Rotoworld.com Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

People are hating on Drake but his OF Line doesnt make holes on running downs and they march him out on first down and run him down the gut. Then on passing downs bring out Edmonds who they run a draw play for yet you wonder why Edmonds gets more ypc. You need to make the D guess more often and when they do Drake will start to rake. We saw a little bit when they actually passed to him. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid game.

Rushing stats were meh but looked actually good on a couple runs. Arizona never came in to the flow of the game to create holes for a running game. Seattle contained even Murray so the game plan was short throws underneath. Important: Drake got here some and looked nice with his YAC.

But Edmonds caps his receiving ceiling.  

Solid RB2 ROS 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

First real time watching him and Arizona. I gotta say I really hate Edmonds existence lol. From what I can tell drake and Edmonds are both pretty equal in the passing game, but drake is just bigger. Since they don’t do much 2RB sets I really don’t understand the point of giving them both equal usage.

This offense does not run through him and he’s only getting 50% of the workload and we should consider ourselves blessed he got the goal line work bc Arizona does typically use their rb’s near the end zone?? 

the strange thing in my opinion is drake looks like a workload back that gets in rhythm the longer he’s in the game. But KK is determined to make sure he never gets in rhythm. 

I’ve watched a few games.  Even though his production was not great last night, there were things to be encouraged by. The passing game usage is the biggest. His running efficiency was poor but honestly Seattle’s defense looked better than their reputation coming in.  They defended the Arizona offense better than anyone has this season. At New England may be a tough matchup next week but the rest of the schedule looks pretty good, with 3 home games and a trip to NYG.  If Drake gets continued usage in the passing game and his usual 15+ carries going forward, he will be a safe start. Cannot rely on that TD every week though.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

I’ve watched a few games.  Even though his production was not great last night, there were things to be encouraged by. The passing game usage is the biggest. His running efficiency was poor but honestly Seattle’s defense looked better than their reputation coming in.  They defended the Arizona offense better than anyone has this season. At New England may be a tough matchup next week but the rest of the schedule looks pretty good, with 3 home games and a trip to NYG.  If Drake gets continued usage in the passing game and his usual 15+ carries going forward, he will be a safe start. Cannot rely on that TD every week though.

Getting Jamal Adams back really changed the DEF.

57 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Getting Jamal Adams back really changed the DEF.

I know Carlos Dunlop II played, and I think Snacks Harrison might have been in there, too.  Seattle's D played decently.

As for Drake, he looked fine in his few opportunities.  That TD was a really nice effort.  Edmonds was a COP, as many predicted.

• 2 weeks later...