FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 3/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, BMcP said:

Less than $2M is “huge”?!

8.4 to over 12 is huge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

8.4 to over 12 is huge

I agree.  Only it isn’t factually true that a franchised RB will earn over $12M this season 

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those concerned about Drake, what is it specifically? Is it just that he's never handled a full workload? Don't get me wrong it's a fair argument, but if you look at his career YPC and receiving ability, you increase his touches, then factor in he's on a MUCH better offense, and it's easy to see why many are intrigued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

For those concerned about Drake, what is it specifically? Is it just that he's never handled a full workload? Don't get me wrong it's a fair argument, but if you look at his career YPC and receiving ability, you increase his touches, then factor in he's on a MUCH better offense, and it's easy to see why many are intrigued. 

 

That honestly is my only concern. But, if that happens and he stays healthy I think top 10 RB is easily within his reach. And maybe even top 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hype on this guy is already out of control
 

 

image.jpeg.fd67ddf7e31038c13d7e2eb3263719aa.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BMcP said:

I agree.  Only it isn’t factually true that a franchised RB will earn over $12M this season 


franchise tag for rbs in 2020 is 12.4M.  Are you seeing otherwise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

The hype on this guy is already out of control
 

 

image.jpeg.fd67ddf7e31038c13d7e2eb3263719aa.jpeg

 


starting to agree. He was awesome in Arizona but I believe it was only 4 games wasn’t it? Could be this years Damien Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:


starting to agree. He was awesome in Arizona but I believe it was only 4 games wasn’t it? Could be this years Damien Williams.

 

He played 8 games with Arizona and averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

 

He had more receiving yards than Joe Mixon last season. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Expound please


Drake as a season long rb1 is something we’ve never seen.    Just like DW,  Alex Collins,  Montee Ball, Jerrick Mckinnon, and countless others before them.  A lot of rbs can string together a quarter or even half season of heavy work— especially when they get the nod later in the year.   D legs start to fatigue...the weather is colder...running games ramp up.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Nope.  It’s on the internet therefore must be true 

Don’t ever forget it! ☝🏻👍🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The averages off of 8 games

15.375 carries a game

4.375 targets a game

19.75 potential touches a game.

316 potential touches for the year

Can Kenyan Drake take that workload is my concern. Does someonedraft him until the wheels come off as they did for Cook and Kamara this year? Both produced, but also missed time. It is always about just getting to the playoffs, but his adp is now 18. For me it is about just getting to the playoffs and letting Jesus take the wheel at that point. I wouldn't draft drake in the 2nd round. I would keep him in keeper leagues and obviously dynasty he is kept. Im concerned that he becomes this years Damien Williams. The Cards have a chance to build that line with pick 8, so imagine Thomas, Wirfs or Becton  (Wills has Bust to my eyes). 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The averages off of 8 games

15.375 carries a game

4.375 targets a game

19.75 potential touches a game.

316 potential touches for the year

Can Kenyan Drake take that workload is my concern. Does someonedraft him until the wheels come off as they did for Cook and Kamara this year? Both produced, but also missed time. It is always about just getting to the playoffs, but his adp is now 18. For me it is about just getting to the playoffs and letting Jesus take the wheel at that point. I wouldn't draft drake in the 2nd round. I would keep him in keeper leagues and obviously dynasty he is kept. Im concerned that he becomes this years Damien Williams. The Cards have a chance to build that line with pick 8, so imagine Thomas, Wirfs or Becton  (Wills has Bust to my eyes). 

 

Well, Drake hasn't missed a game in his career.

 

He had 220 touches in just 14 games last year and that was dealing with a mid season trade.  it's not unrealistic that he would be able to handle over 300 touches while spending an entire year as the starting RB on a good offense. 

 

I don't draft based off of maybe he will get injured unless the guy has an extensive injury history.

Drake has proven durable for long stretches with the Dolphins and with the Cardinals where he was keeping pace with the top 5 RBs in the league.

Guys like cook and Kamara have guys they share their workload with. I don't think Chase Edmonds takes as many snaps from Drake as Mattison and Murray would take from cook and Kamara 

Drake is similar to Mixon but I like the cards offense more than the Bengals.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, Impreza178 said:

The hype on this guy is already out of control
 

 

image.jpeg.fd67ddf7e31038c13d7e2eb3263719aa.jpeg

 

 

 

My prediction:

 

250 carries 1,300 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs

 

60 receptions for 500 yards and 5 TDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

 

My prediction:

 

250 carries 1,300 rushing yards and 9 rushing TDs

 

60 receptions for 500 yards and 5 TDs

I like your style, DHC.  I think the touches total/distribution is spot-on.  That production level seems attainable, but a bit higher than I would say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

I like your style, DHC.  I think the touches total/distribution is spot-on.  That production level seems attainable, but a bit higher than I would say.


@DerrickHenrysCleats style: 

did you play at Alabama?

 🍆 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The averages off of 8 games

15.375 carries a game

4.375 targets a game

19.75 potential touches a game.

316 potential touches for the year

Can Kenyan Drake take that workload is my concern. Does someonedraft him until the wheels come off as they did for Cook and Kamara this year? Both produced, but also missed time. It is always about just getting to the playoffs, but his adp is now 18. For me it is about just getting to the playoffs and letting Jesus take the wheel at that point. I wouldn't draft drake in the 2nd round. I would keep him in keeper leagues and obviously dynasty he is kept. Im concerned that he becomes this years Damien Williams. The Cards have a chance to build that line with pick 8, so imagine Thomas, Wirfs or Becton  (Wills has Bust to my eyes). 

 

If you were to take David Johnson's stats games 1-6, Chase Edmonds' stats games 7-8 and Kenyan Drake's stats from games 9-16 you get the 2nd most pts at RB and 3rd highest fantasy pts per game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, turner46 said:

 

If you were to take David Johnson's stats games 1-6, Chase Edmonds' stats games 7-8 and Kenyan Drake's stats from games 9-16 you get the 2nd most pts at RB and 3rd highest fantasy pts per game.

 

Woo hoo

 

Exactly

 

Cards OLine was not good and their RBs still averaged over 3 yards BEFORE 1st contact 👀

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.