Rotoworld.com Forums

Darrell Henderson 2020 Outlook

Darrell Henderson has looked really good two weeks in a row. Brown looked solid in week 1 and Akers hasn't shown anything really and now he's hurt. I like the odds of Henderson keeping control of this backfield.

From what I've seen from Henderson, he seems to be best when he runs up the middle of the field, shows good vision and burst. I find he isn't great on runs to the outside though, maybe he just doesn't have great lateral quickness. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm surprised by how eager many are to sell here. The LA Rams are 2nd in rush attempts in the league. They are neck-and-neck with the Browns with only a 3 carry separation. This is a backfield yo

Because the GM said he wants to use multiple backs? Jesus, you not watch very much ball. About every team but five use multiple RBs. I think it’s smart for real life teams to do if they want to protec

Dynasty owners  

Is it time to sell high now [...] or is he going to continue what he's doing?

There's no reason to think he slows down aside of Akers coming back and that is a top offense. He's just looked too damn good. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I believe if everyone is fully healthy, it'll be Henderson/Akers split in the backfield and Brown will be pushed by the way side. There could be room for both to produce, but I don't see the Rams giving either Akers or Henderson the full load now.

Fantasy owners nightmare..."we're going to go with the hot hand"

Just now, humanpuck said:

Yes, it could be. That said, Rams aren't afraid to run the ball 30+ times a game. Not comparing their talents, but you could potentially see a Chubb/Hunt situation, but a poor man's version lol

Just now, humanpuck said:

Agreed, but the leash could be short.

I'm sure the Rams will want to give Akers the opportunity to seize a role and they have the draft capital invested in him to justify it... But they're not going to freeze out Hendo if he keeps it up. 

9 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

He's grading off the charts; assuming he keeps it at this level I don't think you have to worry about job security. They will likely give Akers time to heal-up and start by working him in as a COP back. He's more a threat to Brown than Henderson.

Yes, PFF #1 rated RB thru 3 weeks. McVay is calling a lot more runs than in the past too and also just stated that Hendo is starting this week.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, smeeze said:

I'm sure the Rams will want to give Akers the opportunity to seize a role and they have the draft capital invested in him to justify it... But they're not going to freeze out Hendo if he keeps it up. 

They have the capital in Henderson too...looks like Henderson is starting to prove his GM and coaches wrong. Henderson still has the injury risk to him however.

4 hours ago, humanpuck said:

McVay explicitly said that the hot hand can change if someone emerges.  Someone emerged.  Doesn't mean Akers can't get more involved later but at this point the "better draft capital" narrative / argument is really only relevant to him vs. Malcolm Brown for the near future.

Point being the better draft capital is kind of irrelevant in terms of Henderson's value.  As someone already said as long as he's getting 15-20 touches and producing (he is and against tough run Ds) that won't change.

He's a locked in high-end RB2.  If anyone is scared off by McVay's preseason comments or Akers draft capital you should take advantage of that.

8 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I believe if everyone is fully healthy, it'll be Henderson/Akers split in the backfield and Brown will be pushed by the way side. There could be room for both to produce, but I don't see the Rams giving either Akers or Henderson the full load now.

I believe Henderson is gonna run away with this.

• Like 2
On 9/29/2020 at 9:11 AM, battle2heaven said:

Akers is cheeks bruh. 

To the gulag with Akers

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 7:38 AM, afl5013 said:

Is it time to sell high now [...] or is he going to continue what he's doing?

There's no reason to think he slows down aside of Akers coming back and that is a top offense. He's just looked too damn good. 

It’s a legit question, but I’m not. 
Best player wins the job. Bet on talent. 

Can it turn into a bit of an annoying timeshare? Yep. 

But it can also turn into something much more glorious. 

• Like 1