FantasyGuru24

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

36 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Had a great rookie year. What’s his outlook look like for next year?

I love the talent , if Haskins can take a step forward we should see nice numbers.

1100/8

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:

I love the talent , if Haskins can take a step forward we should see nice numbers.

1100/8

I agree and see similar numbers

On 2/14/2020 at 5:43 PM, BRIGUY11 said:

1100/8

He is the number one WR on the team. And he put up 919/7 as a rookie. 

I would be extremely disappointed if he is only getting 1100 without any injuries.

High hope for this dude.  

• Like 1

I love this guy and hope Haskins can step up.

Offtopic:
I am the only one who gets his OCD tickled if the name of a thread isn't "[prename] [family name] [year] Outlook" ?

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Offtopic:
I am the only one who gets his OCD tickled if the name of a thread isn't "[prename] [family name] [year] Outlook" ?

No sir you are not and I'm not an OCD guy either. Love Mclaurin as a player and hope Haskins doesnt hold him down. My only fear.

yeah, talent is off the charts, he was fun to watch last year. But new staff, and extremely unproven QB that looked overmatched more times than not last season leave a good amount of worry.

"upside WR3" is about the best label i can give him going into 2020. At the right price i'd still take him next year, but i don't know if Haskins really has what it takes at the NFL level long term. But Terry's best quality was producing, even in tough matchups with the suspect QB play. He'll still be usable WR3 next year worst case.

18 hours ago, ginocan said:

He is the number one WR on the team. And he put up 919/7 as a rookie. 

I would be extremely disappointed if he is only getting 1100 without any injuries.

High hope for this dude.  

Me too, I just don’t know what to expect from the new coaching staff or qb play.
If he was playing with Mahomes or Rodgers I’d say my projections are very conservative, Haskins doesn’t exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside 

The Redskins have one of the easiest schedules on paper next year. Obviously a lot can change, but facing the AFC North and NFL West should favor for them throwing the ball heavily outside of the Ravens and possibly 49ers games. It is early, but they're going to also be down, which means Haskins is taking shots. McLaurin should finish as a top 15 wr easily. Is a sophomore slump possible, it is. Wrs aren't known for breaking out as well as McLaurin did either. Right now he is in Tier 7 with a ranking of 64 (WR 29). If he is there around the 5th or 6th round I am taking a stab at him.

I love Terry and think he is a really good receiver, but I have a hunch that he is going to be over drafted and disappoint in 2020. Haskins is bad and if they bring in any additional talent it will hurt his target share. He literally had nobody around him last season and it's just not a high volume passing game.

3 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

I love Terry and think he is a really good receiver, but I have a hunch that he is going to be over drafted and disappoint in 2020. Haskins is bad and if they bring in any additional talent it will hurt his target share. He literally had nobody around him last season and it's just not a high volume passing game.

I think that's what makes him so special.  He had a great rookie season despite bad QB play and no one to keep the opposing D's honest.  If the offense or QB play improves, then IMHO, the sky's the limit for this kid.

8 hours ago, Kilo said:

I think that's what makes him so special.  He had a great rookie season despite bad QB play and no one to keep the opposing D's honest.  If the offense or QB play improves, then IMHO, the sky's the limit for this kid.

Totally agree and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he continues to improve on his numbers. It's just a gut instinct and I'd have to think there is no way that they don't sign and draft additional skill position players heading into the 2020 season. Chris Thompson, a running back who missed 5 games, had the second most targets on the team with 58. No wide receiver other than McLaurin had 50+ targets. That is an incredibly rare feat in today's NFL and I don't see it happening in back to back seasons. 

2 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

Totally agree and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he continues to improve on his numbers. It's just a gut instinct and I'd have to think there is no way that they don't sign and draft additional skill position players heading into the 2020 season. Chris Thompson, a running back who missed 5 games, had the second most targets on the team with 58. No wide receiver other than McLaurin had 50+ targets. That is an incredibly rare feat in today's NFL and I don't see it happening in back to back seasons. 

I can't see them being able to run the ball like they might want to.  The running game isn't great and neither is the defense.  Terry is by far the best receiving option.   The big unknown to me is how much Haskins can improve. 

They’re actually looking at drafting Tua at #2 and trading away Haskins for additional picks. If that happened where would Scary Terry rank?

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

I can't see them being able to run the ball like they might want to.  The running game isn't great and neither is the defense.  Terry is by far the best receiving option.   The big unknown to me is how much Haskins can improve. 

I mean they were already 2nd worst in the league in rushing attempts so there's virtually nowhere to go but up.

1 hour ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

They’re actually looking at drafting Tua at #2 and trading away Haskins for additional picks. If that happened where would Scary Terry rank?

Much lower - who would even QB the team this season?

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Much lower - who would even QB the team this season?

Didn’t Tua get medically cleared at the combine?

53 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Didn’t Tua get medically cleared at the combine?

No - March 9 is the expected date for clearance.

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that they were one of the teams interested in Rivers. That would indicate to me that there is an outside chance Haskins won’t be the one throwing Mclaurin the ball this year. If they sign a guy like rivers then the sky is the limit for terry’s potential 

1 hour ago, BRIGUY11 said:

I thought I read somewhere that they were one of the teams interested in Rivers. That would indicate to me that there is an outside chance Haskins won’t be the one throwing Mclaurin the ball this year. If they sign a guy like rivers then the sky is the limit for terry’s potential 

That would be nice, though I don't see why rivers would want to go to Washington

On 2/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, paulwall29 said:

I mean they were already 2nd worst in the league in rushing attempts so there's virtually nowhere to go but up.

I don't know if I agree with that.  I guess in terms of ranking, they could stay at 2nd worst or drop.  But they could be the 5th worst in rushing attempts and still have a drop in the attempts.

They could also run a faster offense and run more plays.

Regardless, Terry should improve in his second season and any improvement with Haskins will help.  

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't know if I agree with that.  I guess in terms of ranking, they could stay at 2nd worst or drop.  But they could be the 5th worst in rushing attempts and still have a drop in the attempts.

Regardless, Terry should improve in his second season and any improvement with Haskins will help.  

Did you see what magic Rivera and Turner wrought in Carolina?  I don’t see how a combo of Guice, AP, and Thompson won’t improve on their rushing attack from last season.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Trust me I'm not saying they are going to light the world on fire, but Derrius Guice only played 5 games and averaged 5.6 ypc when healthy. If his health cooperates at all (which admittedly is a big if) they will improve in the running game and as @BMcP pointed out Rivera/Turner love to run the ball. Also, you're right that they could move up in the ranks even with their rush attempts remaining fairly static but, as long as they don't regress (which there is little room for regression), it's unlikely that their passing attempts will increase significantly. If they spend significant draft capital on a WR or sign a solid FA WR, it will be difficult for McLaurin to see the necessary volume to make a 2nd year leap. He had everything work in his favor volume wise as a rookie, leading to a 19% target share and 93 targets as the focal point of the offense. If they add additional receiving talent and improve their running game and/or defense it will be difficult for him to improve on his rookie year target share. 

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 2