Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

I'm sure its slim but I'd he lying if I didn't say I enjoy seeing little snippets of how Bell misses Pittsburgh and or would it make sense to bring Bell back in certain headlines etc...

I feel the Steelers really should've invested into Bell and figured to build the team around him for the next 4 to 5 years. He was that guy, he can last a season and just brings so many aspects to what this teams offense needs.

He didnt part in an ugly fashion like AB which is good , so I feel there's a slight outside chance some deal could be made but again I doubt it. I think tho if somehow they could it would make alot of sense as Conner isnt our man, great kid, great story , love the kid and what hes done but hes not a 16 game player and just seems to always be quickly dinged up.

In any case, for what'll most likely be the case...how do you guys think Bell will fare in his 2nd season with the Jets ? 

Poorly.

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Poorly.

Yea, I agree. I will say tho I looked at his stats and they arent AS bad as I had thought but I didnt have him this past season so I didnt totally take note. But yea I dont see it improving much at all.

I really wish he could find his way back to the Steelers 

Imagine that headline, Bell and AB back with Ben in 2020 😂

Edited by Savatage79

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Imagine that headline, Bell and AB back with Ben in 2020 😂

I would love to see that.  

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I would love to see that.  

Never know, I'm actually surprised to see these feint rumors as I would enjoy seeing it as well 

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

He burned the Steelers big time, and the Rooney's dont put up with **** like that. He burned his bridge and there's no going back 

I dont think it was personal tho, it was all business and it obviously didnt work out for Bell but neither for the Steelers..I'm sure they'd both be willing to find a middle ground if the situation arose. 

Now AB left and that was ugly, that to me was more of a burned bridge...but Bell was different.  I think it could happen tho ,but I'm sure its slim

I'm not reading much into ADP's right now, but I'm guessing he'll still go in the first few rounds and i'm not down with that.   Can't trust the coach here, and no reason to think this offense is trending in a positive direction.   Bell's effort last offseason turned me off as well.  NYJ seems like a miserable organization right now.

On 2/15/2020 at 4:47 PM, Savatage79 said:

I dont think it was personal tho, it was all business and it obviously didnt work out for Bell but neither for the Steelers..I'm sure they'd both be willing to find a middle ground if the situation arose. 

Not a pit fan so could be wrong.  But sure didn't seem like Pit felt it was all business.  Seemed to get personal at the end.  Don't see them touching him or AB(obviously).

As a person who lives In Pittsburgh I can attest to the fact that while it was disappointing that Bell didn't accept the deal, it wasnt an ugly exit like ABs exit.  And it's in the discussions elsewhere as seen above, Bell could end up back in Pittsburgh . I dont see AB coming back but I can see a headline saying Bell is back as we need some serious help and this year's draft is not going to be great imo

• Haha 1

Bell signed a contract that guarantees he won’t be going anywhere 

On 2/16/2020 at 8:32 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Adam Gase still the coach?

Run, don't walk away from anybody coached by Adam Gase.

The guy is just the worse HC and a talent cancer because he believes in the purity of his system and "genius" and blames failure on the players for not executing his system.  He has never adapted his system to fit the talents of the players. 

before bell even put on a pair of pads as a jet Gase goes on record as not wanting him for his system 😂

I suspect Gase could see that Bell was going to fail from a mile away.  Perhaps the coach wanted to distance himself from the situation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

The guy is just the worse HC and a talent cancer because he believes in the purity of his system and "genius" and blames failure on the players for not executing his system.  He has never adapted his system to fit the talents of the players. 

before bell even put on a pair of pads as a jet Gase goes on record as not wanting him for his system 😂

It’s still weird to see how many of his former players have balled out.  Good luck, Adam.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:11 PM, Savatage79 said:

In any case, for what'll most likely be the case...how do you guys think Bell will fare in his 2nd season with the Jets ? 

Will probably be worse than this past year

I dont see how he could end up back on pitt. No way they trade for him, then they are out assets and still giving him the $$ they didnt want to in the first place. And they cant cut him till next year, so iunno.

Ill take a realllly late round flyer on him, but im sure someone will grab him before me hoping jets get something going. 

All over this dude in 2020 at reasonable price in FULL PPR. How many backs can you say are the unquestioned workhorse (would of had around 350 touches)  with tons of catches (had 66 and missed a game). (Barkley, CMC, Zeke). That is it.

Jones splits with williams, Henry doesn't get catches, Chubb has hunt, Jacobs splits too much time, Kamara splits too much with murrary

. With the money he is getting I don't see that changing. If he is there at the turn of the 3/4th I am all in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Adam Gase may still be there but they're at least putting some emphasis on the line.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Prediction:  Bell will be even worse in 2020 than he was in 2019.

He's another year older, his headcoach has publicly disowned him from the beginning, and this offseason the Jets leaked the "intriguing" news that they might seek to trade him.  (Good luck with that).

These are not the ingredients found in a recipe for success.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Haha 1

I already posted this, all over this dude in full ppr for a reasonable price, like 2/3 turn or later. 

First he is the unquestioned stater, not in a committee and without injury will get nearly 350 touches total, I can only name a few back that will approach those numbers. (CMC, Zeke, Saquon, Cook, Henry). That is the #1 factor you look at when picking a rb.

Second maybe more important than #1, he is heavily involved in the passing game caught 66 last year would have been easily over 70 if he played 16 games. Only (CMC, Eckler, Kamara, Cohen, Fournette, White). I could see white/eckler/possibly cohen taking a step back in their receptions leaving Bell in the top 5 for catches.

Yes his TDs stunk, but those flucuate greatly year by year and the above changes on the line and should be a positive step.  Plus Darnold gets another year and that division just got super weak with brady leaving. 

I don't like that robby anderson is leaving so hopefully they get jeudy and sign someone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Give me a GUARANTEED work horse (and is TALENTED) on all 3 downs in the 3rd round all day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Prediction:  Bell will be even worse in 2020 than he was in 2019.

He's another year older, his headcoach has publicly disowned him from the beginning, and this offseason the Jets leaked the "intriguing" news that they might seek to trade him.  (Good luck with that).

These are not the ingredients found in a recipe for success.

Year Older- hardly too old

headcoach disowned him- doesn't matter with that insane contract hes getting the ball like he did last year, they are gonna run him into the ground.

All your arguments are opinions and nothing changed from last year to this year besides their line getting stronger and the division being weaker. 

• Like 1