• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mverkruyse said:

The stat is obfuscating context in the same way that saying "LeVeon has never had a top 15 season outside Pittsburgh" does.

It can be simplified even further.

Le'Veon Bell has never finished worse than 16th when he plays at least 7 games.

Currently the 18th RB off the board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Speaking Tuesday, Jets coach Adam Gase said he wanted to do a better job of utilizing Le'Veon Bell as a receiver. 

Considering the Jets' dire personnel and injury issues at wideout, this is Gase's way of admitting he has no choice. "I feel like we can find better ways to get him the ball to help him create more explosive plays," Gase said. "We can get him in space better than we did last year." 

That's what we need as Bell owners: Gase feeling total hopelessness. I don't care if it's pretty, I just care that the ball is in Bell's hands.

• Like 1

I think Bell is probably being too harshly criticized at this point, but at the same time, it's gross to think about him outside of a PPR format with Gase and Gore. I feel like his production could be replaced by random waiver wire RB X. Hell, Wayne Gallman outscored Bell in his one full game as a starter last year. However, can you really argue with his consistency in this RB landscape? To me, he becomes what Fournette was last year for the Jags. If you're at least half PPR, could you really do wrong with him as a RB3/FLEX?

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan

[Full Disclosure: bias owner of Bell and Decades-Long Suffering Jets Season Ticket Holder]

The Truth is this...

- 2019 was a complete and utter mess for the entire Jets organization from the gate when Sam Darnold got the kissing disease (only the Jets)

- Le'Veon had ZERO room to run behind a historically awful OLine and against stacked box

- Played the first quarter of the season with a 3rd-String QB who should never be on an NFL field. Ever. (completely blown-out in each game/game script)

- McCaffrey, Fournette, Kamara are the only true RBs who had more targets than Bell -- Gase looking to get him more this year. Scary in PPR

(**4 games of 9+ Targets last season)

- That historically awful OLine has been completely revamped -- if you have yet to see the LARGEST Human in the NFL, look up Mt. Mekhi - new LT

- Le'Veon was a leader for this team in the darkest of times last year -- when everything went to crap, he was a positive force keeping the team together while continuously fighting of any and every inch the Oline would give him. Despite getting absolutely PUMMELED in the backfield on every handoff. Much Respect. 

- The Jets upgraded skill positions, and when healthy (Perriman/Denzel Mims) should be much improved - Chris Herndon healthy and having a great camp is huge for this offense

- In year three, Sam Darnold is expected to make a significant jump behind an NFL Oline

- Having Frank Gore's wisdom and experience in that locker room will only help everyone

- Bell says he's in the best shape of his life and is expecting his best year of his career (find the boxing videos -- dude is JACKED)

- Bell is playing with something to prove -- HUGE Chip on his shoulder

So let him slide at your own risk....

PPR: will be in the Top 10 conversation

[RB2 with RB1 Production]

Prediction: 1200yds/10 TDs - 70/600+/3

(I'll see myself out 👀)

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Spina said:

[Full Disclosure: bias owner of Bell and Decades-Long Suffering Jets Season Ticket Holder]

The Truth is this...

- 2019 was a complete and utter mess for the entire Jets organization from the gate when Sam Darnold got the kissing disease (only the Jets)

- Le'Veon had ZERO room to run behind a historically awful OLine and against stacked box

- Played the first quarter of the season with a 3rd-String QB who should never be on an NFL field. Ever. (completely blown-out in each game/game script)

- McCaffrey, Fournette, Kamara are the only true RBs who had more targets than Bell -- Gase looking to get him more this year. Scary in PPR

- That historically awful OLine has been completely revamped -- if you have yet to see the LARGEST Human in the NFL, look up Mt. Mekhi - new LT

- Le'Veon was a leader for this team in the darkest of times last year -- when everything went to crap, he was a positive force keeping the team together while continuously fighting of any and every inch the Oline would give him. Despite getting absolutely PUMMELED in the backfield on every handoff. Much Respect. 

- The Jets upgraded skill positions, and when healthy (Perriman/Denzel Mims) should be much improved - Chris Herndon healthy and having a great camp is huge for this offense

- In year three, Sam Darnold is expected to make a significant jump behind an NFL Oline

- Having Frank Gore's wisdom and experience in that locker room will only help everyone

- Bell says he's in the best shape of his life and is expecting his best year of his career (find the boxing videos -- dude is JACKED)

(I'll see myself out 👀)

Even though he is getting a 60-40 split with gore all training camp?

2 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Even though he is getting a 60-40 split with gore all training camp?

Realistically speaking, a 60/40 split, would only mathematically calculate out to 10 lost carries, if you extrapolate last years carries, across a full 16 games.  As long as he doesn't lose goal line work or targets/receptions he should be fine.  Seeing as how he only scored 4 TDs last year, with only 5 carrier inside the 5 yard line (71% of the team) it's hard to imagine he can have less TDs.  And it's laughable to suggest that Gore will pose more of a threat to Bell's targets than Powell and Montgomery did last year (29 targets, which was 27% of team RB targets, Bell had the other 73%.

People so easily forget, that almost every backfield, is already a 70/30 split.  A 'BellCow' is lucky to get 80% in today's NFL.
Zeke was at 77% last year, Henry was 82%.  Barkley and Cook both missed games, so the numbers would be skewed.  Kamara barely carries the ball as it is.
Honestly, CMC is the only true bellcow in the league at 92%.

The only real question to ask yourself... is CAN the Jets be worse than last year?  If not, then Bell's RB16 finish should be his floor.

• Like 2

Reluctantly hanging onto him in Dynasty. He's 28 years old, plays for Gase and hasn't had a big season in two years. He's been reported as slow at camp, has a 35 year old RB on his heels and was rumored to be not getting along with his coach 

I can't trade him now any easier than I could trade a bag of used diapers on a hot summer's day.

I hoping he finds his pride that was abundant during his Steelers contract squabbles.

21 hours ago, Spina said:

The Truth is this...

(I'll see myself out 👀)

I’m thinking more like 900 rushing yards and 80/600 receiving with 10 total TDs putting him to be at 250 pts at the end of the season.

Still very high compared to last season but it’ll be Low end RB1 production.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

The only real question to ask yourself... is CAN the Jets be worse than last year?  If not, then Bell's RB16 finish should be his floor.

The other question I ask “is Bell on the decline?”  The guy I saw on the jets last year didn’t have the same elusiveness as the Bell who dominated with the Steelers.  Running backs tend to trail off fast.  I know he’s only 28 but he doesn’t look the same as he was to my eye.  I’m not drafting him early.  

19 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

The other question I ask “is Bell on the decline?”  The guy I saw on the jets last year didn’t have the same elusiveness as the Bell who dominated with the Steelers.  Running backs tend to trail off fast.  I know he’s only 28 but he doesn’t look the same as he was to my eye.  I’m not drafting him early.  

he had never looked this good before. We don’t see a regression in him from an individual perspective. Last year was his first season back from a full year off. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Reluctantly hanging onto him in Dynasty. He's 28 years old, plays for Gase and hasn't had a big season in two years. He's been reported as slow at camp, has a 35 year old RB on his heels and was rumored to be not getting along with his coach 

I can't trade him now any easier than I could trade a bag of used diapers on a hot summer's day.

I hoping he finds his pride that was abundant during his Steelers contract squabbles.

Last year was a disaster so I’ll give Bell a break there. The offensive futility was been well-discussed. He also never looked very sharp, which I attribute to the year off. 
Bell has never looked fast with his running style. Extremely patient hitting the hole, & has a gliding type of running where he doesn’t look like he’s putting in effort even though he’s making yardage. 
Gore is 37, no speed, & almost no threat to Bell’s receiving usage. He’ll mostly be used on inside runs to take the punishment so Bell doesn’t have to. GL may be an issue, but Bell can’t possibly score less than last year, RIGHT? 😳

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Last year was a disaster so I’ll give Bell a break there. The offensive futility was been well-discussed. He also never looked very sharp, which I attribute to the year off. 
Bell has never looked fast with his running style. Extremely patient hitting the hole, & has a gliding type of running where he doesn’t look like he’s putting in effort even though he’s making yardage. 
Gore is 37, no speed, & almost no threat to Bell’s receiving usage. He’ll mostly be used on inside runs to take the punishment so Bell doesn’t have to. GL may be an issue, but Bell can’t possibly score less than last year, RIGHT? 😳

See, I read it differently. Bell isn't fast, sure that's true. So if Bell looks slow by Bell's standards then that's a problem.

