FantasyGuru24

Terry McLaurin 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, MMLSU said:

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that Ward has been playing sides rather than shadowing WRs. Regardless though, Terry is locked and loaded. Too good to bench in any situation.

Maybe...IDK.  They were making a point on some podcast that Ward is the only Browns DB that has enough speed to even try to cover Terry.

Him being out is better than not, regardless.

5 hours ago, sSektor said:

Keenum was last year but is on the Browns now unfortunately. Just gotta hope Haskins improves as the season goes on.

5 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Oh damn that sux. Go Haskins! Lol

Watch his game logs with Keenum last year.

Most are excellent + he was only a rookie.

My point being, even with a decent QB Terry goes BOOM. 

Edited by RunCMC

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Watch his game logs with Keenum last year.

Most are excellent + he was only a rookie.

My point being, even with a decent QB Terry goes BOOM. 

I had Terry last year also. I remember all those moments. Another reason he was one of my main targets in my draft

I think Haskins will get better as the year goes on. Unfortunately, he didn't have a training camp in his second year.....worst case scenario, Alex smith comes in as an immediate upgrade. Either way, the arrow is pointing up for Mclaurin.

Great route runner and YAC machine. If he had better QB play, he would easily be a top 10 fantasy WR IMO. Hopefully Haskins can show some improvement as the year goes on. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

haskins missed him open on 2 seperate throws smh

edit: for TD

Came here to say this 😂

I want Alex Smith

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jmiller21kg said:

Great route runner and YAC machine. If he had better QB play, he would easily be a top 10 fantasy WR IMO. Hopefully Haskins can show some improvement as the year goes on. 

Top 5 even, I kid you not.

Seriously McLaurin does not get enough love, partly because he plays for Washington.

He’s an absolute STUD , the next AB.

1 hour ago, cincythunder said:

haskins missed him open on 2 seperate throws smh

edit: for TD

yup. on one McLaurin had his man completely beat and had a couple feet of separation and Haskins had a good pocket and it was just a crappy throw. If this guy gets even mediocre QB play he's a stud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, yossarian said:

yup. on one McLaurin had his man completely beat and had a couple feet of separation and Haskins had a good pocket and it was just a crappy throw. If this guy gets even mediocre QB play he's a stud. 

Exactly. It’s got to be about time to end the Haskin experiment, unless they want to play Tank for Trevor that is. 

11 hours ago, yardimatt said:

Exactly. It’s got to be about time to end the Haskin experiment, unless they want to play Tank for Trevor that is. 

Washington head coach Ron Rivera said "there is a cutoff point for me" in waiting for QB Dwayne Haskins to improve. 

Rivera reportedly said the Football Team's offensive players "deserve better" from the quarterback. It's a stinging critique of Haskins after his disastrous Week 3 performance against the Browns in which he completed 21-of-37 passes for 224 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. Outside of the team's scripted plays to start the game, Haskins appears lost, often locking in on one receiver and forcing the ball into tight coverage. Kyle Allen is listed as Haskins' backup. Alex Smith has been inactive for the first three weeks of the season. Allen coming in as the team's starting QB couldn't be worse for their pass catchers than Haskins has been. 

Ohhh man please bring in Kyle Allen.

He was on Carolina last year right ?

DJ Moore had some big games with him if I remember correctly. 

Still early tho, I don't think they pull the plug on the Haskins experiment just yet. 

Unless he completely bombs the next few games. 

17 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

Washington head coach Ron Rivera said "there is a cutoff point for me" in waiting for QB Dwayne Haskins to improve. 

Rivera reportedly said the Football Team's offensive players "deserve better" from the quarterback. It's a stinging critique of Haskins after his disastrous Week 3 performance against the Browns in which he completed 21-of-37 passes for 224 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. Outside of the team's scripted plays to start the game, Haskins appears lost, often locking in on one receiver and forcing the ball into tight coverage. Kyle Allen is listed as Haskins' backup. Alex Smith has been inactive for the first three weeks of the season. Allen coming in as the team's starting QB couldn't be worse for their pass catchers than Haskins has been. 

"Gus Frerotte is not walking through that door, fans. Jason Campbell is not walking through that door, and Brad Johnson is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old."

7 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Kyle Allen isn't spectacular but he would be an upgrade for sure. 

I disagree. I think it would be a slight downgrade.

Today is national crap all over Haskins day, but I don't think it's fair. Washington has the worst set of skill position players in the league, and it isn't close. Oh, and they also have the worst O-line in the league, by far. 

I watched a bunch of that game yesterday. The defense bracket covered McLaurin, leaving Haskins to rely on the supporting cast of absolute scrubs. He also has negative 2 seconds to throw on most plays. 

If you think Kyle Allen is going to fair much better, you're likely to be disappointed. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

Everyone saying Kyle Allen. What about Alex Smith? I know he's been inactive but he was given the medical clear so I assume Washington is playing it safe. I would love to see if Smith still has it.

18 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Everyone saying Kyle Allen. What about Alex Smith? I know he's been inactive but he was given the medical clear so I assume Washington is playing it safe. I would love to see if Smith still has it.

Alex Smith is who I'm hoping for if he's still got anything left in the tank after that horrific injury.

28 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

hey also have the worst O-line in the league, by far. 

Joe Mixon strongly disagrees

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you guys have not seen a picture of Alex Smith's leg, you should look it up. Would be shocked if he ever played again.

9b89ae0937d445b8af1597273267c14c_md.jpg

Edited by MMLSU
Added photo

9 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

If you guys have not seen a picture of Alex Smith's leg, you should look it up. Would be shocked if he ever played again.

He's been medically cleared to play so I don't see why he wouldn't play this year. I would be more worried about his mental state than physical state.

10 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Wow when was this photo taken?

1 minute ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Wow when was this photo taken?

Unsure, but the article it is from was released in April.

2 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

He's been medically cleared to play so I don't see why he wouldn't play this year. I would be more worried about his mental state than physical state.

Good point, but they have been leaving Kyle Allen as the backup. That is not a good sign to me. Who knows what his mental state is like at this point as well, but that is more speculation that I probably should not dive into.

2 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Unsure, but the article it is from was released in April.

Good point, but they have been leaving Kyle Allen as the backup. That is not a good sign to me. Who knows what his mental state is like at this point as well, but that is more speculation that I probably should not dive into.

Fudge his mental state.

Can the man even walk straight ? 😂