FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I can see that path to success but I personally don't think it's the best one given they are still in rebuild mode and you are going to see more vets let go as they bring in more younger guys. I think it's a waste for Dhops talent and a waste of caps space in 2021 because AZ is not in a win now scenario.  They are still a team with a 2nd yr QB and HC and it takes a couple of years to build a solid 0iline and defensive unit.  personally I like how the Colts have been quietly rebuilding with no major signings but they have been getting better as a football team going the slow grow route.

Steve Keim as a GM  in AZ to me focuses too much on the sizzle and not the steak. 

But doesn’t bringing in a player like Hopkins make Arizona a more desirable landing spot for those players who would potentially contribute to the re-build?

Just now, BMcP said:

But doesn’t bringing in a player like Hopkins make Arizona a more desirable landing spot for those players who would potentially contribute to the re-build?

I agree In theory it should but when i look at the last 5 years the moves Keim made he didnt do much to bring in talent with Larry Fitz there. it was always one disaster followed by another. 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I agree In theory it should but when i look at the last 5 years the moves Keim made he didnt do much to bring in talent with Larry Fitz there. it was always one disaster followed by another. 

Can’t argue with this at all.

37 minutes ago, BMcP said:

A RB approaching 30 who hasn’t been able to stay on the field for years and hasn’t even attained 4 ypc in ages running behind a terrible line with no WR corps?

I’m going to have to go with Drake on this one.

Not disagreeing with any of that BMcP. But, you gotta wonder if the change in scenery might rejuvenate DJ...no?  

20 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Not disagreeing with any of that BMcP. But, you gotta wonder if the change in scenery might rejuvenate DJ...no?  

it def could.  Hyde ran for 1000 out of nowhere on Houston.   And I’d expect DJ gets the workhorse role with Duke COP.   

2 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Where do we rank Drake now assuming he stays with AZ?

Top 10

36 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Definitely - probably ends up being a great value in drafts now.  But I think Drake now needs to be treated as a surefire RB1.

5 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Where do we rank Drake now assuming he stays with AZ?

based on the trade and the fact the defense still sucks, he would be a Top 8-12  in PPR and we will see chase heavy in the rotation

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, dashoe said:

based on the trade and the fact the defense still sucks, he would be a Top 8-12  in PPR and we will see chase heavy in the rotation

You mean the guy who played all of 15 snaps ROS after Drake arrived?!  Why is he going to be heavily featured in a “rotation” with a top-5-paid starter?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You mean the guy who played all of 15 snaps ROS after Drake arrived?!  Why is he going to be heavily featured in a “rotation” with a top-5-paid starter?

No I mean the guy who did well in a rotation when he was healthy and should be healthy getting a solid share of touches in the rotation. i'm not sure why you believe Drake is going to have the volume of a Saquon, zeke CMC or Bell. Based off of the way we saw this offense run over the course of 1 season  with a sieve of a defense I think there will be plenty of touches between 2 rb's. 

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No I mean the guy who did well in a rotation when he was healthy and should be healthy getting a solid share of touches in the rotation. i'm not sure why you believe Drake is going to have the volume of a Saquon, zeke CMC or Bell. Based off of the way we saw this offense run over the course of 1 season  with a sieve of a defense I think there will be plenty of touches between 2 rb's. 

I think he might be referencing how Drake was a total workhorse for ARI after he got traded there. Edmonds had like 15 total touches after Drake made it to AZ, DJ was almost invisible. Drake was a workhorse back and provided fantasy points to back it up.

AZ offense is getting better and to say this is a timeshare backfield is disingenuous. Drake is gonna get close to 10 million for this season. Kingsbury didn't run a timeshare RB offense when Drake was traded midseason, I doubt they traded DJ and transition tagged Drake so he could split carries with Drake but stranger things have happened.

Edmonds, to me, appears to be a breather back. When Drake needs a breather, Edmonds will take some snaps.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He would be a RB1.

Probably top 5 RB in PPR, he had 28 catches in 8 games with AZ after a mid season trade. That's over 3 catches per game. If he goes into the season as the starter and plays 16 games he will have over 50 receptions. 

He rushed for 5.2 ypc (wow) during his time with AZ. That was on 123 rushes. If he goes into the season as the starter, familiarity with the offense, staying healthy for 16 games I'd even bump the ypc up some but for a baseline let's take 5.2ypc times 250 rushes over 16 games that equals 1,300 yards.

He avg 6 yards per receptions but I honestly think he can do better than that with a full off season with the Cardinals but we can use 6 yards per receptions times 50 receptions so 300 receiving yards.  He had 8 TDs in 8 games last season so that would put his TD total somewhere near 16 rushing TDs. 

Drake getting familiar with the offense and a full offseason I imagine he will get some receiving TDs.

1,600 all purpose yards with anywhere from 12-18 total TDs. 10 rushing 4 receiving something like that.

Pretty sure that's a top 5 RB.

This prediction looking even better now that DJ has been traded.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think he might be referencing how Drake was a total workhorse for ARI after he got traded there. Edmonds had like 15 total touches after Drake made it to AZ, DJ was almost invisible. Drake was a workhorse back and provided fantasy points to back it up.

AZ offense is getting better and to say this is a timeshare backfield is disingenuous. Drake is gonna get close to 10 million for this season. Kingsbury didn't run a timeshare RB offense when Drake was traded midseason, I doubt they traded DJ and transition tagged Drake so he could split carries with Drake but stranger things have happened.

Edmonds, to me, appears to be a breather back. When Drake needs a breather, Edmonds will take some snaps.

He had one.  But apart from that, agreed in full.

BUY BUY BUY where and if you can in keeper or dynasty leagues. The small sample is worth the risk this year and Nuk is going to make sure that box isn't loaded.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Would you be comfortable with Drake as your RB1?

I would not.  But as a 2-  

GOLD, JERRY!!!

13 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Would you be comfortable with Drake as your RB1?

He's basically never going to see stacked boxes with those WR so I wouldn't be upset with Drake as my RB1 if I went very WR heavy early.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

He's basically never going to see stacked boxes with those WR so I wouldn't be upset with Drake as my RB1 if I went very WR heavy early.

Unfortunately hes gonna go in the top 15 picks imo and rightfully so. I think if he stays healthy he is a sure fire rb1, but same thing can be said for dj in 2018/2019. However, drake fit the system like a glove and looked explosive last year. Volume should be there and hes gonna get minimum 50 catches. Can he retain this high level of play or will he turn into lamar miller, perfect situation and busted. Interested to see how chase is used in preseason.

Edited by nmartinez12443

35 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Unfortunately hes gonna go in the top 15 picks imo and rightfully so. I think if he stays healthy he is a sure fire rb1, but same thing can be said for dj in 2018/2019. However, drake fit the system like a glove and looked explosive last year. Volume should be there and hes gonna get minimum 50 catches. Can he retain this high level of play or will he turn into lamar miller, perfect situation and busted. Interested to see how chase is used in preseason.

Lamar never really saw the uptick in targets - or carries - that many expected.  I think Drake is a lock for RB1 production if healthy in that system that spreads out defenses and targets the RB frequently.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

I would not.  But as a 2-  

GOLD, JERRY!!!

What's the argument against?

He has never done it for a full 16 games?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Get the Henney and the Cokes, because Drake is about to drop 300 points this year. 

I hope so .. I have Mcafferey, Drake, and Henderson in a keeper and I can potentially keep them all