FantasyGuru24

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

Might have reached in the 5th round. I'm hoping he is this year's Godwin!

Assuming humble brag here... 5th is about as late as you can wait in any league worth playing in (if 12 teams or more).

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, LionKid90 said:

Can someone help me rank McLaurin, AJ Brown, Calvin Ridley and DJ Chark. All have fairly similar ADP's, and most of these guys are getting drafted to be your WR2. They are all young and I haven't seen a ton of any of them. I think if I had to rank it, I'd have it as: 

1. McLaurin
2. Ridley
3. Chark
4. Brown

Washington has to throw it to someone, who else do they have to throw to? Shouldn't he be a near lock for 10 targets a game? I guess the main worry is, can Haskins get him the ball and can Washington sustain drives on offense. I feel like I want to target one of these guys as my WR2. Likely won't touch Brown, don't like that he is on a run first team. McLaurin and Chark on the go to WR's on their teams, but QB and offense are big questionmarks. Ridley comes across as safe. He has more competition for targets but plays with a better QB and offense.

Crazy these are the WRs you listed. Just had a re-draft non-ppr draft last weekend. Traded some picks around pre-draft but ended up getting Brown 35th (3rd round) and Ridley 38th (4th round). Was higher on Chark than McLaurin but wanted one of them. Thing is, Chark went 51st 4 picks ahead of me in the 5th and it threw me off, so I unfortunately took Rojo 55th (the last week of news hasn't been kind to me). Just by my luck though, McLaurin dropped to me @ pick 62nd overall in the 6 round. Jumped at it. 

So to make a long story short. I'm: 

1. A.J. Brown

2. Calvin Ridley

3. D.J. Chark

4. Terry McLaurin

Grabbed him 7th round (78 overall) and am happy with that.  I think a lot of people are spooked by how bad Washington's offense will be.  He's my FLEX/WR3 and I think he has potential to finish in the same realm as my higher round WR picks (Moore & Kupp).  He just needs the volume.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:27 AM, LionKid90 said:

Can someone help me rank McLaurin, AJ Brown, Calvin Ridley and DJ Chark. All have fairly similar ADP's, and most of these guys are getting drafted to be your WR2. They are all young and I haven't seen a ton of any of them. I think if I had to rank it, I'd have it as: 

1. McLaurin
2. Ridley
3. Chark
4. Brown

Washington has to throw it to someone, who else do they have to throw to? Shouldn't he be a near lock for 10 targets a game? I guess the main worry is, can Haskins get him the ball and can Washington sustain drives on offense. I feel like I want to target one of these guys as my WR2. Likely won't touch Brown, don't like that he is on a run first team. McLaurin and Chark on the go to WR's on their teams, but QB and offense are big questionmarks. Ridley comes across as safe. He has more competition for targets but plays with a better QB and offense.

1. Chark

2. McLauren

3. Ridley

(A big fat gap)

4 AJ Brown

1,2 are the unchallenged No.1 WRs and favorites of their QBs and on teams that should be forced to throw quite often. 

3, has the highest floor for being the No.2. option on a stable pass happy offense but probably lower ceiling than 1 and 2.

4, On one of the best running offense and team overall. The team won’t throw much at least they absolutely have to. TE Jonnu Smith is a beast and I have a bad feeling about WR Corey Davis break out. Weird things happens in NFL and Davis is a much better real life player than he is in fantasy land. 

• Like 2

Holy sh*t, the Corey Davis breakout post. Lmao.  We’ve been waiting for that, and hearing that, since he came into the league.  Fantasy BUM

FYI - AJB is also “unchallenged No.1 WR and favorite of his QB” 

On 9/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Jack Valentine said:

1. Chark

2. McLauren

3. Ridley

(A big fat gap)

4 AJ Brown

1,2 are the unchallenged No.1 WRs and favorites of their QBs and on teams that should be forced to throw quite often. 

3, has the highest floor for being the No.2. option on a stable pass happy offense but probably lower ceiling than 1 and 2.

4, On one of the best running offense and team overall. The team won’t throw much at least they absolutely have to. TE Jonnu Smith is a beast and I have a bad feeling about WR Corey Davis break out. Weird things happens in NFL and Davis is a much better real life player than he is in fantasy land. 

Agree with this, but want to note that Ridley is safer than the sophomores as hes now put together 2 solid seasons and more targets have opened up in ATL. Another way to list these guys would be by projected targets:

1. Terry

2. chark

3. ridley

4. AJ brown (high risk) 

Check this out:

McLaurin destroyed Philly last year (5-125-1 on 7 targets in week 1 and 5-130-1 on 5 targets in week 15), but that was before the Eagles added Slay.  Slay expected to shadow McLaurin this week.  McLaurin's line against Detroit last year (not sure if he got shadowed by Slay) was 5-72-0 on 12 targets.

Anyone else worried about him this week?  Looking more like a WR3/4.  Wouldn't surprise me if DJax outscores him.

• Like 1

As someone who was super high on Terry last year, I'm fading him this year.  The talent is there no doubt, kid is a boss.  Problem is now he's going way higher, the league knows about him, is basically his team's only offensive threat, and has a highly questionable QB throwing him the ball.  Should still have most game scripts in his favor, but that's about it.

