Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You realize Bell has negative trade value right now, correct?  The Jets would have to trade Bell AND a pick to get another team to pay Bell's bloated salary, a bit like what was done with Brock Osweiler a few years back.

And yet, the Jets may still struggle to find takers, even under those conditions.

There’s damn near zero percent chance he gets traded. There’s only two teams that even remotely make sense.

Patriots - seems highly unlikely in their current situation 

Bucs - A solid fit except the Bucs are dead last in the league in terms of cap space. So unless the Jets want to take on a terrible contract in return not happening. 

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Thing is, I like almost everything about Bell this year. He can handle large volume, he is a good GL back, he is very good as a pass catcher, I still believe he has talent, and the offensive line is improved. I’d be all over him at his ADP in the early 30s.

Yet that googly eyed moron calling the shots is giving me serious doubts. Good lord how Gase has a job is the biggest mystery in football. 

This was obvious months ago. Glad people are finally catching on.

On 3/22/2020 at 12:55 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

I already posted this, all over this dude in full ppr for a reasonable price, like 2/3 turn or later. 

First he is the unquestioned stater, not in a committee and without injury will get nearly 350 touches total, I can only name a few back that will approach those numbers. (CMC, Zeke, Saquon, Cook, Henry). That is the #1 factor you look at when picking a rb.

Second maybe more important than #1, he is heavily involved in the passing game caught 66 last year would have been easily over 70 if he played 16 games. Only (CMC, Eckler, Kamara, Cohen, Fournette, White). I could see white/eckler/possibly cohen taking a step back in their receptions leaving Bell in the top 5 for catches.

Yes his TDs stunk, but those flucuate greatly year by year and the above changes on the line and should be a positive step.  Plus Darnold gets another year and that division just got super weak with brady leaving. 

I don't like that robby anderson is leaving so hopefully they get jeudy and sign 

Biggest, Bell truther from the beginning and I gotta say starting to really cool on him. Unfortunately because of his name value even with all this negative press he will probably still go 35-45 in my draft.

• Thanks 2

Yeah I was higher on Bell a few weeks ago. But all this news added along with Gase being the coach. He’s a DND for me. 

If he somehow is good that’s great, but I don’t feel like dealing with that headache coach all season 

Throw in there are no notes about him on yahoo that are negative. RBs 8-20 are just landmines. Hes gonna go way too early.

Mixon- Migraines, terrible team, rookie qb, gio still there, might be "hurt" to avoid getting hurt.

Drake- edmunds, hurt already

Henry- cant catch

Sanders- Already hurt and Boston Scott is a thing.

Chubb- Has Hunt eating all his catches

Jacobs- See Sanders 

Fournette- Terrible team, will he stay healthy. I actually like him a lot, but hes moving up the board.

Conner- Broken man last year, could be a steal or huge bust.

David Johnson- Does he still have it?

I don’t give a rip about Gase or any bad press he gets. I’m confident Bell will get his 18-20 touches a game and that’s all he needs to be a very good rb. Fact remains Bell is a ppr maven. I expect 5-7 targets, 10-15 rushes per game. I take Bell round 3-4 whenever I can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Throw in there are no notes about him on yahoo that are negative. RBs 8-20 are just landmines. Hes gonna go way too early.

Mixon- Migraines, terrible team, rookie qb, gio still there, might be "hurt" to avoid getting hurt.

Drake- edmunds, hurt already

Henry- cant catch

Sanders- Already hurt and Boston Scott is a thing.

Chubb- Has Hunt eating all his catches

Jacobs- See Sanders 

Fournette- Terrible team, will he stay healthy. I actually like him a lot, but hes moving up the board.

Conner- Broken man last year, could be a steal or huge bust.

David Johnson- Does he still have it?

All those rbs should be good barring injuries.

5 hours ago, Gohawks said:

There’s damn near zero percent chance he gets traded. There’s only two teams that even remotely make sense.

Patriots - seems highly unlikely in their current situation 

Bucs - A solid fit except the Bucs are dead last in the league in terms of cap space. So unless the Jets want to take on a terrible contract in return not happening. 

The Eagles, if (and only if) the Miles Sanders injury is worse than they're letting on.

