FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Classic risk vs upside scenario here. This is gonna be an explosive offense, and Drake has proven competent in the passing game so something like 1500 (total) and 15 doesn't seem out of the question. The flip side of that is he's never seen more than 170 carries (college or pro). My guess is he'll be going at the tail end of the first round come draft time. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Classic risk vs upside scenario here. This is gonna be an explosive offense, and Drake has proven competent in the passing game so something like 1500 (total) and 15 doesn't seem out of the question. The flip side of that is he's never seen more than 170 carries (college or pro). My guess is he'll be going at the tail end of the first round come draft time. 

Feels like a trap.   No one will be more hyped than Drake.   Think Alex Collins- Baltimore...Mckinnon to Niners...Damien Williams last season....  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Feels like a trap.   No one will be more hyped than Drake.   Think Alex Collins- Baltimore...Mckinnon to Niners...Damien Williams last season....  

 

Alex Collins the UDFA who fumbled his way right out of football. 

McKinnon, the has been that never was

And Damien Williams who is more fragile than an egg shell.

 

Not exactly comparable to Drake.

 

I don't think Drake has missed a game in his career. Im pretty sure I asked you on the last page but just to be sure. What reason are you thinking as to why he will be overhyped?

 

I can think of a number of RBs who will be overhyped compared to Drake.

 

Is there something you don't like about Drake receiving between 250-280 total touches on a dangerous Cardinals offense as the starting RB?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Alex Collins the UDFA who fumbled his way right out of football. 

McKinnon, the has been that never was

And Damien Williams who is more fragile than an egg shell.

 

Not exactly comparable to Drake.

 

I don't think Drake has missed a game in his career. Im pretty sure I asked you on the last page but just to be sure. What reason are you thinking as to why he will be overhyped?

 

I can think of a number of RBs who will be overhyped compared to Drake.

 

Is there something you don't like about Drake receiving between 250-280 total touches on a dangerous Cardinals offense as the starting RB?

 

 


I could make up some BS and dig up stats to support it if u wish 😃 

 

but mostly it just feels like a trap.   Also bare in mind I’ve been couped up for too long hiding from the zombie virus 🧟‍♂️.  Judgement could be compromised.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't think Drake has missed a game in his career. Im pretty sure I asked you on the last page but just to be sure. What reason are you thinking as to why he will be overhyped?

 

I can think of a number of RBs who will be overhyped compared to Drake.

 

Is there something you don't like about Drake receiving between 250-280 total touches on a dangerous Cardinals offense as the starting RB?

 

 


I don’t think drake has missed a game in his pro career but I vaguely remember some reasoning he didn’t get more playing time in Miami was because he was getting Ticky tack injuries and that fool Adam gase would monitor his workload and even then he still produced RB2 numbers. 
 

love drake this year. I think he is closer to dalvin cook than Jerrick McKinnon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Would you rather use a late 2nd round pick on Kenyan Drake or Travis Kelce in a PPR league?

 

Good question. Kelce is obviously elite but Drake has a chance to be a top 5-10 RB.

 

I'd probably take Drake and see if I could get Mark Andrews or Austin Hooper a little later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Good question. Kelce is obviously elite but Drake has a chance to be a top 5-10 RB.

 

I'd probably take Drake and see if I could get Mark Andrews or Austin Hooper a little later.

Kelce will probably be drafted in the top 12 as he should. WRs are deep and he is basically a WR 1 in a TE position. 

1. CMC  2. Saquon   3. Zeke   4. Kamara   5. Cook (I wouldn't want him personally)   6. Thomas  7. Adams (I think this is the lock for the top 7). IMO you are at a HUGE disadvantage if you don't have a top 5 pick to secure a safe rb (though cook is injury prone, so handcuff for sure). 

 

The rest are talented players :Tyreek/Julio/Godwin    Rbs with question marks-Mixon, Henry, Jones, Fournette

Drake is another story preseason and the draft will tell us some things he will probably be around the end of the 2nd in full ppr leagues maybe earlier, but he will probably be after al of these dudes, possibly before Jones. Draft will provide a lot of insight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals re-signed RB Kenyan Drake to a one-year, $8.483 million contract. 

Drake is no longer eligible to sign an offer sheet with another team. Drake was believed to be gunning for as much as $10 million annually on a multi-year deal, but the reality is, $8.5 million for one season is a great outcome for a running back in 2020. With David Johnson unloaded to the Texans — in exchange for DeAndre Hopkins, lol — Drake's 2019 stranglehold on lead-back duties will carry over to the new year. Running in a high-octane, well-designed rushing attack, three-down talent Drake will definitely be in the RB1 mix.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not quite sure how to interpret all of these so-called "efficiency metrics", but based on this Drake ranks as the #1 RB (based on a minimum of 50 carries) from 2019: https://www.rotoworld.com/article/beyond-box-score/2019-rushing-efficiency-rankings

Honestly, I think Drake finally has the opportunity to achieve great things on a team that will utilize his strengths, and should have a very potent offense this season. Assuming he's relied on as a feature back, I'm all in!