Last year as a waiver/late round guy, loved him.  This year having to use significantly higher draft capital and drawing more attention from opposing defense, I am out.  Wish he was in a better situation.  Maybe next year, Scary.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Check this out:

McLaurin destroyed Philly last year (5-125-1 on 7 targets in week 1 and 5-130-1 on 5 targets in week 15), but that was before the Eagles added Slay.  Slay expected to shadow McLaurin this week.  McLaurin's line against Detroit last year (not sure if he got shadowed by Slay) was 5-72-0 on 12 targets.

Anyone else worried about him this week?  Looking more like a WR3/4.  Wouldn't surprise me if DJax outscores him.

Yup I'm definitely concerned about Slay.  Debating sitting him for Fuller if Cooks can't play.

32 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Check this out:

I would never sit Terry, but that’s just me.. love the kid.

Only Slay & Ramsey worry me.

Peterson is washed up, Ward will get burned.

Humphrey is a toss up (he plays the slot mainly) Marcus Peters plays outside corner , who’s solid himself.

Edited by RunCMC

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I would never sit Terry, but that’s just me.. love the kid

I agree and I wouldn't sit him either. He'll be my WR3 all season. Only way he's not is injury or DH pulls a Markelle Fultz and forgets how to throw the Football

Eagles fan, love Slay, but I'm starting Terry for sure.  Kids a stud and let's be honest...who else are they going to give the ball to?

3 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

Check this out:

Don't read too much into the stat line. It should have been 100+ yds and a TD:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

As someone who was super high on Terry last year, I'm fading him this year.  The talent is there no doubt, kid is a boss.  Problem is now he's going way higher, the league knows about him, is basically his team's only offensive threat, and has a highly questionable QB throwing him the ball.  Should still have most game scripts in his favor, but that's about it.

Last year as a waiver/late round guy, loved him.  This year having to use significantly higher draft capital and drawing more attention from opposing defense, I am out.  Wish he was in a better situation.  Maybe next year, Scary.

All of that applied last year too.  Yet he produced. 

3 hours ago, Chardo said:

All of that applied last year too.  Yet he produced. 

1. The league didn't know about him, and 2. My main point was the difference in what you have to give up to get him. Last year he was free, this year he's a 4th-5th rounder. I question if you even really read what I wrote.  Edit: AND all of his good games were with a QB not names Haskins. And they had AP and Guice. You are unquestionably wrong. 

Edited by JJ1223

21 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

1. The league didn't know about him, and 2. My main point was the difference in what you have to give up to get him. Last year he was free, this year he's a 4th-5th rounder. I question if you even really read what I wrote. 

He’s going to more than deliver on that price tag. 

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

1. The league didn't know about him, and 2. My main point was the difference in what you have to give up to get him. Last year he was free, this year he's a 4th-5th rounder. I question if you even really read what I wrote.  Edit: AND all of his good games were with a QB not names Haskins. And they had AP and Guice. You are unquestionably wrong

What about the 5-72, 4-57-1 and 5-130-1 games he had WITH Haskins??? He also had 4 catches for 57 yards (on 6 targets) in the first half of Week 17. Haskins didnt play the 2nd half after he got hurt.

Looks you are unquestionably wrong. Plus the fact they dont have AP and Guice this season means they wont be as good running the ball.

And WTF does it matter if his price tag is a lot higher? News at 11: Talented, exciting player has more expensive ADP after stud rookie season.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you have to factor in garbage time with Scarrence.  Yes he's going against number one corners (he did last year too).

But at some point, just like this game tonight they are probably going to let their foot off the gas when they're beating Football Team to a pulp.  If Terry hasn't gotten his numbers in before then he can make up for it.

11 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

1. The league didn't know about him, and 2. My main point was the difference in what you have to give up to get him. Last year he was free, this year he's a 4th-5th rounder. I question if you even really read what I wrote.  Edit: AND all of his good games were with a QB not names Haskins. And they had AP and Guice. You are unquestionably wrong. 

If you think the league didn't know about him, you don't understand what coaches do.  Once there is game film, there are no surprises in this league.  Opposing coaches knew all about him.  

Wondering if I should bench in favor of Jamison Crowder. Sounds like an awful decision yes, but with Jamison getting peppered with targets I can see 12 catches for 80 yards and a decent 20 spot from my WR3. How's Patrick Peterson looking these days? Guess Scary could see some garbage time action.

16 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

Wondering if I should bench in favor of Jamison Crowder. Sounds like an awful decision yes, but with Jamison getting peppered with targets I can see 12 catches for 80 yards and a decent 20 spot from my WR3. How's Patrick Peterson looking these days? Guess Scary could see some garbage time action.

Don’t chase last weeks points.

Peterson is washed.

24 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

I love Crowder this season, he was a sleeper for me in a lot of leagues, but you don't bench Terry for him. Darius Slay was probably my biggest concern this season and he still got 7 targets and 5 catches.

He's an every week start for me.