Rotoworld.com Forums

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yes, if a backup scrub can come close to a guy who was an MVP candidate in Minnesota, Terry will ball. 

I predict Terry has his worst statistical game of the year this week. Allen will throw for 220 yards and turn the ball over several times.

Something like 4 for 45 for TMac. I expect a ton of "umm, bring back Haskins, lol" posts next week. But maybe I'm wrong, and Allen will beast. 

Perennial MVP candidate Case Keenum. Again, let's not get crazy here. Career backups can have one good season, especially on a great team.

I don't get the tripling down on Dwayne Haskins right now. Haha.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Cowboys probably.

File this under “things I never thought I’d read.”  

3 minutes ago, meekzy said:

wanna take a peak at 2019? talking two short about careers here, haskins hasnt even started 16 games allen was on pace for 4k last year if he started all 16 games. 

only reason haskins has higher y/g this year is because mclaurin is leading receivers in YAC, similar could be said for allen last year though so who knows. all i know is its hard to get much worse than haskins a guy who threw for over 200 yards twice last year...

Counterpoint. Allen played for an actual NFL team last year. He had CMC, Greg Olsen, Moore, and a competent O-line.

Now he has McLaurin, and zero other players that belong in an NFL offense.

• Like 1
Just now, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Perennial MVP candidate Case Keenum. Again, let's not get crazy here. Career backups can have one good season, especially on a great team.

I don't get the tripling down on Dwayne Haskins right now. Haha.

Haskins has been a bust. No doubt. But this team is gaaaaaarbage. I'd rather start Joe Flacco this week than Kyle Allen. I don't think people realize how ugly this is about to get.

Just now, ajs723 said:

Counterpoint. Allen played for an actual NFL team last year. He had CMC, Greg Olsen, Moore, and a competent O-line.

Now he has McLaurin, and zero other players that belong in an NFL offense.

the way i see it is it can't get much worse than haskins but theres a chance it could get better for mclaurin and thomas with allen. 

no one is saying patrick mahomes is coming to town.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yes, if a backup scrub can come close to a guy who was an MVP candidate in Minnesota, Terry will ball. 

I predict Terry has his worst statistical game of the year this week. Allen will throw for 220 yards and turn the ball over several times.

Something like 4 for 45 for TMac. I expect a ton of "umm, bring back Haskins, lol" posts next week. But maybe I'm wrong, and Allen will beast. 

He's going up against Ramsey this week, so not that bold of a prediction. 

You sneaky little guy you 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

Do you think Kyle Allen will be a better QB than Haskins?

No. I think both guys suck. Allen has no poise in the pocket. He had a decent line last year and fumbled like twice a game. He's going to get killed. 

Same Coach and OC Allen had last year, should be very comfortable in the system. Bad team just like Carolina last year, a lot of them may come in garbage time but points are points. Terry should be just as good if not better for fantasy, Gibson gets the biggest upgrade out of this imo.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, meekzy said:

its not even about being a better QB its about if he can feed mclaurin and thomas or not, who cares if he fumbles some they'll be in negative game scripts regardless.

Well, I mean, hard to feed anyone when you can't hold onto the ball. 

28 minutes ago, meekzy said:

the way i see it is it can't get much worse than haskins but theres a chance it could get better for mclaurin and thomas with allen. 

no one is saying patrick mahomes is coming to town.

He's probably going to get double digit targets.   Haskins has missed him several times, including some end zone looks.

I can't fathom Allen being worse.  It's possible I guess.   But if Allen is that bad, then McLaurin could easily see 15 targets because they are so far behind.

And if they get to trash time, he'll be open all day in the middle of the field.

21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

He's probably going to get double digit targets.   Haskins has missed him several times, including some end zone looks.

I can't fathom Allen being worse.  It's possible I guess.   But if Allen is that bad, then McLaurin could easily see 15 targets because they are so far behind.

And if they get to trash time, he'll be open all day in the middle of the field.

Yes, there's a chance TMac could see near 15 targets due to garbage time. As opposed to with Haskins... where he literally just saw 14 targets last game. 

I don't know how people are arguing this is going to be an upgrade because it's going to be the same situation. It's only an upgrade if Allen is actually good and elevated the offense. If it's more garbage time with a bad QB, it's lateral at best. 

20 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

This ajs guy seems to have a really irrational hatred for kyle allen lol

It's not hate. Nothing against Allen, but he's an undrafted JAG. He's not going to be markedly better than Haskins.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

It's not hate. Nothing against Allen, but he's an undrafted JAG. He's not going to be markedly better than Haskins.

Allen seemed to do ok with DJ Moore and CMC last year.

Don't think I'm benching McClaurin this season after he produced last week against the BALT CBs.

49 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yes, there's a chance TMac could see near 15 targets due to garbage time. As opposed to with Haskins... where he literally just saw 14 targets last game. 

I don't know how people are arguing this is going to be an upgrade because it's going to be the same situation. It's only an upgrade if Allen is actually good and elevated the offense. If it's more garbage time with a bad QB, it's lateral at best. 

If Allen is even marginally more accurate than Haksin, then it's an upgrade.  If he's worse (hard to imagine), then it will be Alex Smith time.