• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

Some people pretty rough on Bell in here, but it's not very fair. Dude was playing with Quarterbacks last season that no human should ever hear from again in terms of football. The Jets entire offensive line is new except Alex Lewis, as they spent a bundle on Oline in free agency including two very good players last season in Van Rotten and McGovern, and of course took the absolute freak of nature Becton in the draft. Then throw in that Herndon is fiiiiinnnaaallly back.I really think Bell bounces back fine honestly. Gore will get some runs because he is old reliable, but he's dead in the water for receiving ability.

3 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Some people pretty rough on Bell in here, but it's not very fair. Dude was playing with Quarterbacks last season that no human should ever hear from again in terms of football. The Jets entire offensive line is new except Alex Lewis, as they spent a bundle on Oline in free agency including two very good players last season in Van Rotten and McGovern, and of course took the absolute freak of nature Becton in the draft. Then throw in that Herndon is fiiiiinnnaaallly back.I really think Bell bounces back fine honestly. Gore will get some runs because he is old reliable, but he's dead in the water for receiving ability.

tenor.gif?itemid=15359282

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15359282

Man, that situation is so unfair to him. He was coming back from 4 weeks out with Mono and has to face the best pass protection team in the NFL with the worst receivers and Oline in the NFL, on a team that had pretty much given up. Geeeesh Darnold finished the season strong, even taking out 2 top 5 defenses in the Bills and Steelers to end the year.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

I’m high on Bell, is it depending on Gase and his dumb ways? Sure, but I’m optimistic Bell’s talent will win out. Those posts of the great shape he is in are undeniable.  

How high, this high?

original.gif

Or flying taco high?

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1

First year owning Bell.  I passed up Connor and Ingram for Bell in a PPR.  As long as he holds up 16 games, you will see 60 catches, over 1000 all purpose yards.  And 3 TDs last year with 300 carries is just unlucky.  TDs will be up. 

A consistent RB2 all year is money in PPR. And have you seen Bell lately, he acts and looks different. He’s been training hard.  The only thorn is Coach Gase. But Bell is last of the true bellcows. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 9/4/2020 at 11:50 AM, Spina said:

[Full Disclosure: bias owner of Bell and Decades-Long Suffering Jets Season Ticket Holder]

- The Jets upgraded skill positions, and when healthy (Perriman/Denzel Mims) should be much improved - Chris Herndon healthy and having a great camp is huge for this offense

In what timeline is Breshad Perriman an upgrade over anyone, let alone Robby Anderson?

Edited by clamzoopa
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, clamzoopa said:

In what timeline is Breshad Perriman an upgrade over anyone, let alone Robby Anderson?

Breshad Perriman, son of Brett Perriman who starred opposite Herman Moore for the Detroit Lions. Albeit brief, he was force to be reckoned with on the outside. And did you see what his super-sperm did in the last 5 weeks of the 2019 season? He averaged 5/101/1. It isn't like Robby Anderson has had a spectacular career.

22 minutes ago, clamzoopa said:

ANSWER: this current timeline you're living in

Ask any Jets Fan who's watched every snap of Robby Anderson's career, and they will tell you he was replacement-level -- was never a fan.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Breshad Perriman, son of Brett Perriman who starred opposite Herman Moore for the Detroit Lions. Albeit brief, he was force to be reckoned with on the outside. And did you see what his super-sperm did in the last 5 weeks of the 2019 season? He averaged 5/101/1. It isn't like Robby Anderson has had a spectacular career.

True.  But in the other 9 games he averaged like 1/16/.111.  What am I missing?  Okay, Robby Anderson is nothing special - WR2/3 depending on the team - but last year was Perriman's career year.  Anderson failed to meet that yardage total once, his rookie year, and surpassed receptions every time.  So, how again is that much improved?

In all honesty, I used a few bucks and picked up Frank Gore in my deep league...

I've got a weird feeling that Gore is going to be taking over this backfield at some point, whether by injury or by LeVeon ousting himself from Gase or vice versa.

• Haha 1

Bell went for more money than Jonathan Taylor in my auction league.  Bless his heart.

This time next year, I do not believe the value of those two players will be in the same stratosphere.

5 hours ago, CORTEz said:

I've got a weird feeling that Gore is going to be taking over this backfield at some point, whether by injury or by LeVeon ousting himself from Gase or vice versa.

This fear of Gore has now gotten ridiculous...🤦🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

The threat of a 37yo dinosaur taking over for bell or even cutting into his work is absurd 

A 37 year old that only knows one thing now, run straight forward risking life for 3.5 yards. God Bless Gore, it's amazing he is still so fearless at this age, but almost no running back in the NFL has a longer string than Bell. Gore will get a few runs a game for his straightforward missile approach, but he provides 0 playmaking or receiving ability at this point in his career. Bell will get every chance possible to show something this year, or they'll just draft a new running back in 2021.

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic