  It's like I would have reacted if my law firm made me play Donkey Kong at a job interview.  It just makes no sense.

Dat stiff arm though

35 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Nice side-step. I think it's pretty clear you could not have gotten past level 5 of Donkey Kong.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

It was one day, many years ago.  Like a physical snapshot.

Right now, in 2020, Drake is noticably bigger and bulkier than Edmonds.

Deal with it.

23 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

🤷‍♂️

Well, fwiw, Drake's combine was in 2016 and Edmunds's was in 2018 so if you think about it Chase could have been lifting or doing roids for two years longer than Kenyan.

Besides, aren't people as a whole getting taller, heavier, and stronger? I'm a lot bigger than my dad, and my son is twice my size at 15!

Wait, people are defending who's the more talented back in here? 

Drakes value was the fact that he had a big contract and was getting all of the touches. 

Drake scored 13 more points in standard, and 3 FEWER points in PPR? (estimating here.) 

That Dallas fluke touchdown was a blessing. Never forget that Miami let him go. You're damn right I own Edmonds. I drafted him and held him this long because I knew talent would win out. He had standalone value with Drake in the lineup....

You guys are on some copeium in here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RevisAteMyQB said:

Drakes value was the fact that he had a big contract and was getting all of the touches. 

Drake scored 13 more points in standard, and 3 FEWER points in PPR? (estimating here.) 

That Dallas fluke touchdown was a blessing. Never forget that Miami let him go. You're damn right I own Edmonds. I drafted him and held him this long because I knew talent would win out. He had standalone value with Drake in the lineup....

Yet you are in the Drake thread. 

Edmonds couldn't handle the workhorse load last year, it's why they traded for Drake in the 1st place.

Good luck in Edmonds spot start while Drake heals up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Edmonds couldn't handle the workhorse load last year, it's why they traded for Drake in the 1st place.

Edmonds has outplayed and outscored Drake without workhorse load. He doesn't need 30 touches. He needs 15. 

If your arguing which back can handle the bulk of work-- and one of the backs is injured...i'll take the other one.

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Edmonds got hurt in the 1st game he got the chance to be a feature back. Read into that what you will. But saying he couldn’t handle it is a little misleading.

39 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

^^This^^

1 hour ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

^^This^^

To the Drake truthers, 

If u think Drake has more value than Edmonds ur delusional (especially in PPR leagues) and masking ur own misfortune of drafting a guy in the top of the 2nd round who wasn’t worth that high of a price, let’s just be real with ourselves and put our pride to the side, it is what it is. Drake a high 2nd rd pick to Edmonds who was usually drafted in the 14th-15th rd in my 12team leagues and Drake has only 1.3 more points in full PPR, should be nothing more to discuss here. Not sure of snap %’s but I’m pretty sure Drake has been on the field a whole lot more and has many more touches then Chase has had. Proofs in the pudding. What’s so hard to understand?

Edited by Tomei7

54 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Edmonds has outplayed and outscored Drake without workhorse load. He doesn't need 30 touches. He needs 15. 

Is this really a fair statement?  The touches that Drake/Edmonds have been getting are extremely different. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

and Drake has only 1.3 more points in full PPR, should be nothing more to discuss here. Not sure of snap %’s but I’m pretty sure Drake has been on the field a whole lot more and has many more touches then Chase has had. Proofs in the pudding.

Context matters.  The Cardinals inexplicably aren't passing to Drake so of course his numbers will be depressed in a PPR league.  Now add in a TD vulturing QB. 

It'll be interesting to see how Edmonds performs in his early down carries.

On 10/30/2020 at 3:35 PM, AngryBeavers said:

He coming back as legarette Blount 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Why would the Cards trade for Drake and sign him to a contract if they could easily have handed the reigns over to Edmonds?   

3 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

Why would the Cards trade for Drake and sign him to a contract if they could easily have handed the reigns over to Edmonds?   

If they thought Drake was the solution, they would have given him more than a 1 year contract, right?  Even the Cards know that Drake is nothing special

I'm not saying Drake is anything special or the Cards feel he is, but none of the moves over the last 12 months is a ringing endorsement of Edmonds.    Drake started the year as the starter, Edmonds the CoP...why?