 

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I'm not quite sure how to interpret all of these so-called "efficiency metrics", but based on this Drake ranks as the #1 RB (based on a minimum of 50 carries) from 2019: https://www.rotoworld.com/article/beyond-box-score/2019-rushing-efficiency-rankings

Honestly, I think Drake finally has the opportunity to achieve great things on a team that will utilize his strengths, and should have a very potent offense this season. Assuming he's relied on as a feature back, I'm all in!

 

Ditto - definitely top-5 potential in full PPR.  And might still be had for a discount if some fear a RBBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BMcP said:

Ditto - definitely top-5 potential in full PPR.  And might still be had for a discount if some fear a RBBC.

I would be shocked to see Drake taken outside of the top 30. Someone is going to buy into the hype and I suspect 18-25 is going to be where he is taken. Especially by teams taking a top flight back and then hitting wr, with hopes of Drake becoming this years Cook around that ADP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I would be shocked to see Drake taken outside of the top 30. Someone is going to buy into the hype and I suspect 18-25 is going to be where he is taken. Especially by teams taking a top flight back and then hitting wr, with hopes of Drake becoming this years Cook around that ADP.

I’m somewhat following you - but it sounds like you’re expecting him to be available as a third pick.  I don’t see that happening at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’m somewhat following you - but it sounds like you’re expecting him to be available as a third pick.  I don’t see that happening at all.


He’ll go closer to first turn I suspect.   No decent league should have him available in the third. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


He’ll go closer to first turn I suspect.   No decent league should have him available in the third. 

Right - I see him as a late first-rounder actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


He’ll go closer to first turn I suspect.   No decent league should have him available in the third. 

 

No league that I am playing in that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Right - I see him as a late first-rounder actually.

 

So a top 10 pick in a 10 man league?

 

Sounds about right to me. Honestly I'd rather have Drake than Kamara. He is going to get a heavier workload.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Right - I see him as a late first-rounder actually.

 

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

No league that I am playing in that's for sure.

 

2 of Drake/Kamara/Mixon/Chubb at the turn seems like a potential strategy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

 

 

2 of Drake/Kamara/Mixon/Chubb at the turn seems like a potential strategy 

If Kamara is available at the turn, he’s a must-draft.  Yes, I agree with this strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

 

 

2 of Drake/Kamara/Mixon/Chubb at the turn seems like a potential strategy 

 

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

If Kamara is available at the turn, he’s a must-draft.  Yes, I agree with this strategy.

 

So we all agree

 

1254172884282.jpg_1254173845.cf.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People who take drake in the 1st or early 2nd round are going to finish, where they should. The toilet bowl. Although, different positions this has Odell written all over it for hype. Good luck to those in redrafts. In keeper and dynasty as I've said before, go get him. Redraft I can't see it that early. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

People who take drake in the 1st or early 2nd round are going to finish, where they should. The toilet bowl. Although, different positions this has Odell written all over it for hype. Good luck to those in redrafts. In keeper and dynasty as I've said before, go get him. Redraft I can't see it that early. 

 

Would you care to elaborate on this a little bit?

 

If you take Drake's career averages and extrapolate them to a full season with Arizona it comes out to a top 5 RB finish in PPR. 

 

So, just to see if I understand correctly, you have no statistical data to back up the fact that Drake's owners will finish in the toilet bowl for drafting him in the first round it's just kind of an eery feeling you are getting about how Drake's hype is matching that of Odells last year and you think that is why Drake won't live up to a 1st round ADP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Would you care to elaborate on this a little bit?

 

If you take Drake's career averages and extrapolate them to a full season with Arizona it comes out to a top 5 RB finish in PPR. 

 

So, just to see if I understand correctly, you have no statistical data to back up the fact that Drake's owners will finish in the toilet bowl for drafting him in the first round it's just kind of an eery feeling you are getting about how Drake's hype is matching that of Odells last year and you think that is why Drake won't live up to a 1st round ADP?

They’re not even playing the same position - move along here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Would you care to elaborate on this a little bit?

 

If you take Drake's career averages and extrapolate them to a full season with Arizona it comes out to a top 5 RB finish in PPR. 

 

So, just to see if I understand correctly, you have no statistical data to back up the fact that Drake's owners will finish in the toilet bowl for drafting him in the first round it's just kind of an eery feeling you are getting about how Drake's hype is matching that of Odells last year and you think that is why Drake won't live up to a 1st round ADP?

That is taking his career averages and hoping he can last a full season. He hasn't done it enough to make myself say 1st round or early 2nd. The back end I would take the risk, because I've most likely grabbed a rb. I still believe Chase Edmonds will get a decent amount of time as well. I would still take Mixon, Chubb and a few others before Drake. Also, April is going to paint a picture a lot better with the draft. 

2 rb sets with 3 wrs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dontclapGonorrhea said:

That is taking his career averages and hoping he can last a full season. He hasn't done it enough to make myself say 1st round or early 2nd. The back end I would take the risk, because I've most likely grabbed a rb. I still believe Chase Edmonds will get a decent amount of time as well. I would still take Mixon, Chubb and a few others before Drake. Also, April is going to paint a picture a lot better with the draft. 

2 rb sets with 3 wrs. 

Cool.  You won’t draft him then.  Don’t even worry yourself on that score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.