• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

I mean, any volume back should have value, even when they're on bad teams. But a back who just isn't being used properly can return none, or very little, of their production potential. Look no further then Mixon in all games this year except yesterday. So whether it's Darnold or not may have little impact if Gase is still stinking everything up. I considered making a buy low offer on Le'Veon myself a week ago but decided the guaranteed headache wasn't worth the hopeful production. I know this isn't helpful to people who do own Bell - but I'm just not convinced there is a consolation prize waiting for them.

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Haha 1

If Gase would just get out of Bells way I think he would be fine. During his IR Gase has given Gore 21 carries in blowout losses, that never happens with Bell as they just abandon the run. At Pitt Bell was like getting a free rec on top of being a back, but Gase doesn't use him properly. They could line him up in the slot, move him around, but Gase is horrible. I also feel like when Darnold is in there he rarely looks Bells way in the passing game, but a year ago when the backup was in Bell starting getting more passes and then when Darnold came back it disappeared. I like the idea of Flaco checking down to Bell. They need to just get Bell into space a few times a game and give him a chance. Bell might not be what he once was, but he isn't as bad as he has shown as a jet. He has to be one of the most mismanaged players I have seen in a while. I almost feel like Gase doesn't want him to succeed.

Well, for 3 weeks all the other backs got their shots and some got plenty of carries like Gore and did nothing. I was hoping to hear Bell was off IR and practicing today so I can make moves and know if I should use a wavier or not, but haven't seen anything and yahoo took his projection points from 13+ to 0. I am ready to bench Drake so I hope Bell is cleared. I also really hope Gase gets fired soon he is the absolute worse. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Bell’s floor is higher with Flacco starting IMO.

Agreed. Flaaco knows how to utilize his RB in the passing game as well (see ray rice)

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

With Gore there, not going to happen.

I doubt Gore sees anymore than 3-5 touches a game once Leveon has the all clear and is eased back in. However, we are talking about Gase here so who knows...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, harck said:

I doubt Gore sees anymore than 3-5 touches a game once Leveon has the all clear and is eased back in. However, we are talking about Gase here so who knows...

Exactly. in the first half of week 1. He was over 70%-80% of the snaps... Until he got injured... Got the nice 30 yd catch too

37 minutes ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

Gase is coaching for his job. He can’t be so dumb as to not use Le’Veon as his Bell cow once he’s back...right? 

Mike Mularkey rode demarco murray over Henry to the unemployment line.  Nfl coaches dont like others to tell them how to run their team.  Too big of egos. 

Not a peep in the news about Bell today. He's still on IR so not sure if I use my 1 wavier spot or not. I figured he would be back so I can't pick anyone up, but thought he would be taken off of IR today. I think he is back this week, but with Gase and the Jets who knows. What a nightmare franchise. 

1 hour ago, Rideordiecowboy said:

Not a peep in the news about Bell today. He's still on IR so not sure if I use my 1 wavier spot or not. I figured he would be back so I can't pick anyone up, but thought he would be taken off of IR today. I think he is back this week, but with Gase and the Jets who knows. What a nightmare franchise. 

One of the reasons the Jets are a nightmare franchise is that they foolishly signed Bell after he had been out of football for a full year.

It did not work out very well in 2019 and, predictably, this season has gone even worse.

When are you people going to finally realize that 2017 Bell is never coming back?  Never.

2017 Bell had a first-ballot HoFer at QB, a top 5 offensive line, and the no. 1 WR in all of football on the field with him.

You are NOT going to get low end RB2 production out of this guy in 2020, 2021, or 2022.  It is not happening.  Sell him for scraps based on name value, leave this thread, and let's have the mods lock this thing up.

28 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

One of the reasons the Jets are a nightmare franchise is that they foolishly signed Bell after he had been out of football for a full year.

It did not work out very well in 2019 and, predictably, this season has gone even worse.

When are you people going to finally realize that 2017 Bell is never coming back?  Never.

2017 Bell had a first-ballot HoFer at QB, a top 5 offensive line, and the no. 1 WR in all of football on the field with him.

You are NOT going to get low end RB2 production out of this guy in 2020, 2021, or 2022.  It is not happening.  Sell him for scraps based on name value, leave this thread, and let's have the mods lock this thing up.

cool story bro, see ya later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic