Sign in to follow this  
FantasyGuru24

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

Team traded 2 thirds to get him.  Brown and Henderson will enter camp as 1a and 1b.  If either sets themselves apart they will get the majority share with the other taking the minority.  This isn't a difficult situation to read.  Young legs are cheaper and most often better.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Team traded 2 thirds to get him.  Brown and Henderson will enter camp as 1a and 1b.  If either sets themselves apart they will get the majority share with the other taking the minority.  This isn't a difficult situation to read.  Young legs are cheaper and most often better.

It's as simple as that. But my money is on Henderson pulling away with the starting job eventually. Brown is actually a decent back , but isn't he viewed more of a journeymen . 

Henderson isn't a 350 carry kind of back anyway.  I own Henderson in a keeper and obviously this is a big uptick in his value.  I honestly think Henderson could be a superstar (which is why I took him in the first round of our rookie draft last year), but regardless of estimation of true value, you can't argue that Henderson's value has increased exponentially in the past few days.  The young man averaged almost 9 yards per carry in college, and his team was really good so it wasn't like he was playing at Middle Podunky State University for the Blind.  

The year he went into the draft they went 8-5 in games he played (they lost to Wake Forest in the bowl game on a last second miracle without him, so the team was solid). They lost twice to UCF by 1 point on the road and by 15 in the conference championship and UCF ended up top 10.  Basically the kid has some juice, and in the little I saw last year I think he can be a massive asset to a fantasy team.  Time will tell I guess, but I don't see them spending a lot of draft capital on a RB for reasons other people have already given, so his opportunity will be there if he is talented enough to take the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

This was one of the longest ways to say nothing that I have ever read. 

Thanks for your contribution larry

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GJDHouse said:

Henderson isn't a 350 carry kind of back anyway.

I was curious, did you know there have only been 2 backs in the past ten years that have gotten 350+ carries?

DeMarco Murray in 2014 (392, insane) and Arian Foster in 2012 (351).

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2

It’s called a metaphor Drax. 

‘Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast’

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

It’s called a metaphor Drax. 

‘Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast’

LOL.

I wasn't talking you literally re: Henderson, but reading that number legitimately made me curious how often it happened writ large.

I'm the kind of person who, if you claimed a Ford Pinto did 0-60 in 3 seconds, would look up which cars had done that.  Not to prove you wrong about the Pinto but just because it was an interesting jumping off point for research.

16 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I was curious, did you know there have only been 2 backs in the past ten years that have gotten 350+ carries?

DeMarco Murray in 2014 (392, insane) and Arian Foster in 2012 (351).

If you add post season Henry had 386 carries plus 23 catches. Demarco Murray if I remember correctly wasn't the same after those touches either. Was out of the NFL shortly after. 

18 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Thanks for your contribution larry

I wrote something else on that same page if you had actually read. So you’re welcome.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:26 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

If you add post season Henry had 386 carries plus 23 catches. Demarco Murray if I remember correctly wasn't the same after those touches either. Was out of the NFL shortly after. 

Remember when RBs used to get those types of carries frequently enough that fantasy players often referred to “the curse of 350”?

Cant believe that’s only happened twice in 10 years now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/memphis/Article/Miller-and-Hendesrson-primed-for-breakout-seasons-in-the-NFL-145379702/Amp/

Without question, Henderson is one of the best players to ever wear a Memphis uniform. The former Tiger was arguably the best running back in the country in his final season at Memphis, and he was selected in the third round of the 2019 NFL Draft by the Los Angeles Rams.

Going into last season, it was clear that Todd Gurley – one of the best backs in the league – was the Rams starter. In a shocking move last week, the Rams chose to cut the former Georgia star, which leaves the door wide open for Henderson.

During his rookie season, Henderson was used sparingly, and it looked like he was struggling to adjust to the speed of the game and the play book at times. Fortunately for Henderson, this is extremely common for rookies, and he will have another offseason to learn the system and adjust to the speed of the game at the professional level.

Although he didn't have a breakout rookie year, Henderson still showed flashes of what made him so special in college. With his speed and ability to make defenders miss, Henderson could win the Rams starting running back job heading into this season.

If the former Tiger improves drastically over the offseason, then he could take the NFL by storm. As soon as the game slows down for Henderson, it's likely he will break out.

• Like 1

Assuming the hype train doesn't get rolling for this guy and they don't draft a RB he's definitely someone I'd target. It'd be surprising if he at the very least wasn't on the better end of a timeshare here. 

In my experience, running backs who succeed in the NFL almost always do so right away.

Name me a healthy rookie running back who struggled his rookie year but then became a star after that.

I think we will see the Rams take a running back in round 3 or maybe even earlier.  The cutting if Gurley, imo, had very little or nothing to do with Henderson.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

In my experience, running backs who succeed in the NFL almost always do so right away.

Name me a healthy rookie running back who struggled his rookie year but then became a star after that.

I think we will see the Rams take a running back in round 3 or maybe even earlier.  The cutting if Gurley, imo, had very little or nothing to do with Henderson.

Shaun Alexander
Ahman Green
Derrick Henry

Ladanian Tomlinson and his crap ton of fumbles

this list can actually continually to grow. Some rbs hit the gates running and some take time to develop. CMC outside of his 80 catches wasn't productive overall either. 

Just like Novocain, give it time baby. Although, I don't think Henderson has it. 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

That’s the thing when he was finally about to be incorporated into the offense the second half of the season he got hurt. I liked what I saw though from the small sample size. I think the Rams will give him every opportunity to fail before they draft another RB. They’ll ride him heavy this year and find out what they have in Hendy 

4 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Shaun Alexander
Ahman Green
Derrick Henry

this list can actually continually to grow. Some rbs hit the gates running and some take time to develop. CMC outside of his 80 catches wasn't productive overall either. 

Just like Novocain, give it time baby. Although, I don't think Henderson has it. 

Add guys like Thomas Jones, Mixon, Bell, Freeman. Probably a lot more examples.

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Can’t see the Rams going RB as early as round 3. Too many other needs, OL and edge chief among them

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Can’t see the Rams going RB as early as round 3. Too many other needs, OL and edge chief among them

Teams always have needs. Drafted RBs will always remain one of the most cost effective draft selections in the NFL.

9 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Shaun Alexander
Ahman Green
Derrick Henry

Wow getting into the way-back machine there.  I guess I was mostly thinking about the last 7 years or so, with the league evolving into such a pass-heavy proposition.

Derrick Henry is not a bad example, though.  My sense is that Henry's running translated right away, he just struggled in other areas like playbook knowledge, pass pro and the receiving game.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:31 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Melvin Gordon was awful his rookie year.  Tons of fumbles, 0 tds, 3.5 YPC only 640 yards.  

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Melvin Gordon was awful his rookie year.  Tons of fumbles, 0 tds, 3.5 YPC only 640 yards.  

His YPC hasn't changed much his entire time in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

And he's still awful now.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

marlon Mack had 300 yards His rookie year 3.8 ypc

devonte freeman 248 yards for 3.8 ypc

mark ingrams first two years 600 and 400 with 3.9 ypc in both

Lev bell had 800 yards for 3.5 ypc

Darrell Henderson only had 39 carries for 150 yard and 3.8ypc. Pretty good company to be in.

Edited by Stonej14

Hasn’t the man had enough at this point?  I feel like the point has been made.

• Haha 1

3.8 ypc is good company to be in?  It's more like roster-bubble material.