The deal would look something like Bell for Alshon Jeffery and some odds or ends. 

The contracts sort of match up, with Alshon costing a bit more to cut next year (10M vs 4M).  Also Bell is the better player.

The situations match up, The Jets are very thin at WR, the Eagles are very thin at RB if Miles Sanders is seriously injured.

The GMs could easly work together, as Jets GM Joe Douglas and Eagles GM Howie Roseman know each other pretty well...

Bell played his heart out for the Jets last year, and is probably their best offensive weapon.   It would be idiotic for the Jets to trade Bell.   Which is another reason why it could happen...

Alshon would have to pass a physical.  

3 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

The Eagles, if (and only if) the Miles Sanders injury is worse than they're letting on.

The deal would look something like Bell for Alshon Jeffery and some odds or ends. 

The contracts sort of match up, with Alshon costing a bit more to cut next year (10M vs 4M).  Also Bell is the better player.

The situations match up, The Jets are very thin at WR, the Eagles are very thin at RB if Miles Sanders is seriously injured.

The GMs could easly work together, as Jets GM Joe Douglas and Eagles GM Howie Roseman know each other pretty well...

Bell played his heart out for the Jets last year, and is probably their best offensive weapon.   It would be idiotic for the Jets to trade Bell.   Which is another reason why it could happen...

Alshon would have to pass a physical.  

The biggest reason this probably wouldn’t happen. Makes perfect sense otherwise.

Reputations are on the line and so they're gonna have to keep rolling him out there. Not excited about having him on my team though.

12 hours ago, joshua18 said:

The biggest reason this probably wouldn’t happen. Makes perfect sense otherwise.

It only makes sense if the Sanders injury is a lot more severe then they’re making it seem. Otherwise, it still makes no sense.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

It only makes sense if the Sanders injury is a lot more severe then they’re making it seem. Otherwise, it still makes no sense.

Ironcock said this at the beginning of his post. 

Still think Gore won’t affect Bell’s volume?

Edited by joshua18

On 8/17/2020 at 5:58 PM, joshua18 said:

Anyone thinking Bell is getting a bellcow workload with Gore there deserves what they get if they draft him. I’m warning you while you still have time to avoid the Gase trap...

There’s still time to do the right thing, but it’s running out...

The Athletic's Connor Hughes writes Frank Gore has been "the most productive back" at Jets training camp.

"I know Le’Veon Bell is the all-pro, highest-paid, big-play guy with the all-world reputation," Hughes writes, "but the Jets are getting far more production out of Gore. He receives the handoff, finds the hole, then gets through. That’s not the case with Bell." The Jets undoubtedly upgraded its talent in the trenches, signing Connor McGovern and George Fant on top of drafting Mekhi Becton with the No. 11 overall pick, but there are still concerns over cohesiveness given the lack of reps all will receive together in a shortened offseason. Bell will undoubtedly lead this backfield in touches, but Gore projects to do just enough to stifle any ceiling the former would otherwise offer.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Ironcock said this at the beginning of his post. 

Still think Gore won’t affect Bell’s volume?

47 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

There’s still time to do the right thing, but it’s running out...

The Athletic's Connor Hughes writes Frank Gore has been "the most productive back" at Jets training camp.

"I know Le’Veon Bell is the all-pro, highest-paid, big-play guy with the all-world reputation," Hughes writes, "but the Jets are getting far more production out of Gore. He receives the handoff, finds the hole, then gets through. That’s not the case with Bell." The Jets undoubtedly upgraded its talent in the trenches, signing Connor McGovern and George Fant on top of drafting Mekhi Becton with the No. 11 overall pick, but there are still concerns over cohesiveness given the lack of reps all will receive together in a shortened offseason. Bell will undoubtedly lead this backfield in touches, but Gore projects to do just enough to stifle any ceiling the former would otherwise offer.

At this point, I think the Jets should just try to find a team to trade for Bell if they're not going to make him the main rb.  Having him in a committee with 37 year old Frank Gore which very well could happen would be ridiculous.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

At this point, I think the Jets should just try to find a team to trade for Bell if they're not going to make him the main rb.  Having him in a committee with 37 year old Frank Gore which very well could happen would be ridiculous.