The fact that Gore looks good at 37 compared to Bell is another troubling sign.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just pointing out some troubling signs. Can he score less than last year? Who the hell knows with this guy. Football seemed to stop being a priority when he felt it was time to get paid. He looks like a guy who may have lost his edge. We will see.

• Like 1
On 8/18/2020 at 1:20 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

You forgot one thing: 2019 is not Bell's floor. The Jests will still be terrible, and now Gore is there. 2020 will be Bell's new, lower floor. Then, and that will in 2021, Bell will not be on any NFL team be his yet lower floor.

It's all about spotting trends.

Wait!! So I just spend the last half hour reading this thread from the very beginning and after dismissing your constant talking points bashing Leveon, I had to stop and reply to this one....☝️

You're saying Le'Veon Bell will be so bad this year that he won't be in the NFL NEXT YEAR?? Noted. Clown.

Reading your posts I thought to myself....

"Never listen to a thing this person says..." -- the 'gem' above has now confirmed this.

10 minutes ago, Spina said:

Wait!! So I just spend the last half hour reading this thread from the very beginning and after dismissing your constant talking points bashing Leveon, I had to stop and reply to this one....☝️

You're saying Le'Veon Bell will be so bad this year that he won't be in the NFL NEXT YEAR?? Noted. Clown.

"Never listen to a thing this person says..." -- the 'gem' above has now confirmed this.

Go easy on him. He might be dealing with a rare disease called: Reachitisbustosis19

15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Go easy on him. He might be dealing with a rare disease called: Reachitisbustosis19

Nahh...you make the claim Le'Veon Bell will be out of the NFL after this year...you get tarred and feathered. 

Also land squarely on my 'DNL List'.

[Do Not Listen to List]

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

I have been trying to warn people away from Bell since September of 2018.  You are welcome to go back and read those threads.  They were actually quite a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, Spina said:

Well Bell has no more guaranteed money in his contract after 2020.  So he certainly will not be on the Jets.  And, since the Jets were the one and only team dumb enough to sign Bell prior to the 2019 season, who else is left?  After this season, when he is two years older and coming off of back-to-back poor seasons?  Remember, decent in fantasy in ppr scoring is essentially unacceptable for real life football production, especially for the amount the Jets are paying.

Tell you what, report back to the 2021 Bell outlook thread a year from now and eat some crow when it turns out I am correct.  I will do the same if the reverse is true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Spina said:

Nahh...you make the claim Le'Veon Bell will be out of the NFL after this year...you get tarred and feathered. 

Also land squarely on my 'DNL List'.

[Do Not Listen to List]

I was only joking around. 🤣

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Well Bell has no more guaranteed money in his contract after 2020.  So he certainly will not be on the Jets.  And, since the Jets were the one and only team dumb enough to sign Bell prior to the 2019 season, who else is left?  After this season, when he is two years older and coming off of back-to-back poor seasons?  Remember, decent in fantasy in ppr scoring is essentially unacceptable for real life football production, especially for the amount the Jets are paying.

Tell you what, report back to the 2021 Bell outlook thread a year from now and eat some crow when it turns out I am correct.  I will do the same if the reverse is true.

Hmmm other teams didn't sign him because of his asking price. He will have the same choice as everyone else: take an offer on the table or don't play. 

Edited by Spyplane
58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I have been trying to warn people away from Bell since September of 2018.  You are welcome to go back and read those threads.  They were actually quite a lot of fun.

(I'm not really a fantasy football doctor, I just play one on TV)

On 9/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Nguvocity said:

he had never looked this good before. We don’t see a regression in him from an individual perspective. Last year was his first season back from a full year off. 

Surefire 1st round pick in jump rope leagues.

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic