FantasyGuru24

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook

I've got a late round draft slot this year and because of predicted keepers, I'm looking at the best RBs available as Drake, Mixon, Ekeler, or Chubb.  Thinking Mixon or Drake provides the best 3 down value.  Ekeler was awesome last year, but that was with Rivers, and with a mobile Tyrod Taylor, who knows what will happen.  Chubb of course has Hunt who sucked up all the passing work.  So it's really down to Mixon or Drake.  Murray is a mobile QB too, but Cliff and his offense utilized the RB a ton last year and Drake was incredible.  Mixon is working with a rookie QB though we would hope that his heavy usage towards the end of last season is a promising sign for this upcoming year.

I'd rank them Drake>Mixon>Ekeler>Chubb in PPR.

Really intrigued but scared for the reasons already mentioned in here - incredibly small sample size of production.

How many of these types of players actually pan out? 

19 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Really intrigued but scared for the reasons already mentioned in here - incredibly small sample size of production.

How many of these types of players actually pan out? 

Yeah, and for me the only real concern is why was he never used as a feature back until he got to Arizona? And, did they only do so due to the injuries to DJ & Edmonds? 

In other words, what is it about him that all of his previous coaches have not wanted to rely on him as anything more than a committee guy? 

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

tenor.gif

LMAO...yeah, that guy ain't right. I get it. But, he wasn't the only coach that didn't want to lean too heavily on KD. 

15 minutes ago, The G Man said:

LMAO...yeah, that guy ain't right. I get it. But, he wasn't the only coach that didn't want to lean too heavily on KD. 

It was 3 years of Gase and half a year of Flores. It's not a bad question of course, but I think in the end Kingsbury's system is really RB friendly.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It was 3 years of Gase and half a year of Flores. It's not a bad question of course, but I think in the end Kingsbury's system is really RB friendly.

Exactly.

Gase chose Frank Gore over Drake.

Not sure what happened with Flores but he was looking to clean house. Drake's contract was expiring, I don't think they were planning on signing him and maybe Drake had enough of playing in Miami while they were terrible

I'd rather have Drake than Jordan Howard and Matt Breida but I guess the dolphins and Drake wanted to part ways.

Drake has proven capable every time he has been given the opportunity.  Now the only negative is why didn't Adam Gase use him and can he do it for a full season.

The guys is a stud playing in a studly offense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

tenor.gif

The "LOL Gase" argument seems overly simplistic to me.

Generally, good RBs are going to get work early in their careers.

What makes me feel a little more confident in Drake is that I always thought he looked really talented plus he was a high draft pick.

12 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

The "LOL Gase" argument seems overly simplistic to me.

Generally, good RBs are going to get work early in their careers.

What makes me feel a little more confident in Drake is that I always thought he looked really talented plus he was a high draft pick.

It’s honestly not.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2020 at 4:59 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

If you have Drake, the odds are you'll be in the finals.

I rather sniff a fart out of Betty Whites a** than draft Drake in the first round. 

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

I rather sniff a fart out of Betty Whites a** than draft Drake in the first round. 

So you're saying you like it?

LongGloomyEider-small.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Drake paired with Mixon or Aaron Jones at the end of the 1st round is about as good of a 1-2 punch at RB as you could hope for.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Drake paired with Mixon or Aaron Jones at the end of the 1st round is about as good of a 1-2 punch at RB as you could hope for.

How about a combo of CMC and Drake .. Would u take that over CMC and Kelce?

15 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

In standard? I definitely would. 

24 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Yessssss

Drake is likely to catch 60 or more passes 

I think TE is deep now.more than ever

Target Goedert, Gesiki, gronk or Jonnu smith later on

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Even in a 10 team league, PPR or .5 PPR, I don't see Drake lasting until pick 20.  But I'm high on him.  I'd take Drake after CMC, Barkley, Zeke, Kamara, Henry, and Mixon.  I have him as RB #8, and would draft him as high as #12 overall.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, CooL said:

Even in a 10 team league, PPR or .5 PPR, I don't see Drake lasting until pick 20.  But I'm high on him.  I'd take Drake after CMC, Barkley, Zeke, Kamara, Henry, and Mixon.  I have him as RB #8, and would draft him as high as #12 overall.

Keeper/Auction league .. I can keep them both .. Either Drake or Kelce

Edited by FantasyGuru24

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Keeper/Auction league .. I can keep them both .. Either Drake or Kelce

Drake , he’s 26 

Kelce will be 31 in October . Too many up and coming TE’s in the league. 

Edited by RunCMC

4 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

no brainer imo. I believe the Best finish Kelce had was the equivalent to the WR9. I honestly believe drake has serious top 5 RB potential if he stays healthy all year and at worst is a top 15 back. Just my opinion.

Top 5 RBs are like cheat codes it’s almost like having two players in one. And I Would love to take the chance at having two top 5 backs And some tightend like Noah fant, Ian Thomas or even herndon over one top 5 back and the wr9 

• Like 1

Drake is going to be the league winner, everyone wants. A lot of people are going to be nervous, because of the sample size. I am a risk taker and this is the risk I want. 

45 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Drake is going to be the league winner, everyone wants. A lot of people are going to be nervous, because of the sample size. I am a risk taker and this is the risk I want. 

Don’t you think CMC is a risky hold considering he has a new HC, OC, QB, and OLine, plus he had 400+ touches last year or am I overthinking things because he’s a different beast who’s essentially a RB and WR in one?

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

So you're saying you like it?

LongGloomyEider-small.gif

PleasantDeliriousAfghanhound-size_restri

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Don’t you think CMC is a risky hold considering he has a new HC, OC, QB, and OLine, plus he had 400+ touches last year or am I overthinking things because he’s a different beast who’s essentially a RB and WR in one?

No, not risky.

If you want the same exact #s from him as last year maybe that's hard but he is the elite of the elite. Won't regress much.