Everything about this player, since September of 2018, has been ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

You can call me crazy, but I wouldn't trade Akers straight up for Bell right now. I think this entire Jets offense is going to be a mess.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Everything about this player, since his horrid "music" career started, has been ridiculous.

Marble Mouf Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Moosh Mouth Mike") mumbles in agreement.

Kinda feel sorry to watch guys like Bell just cascade through a Barrell of bad decision a d terrible luck to end their careers.

Bell held out from Pitt, who was a SB contender, wasted a year of his prime career with a SB contending team and then signs for pretty good money to go to one of the worst teams in football with one of the most egotistical, perplexing, and terrible head coaches the NFL has ever had.

Gase proceeds to almost immediately talk smack about Bells contract, even saying he wished they hadn't made that deal, he brings in Frank Gore, trades for Kallen Ballage who was about to be released, drafts Lamichael Perine. Now Bell is stuck in one of the ugliest time shares in the NFL and his career trajectory has flipped completely from if he had stayed in Pittsburgh. 

I often wonder if he just played out his contract with Pitt and then signed another short term deal if he would have come out with about the same amount of money but with a chance to win a couple more rings.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Kinda feel sorry to watch guys like Bell just cascade through a Barrell of bad decision a d terrible luck to end their careers.

Bell held out from Pitt, who was a SB contender, wasted a year of his prime career with a SB contending team and then signs for pretty good money to go to one of the worst teams in football with one of the most egotistical, perplexing, and terrible head coaches the NFL has ever had.

Gase proceeds to almost immediately talk smack about Bells contract, even saying he wished they hadn't made that deal, he brings in Frank Gore, trades for Kallen Ballage who was about to be released, drafts Lamichael Perine. Now Bell is stuck in one of the ugliest time shares in the NFL and his career trajectory has flipped completely from if he had stayed in Pittsburgh. 

I often wonder if he just played out his contract with Pitt and then signed another short term deal if he would have come out with about the same amount of money but with a chance to win a couple more rings.

We offered him something along 5 years/70 mill. It just wasn’t loaded with guarantees like he wanted. He chased the green instead of the ring, that’s on him. 

51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

the only chances he woulda had at a ring was if he signed with the Pats or Chiefs ... Moosh Mouth Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Marble Mouf Mike") had THREE h.o.f. talents on offense in their prime years, and a respectable defense - yet never sniffed a ring. 

he's playing Tiddly Winks against the 4-D chess the likes of which Hoodie and (to a lesser extent) KoolAid are playing ... to call him over matched is an understatement.

no.  never a ring again in Stiller Town as long as that googly eyed under achiever is at the helm. 

/ovah

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the only chances he woulda had at a ring was if he signed with the Pats or Chiefs ... Moosh Mouth Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Marble Mouf Mike") had THREE h.o.f. talents on offense in their prime years, and a respectable defense - yet never sniffed a ring. 

he's playing Tiddly Winks against the 4-D chess the likes of which Hoodie and (to a lesser extent) KoolAid are playing ... to call him over matched is an understatement.

no.  never a ring again in Stiller Town as long as that googly eyed under achiever is at the helm. 

/ovah

I’m not a huge tomlin fan, but our defense was a** cheeks during the best years of our offense. Bell and brown never seemed to be healthy for the playoffs a few years in a row, and 2017 was the only year they both lined up well, and the season ending injury to shazier ruined our defense. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

I’m not a huge tomlin fan, but our defense was a** cheeks during the best years of our offense. Bell and brown never seemed to be healthy for the playoffs a few years in a row, and 2017 was the only year they both lined up well, and the season ending injury to shazier ruined our defense. 

there's always an excuse for that clown, and it's tiring ... guy's a glorified positions coach. 

full. stop. 

The Steelers owned KC for years during the Tomlin/Reid eras.  Steelers beat them in the playoffs in KC, at least twice that I can recall.

Tomlin is fine.  He's more of a motivator and leader than he is an intricate Xs and Os type.  Remember also that Pittsburgh barely lost to Baltimore last year, despite their league-worst QB situation.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1