Rotoworld.com Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Just stay down Rocky.

Whoever drafted Drake should have Edmonds, and Edmonds has been better. Let him run with it. 

Wrong thread ;) There's enough meat for both to eat. When a teams this good moving the ball down field it leaves plenty of opportunities for multiple backs. 

3 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Wrong thread ;) There's enough meat for both to eat. When a teams this good moving the ball down field it leaves plenty of opportunities for multiple backs. 

Yet has been very bad thus far for Drake, both fantasy stats wise and eye test.

Edmonds has done much more with the limited touches, let him run with it. If he fails, let Drake come back and run for 80 yards with no catches and 3 goalline TD's run in or thrown by Murray

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Was waiting all year for Maxx Williams to come back to provide a big boost in the blocking department. He returns this week to help Edmonds 🥺

I have Drake too, so I'm in this pain cave with the rest of you. But when you're counting on a blocking TE to be a big boost...things have definitely not gone according to plan.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, trilly said:

I have Drake too, so I'm in this pain cave with the rest of you. But when you're counting on a blocking TE to be a big boost...things have definitely not gone according to plan.

Nobody is going to argue with that. But to be clear, I think his impact is significant. He graded out as the #1 blocking TE in the league last year, and the Cardinals haven’t been able to open up any holes on the edges. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, trilly said:

George kittle and gronk would like a word. Blocking tight ends can mean a world 9f difference for a run game. 

• Like 2

Any chance Drake comes back Week 10 against Buffalo?

Edmonds looked pretty bad running in between the tackles. It's honestly what I expected. He has a had a few big runs this year from empty boxes with opposing defenses playing the pass and everyone was ready to anoint him an RB1 with Drake out. It's a joke.

Drake hasn't been anything special either, but to me, he possess far more upside than Edmonds when healthy.

Any shot he plays this coming week?

31 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Edmonds ishing the bed yesterday was a good result for Drake owners. He’s clearly not a lead back. I expect Drake to go back to normal usage upon his return. 

Drake going back to normal isn't exactly a good thing either. This is simply the year of Kyler. He's going to score 50 Tds. Outside of Hopkins, everyone else is just there to facilitate that dream. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Drake going back to normal isn't exactly a good thing either. This is simply the year of Kyler. He's going to score 50 Tds. Outside of Hopkins, everyone else is just there to facilitate that dream. 

Even Hopkins kind of just chilled yesterday. I don't know that yesterday showed that Edmonds can't be a lead back... if anything it suggested that the lead back in ARI is only there to be a threat to run for 1-4 yards up the gut, so that Kyler has the lanes to get his big-chunk gains. And he'll also be taking most of the short-yardage TD's too.

As others have said, Kyler takes nearly all the upside from the rbs here.  He's getting basically all the rushing tds and that offensive line can't run block at all.  Kirk, Hopkins, and Murray are the fantasy pieces to have here with Drake and Edmonds being the secondary pieces

As many have suggested, this isn't really a "which back is better than the other" issue. The RB1 in this offense is simply schemed to be a downhill, run-him-into-the-pile tool. The COP back will get passing work and all of the high-value run plays will go to Kyler.

It sucks as I still think that both Drake and Edmonds are good players. At least yesterday's game makes it less likely that Drake's touches will go down once he returns.

1 hour ago, blazehound said:

Edmonds ishing the bed yesterday was a good result for Drake owners. He’s clearly not a lead back. I expect Drake to go back to normal usage upon his return. 

So, 50-75 yards, .25 td/per game.  Meaning RB 2/3 unless and until Kyler gets popped and stops running - which probably won't happen based on his elusiveness.  Bust, and it's too bad because he might not actually be a poor skill player.

You have to give the Dolphins some credit here, too. 

One thing I never thought I'd hear is the announcers saying that the Cardinals are missing Drake and his ability to run through the tackles, when trying to convert a 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1. 

I'll take any sigh of relief I can get.