Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

Just now, yanksman said:

I am guessing run heavy teams like Colts, 49ers, Eagles may get in the mix.

Niners are my team, I'd be shocked if they showed interest.  RB is the only position that isn't a miserable disappointment this year.  They need help badly on the O'Line and Secondary.  It's just not a move Lynch would make with the other glaring needs.

4 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I don't know, they have a squad this year, I think they'd let bygones be bygones.  Last year was a lost season, and they'd likely do whatever it took to avoid that.  I'm not predicting Pittsburgh, I think he'll stay in New York, just trying to outline the possibilities.  Bell knowing the offense is worth something, I would think.

Does this sound like someone focused on winning games and willing to roll with the Steeler way? Bell in regards to the Steelers:

They don’t treat you like you’re human. What I mean by that is like, yeah, I’m an NFL athlete, but still I’m a human being. You know what I’m saying? I still play video games, I still make music. They don’t want to allow you to be yourself. They want you to be, if you’re a Steelers, you’re literally playing football 24/7. You’re not supposed to be playing video games and like making music, playing basketball. You’re not supposed to be doing that. You’re supposed to be working out.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

is he a buy low in hopes of him revitalizing his career... kinda like last year's drake. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

is he a buy low in hopes of him revitalizing his career... kinda like last year's drake. 

Drake was hungry.

Just now, Spyplane said:

Drake was hungry.

Drake was also much more efficient last year in Miami than Bell this year in NYC.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Does this sound like someone focused on winning games and willing to roll with the Steeler way? Bell in regards to the Steelers:

Fair point, but the guy just wanted to get paid, and I'm guessing his miserable existence in New York might make him appreciate a winning culture and realize what he had in Pittsburgh.  Maybe not though, be curious to hear what his thoughts would be about a reunion with them.  Whether Pitt would still hold the grudge is another question, but I don't think they would, they want to win.

I honestly don't see him getting traded, no one is in that high demand for a 28 year old RB who is tied to that salary. 

But for speculation fun I'll throw in Cleveland. They won't have to rush Chubb back (pun intended) and can keep him in a split role with Hunt. He's plenty capable as a receiver too which keeps the playcalling fluid. But this is a pipedream...

Edited by TwoCan Sam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Fair point, but the guy just wanted to get paid, and I'm guessing his miserable existence in New York might make him appreciate a winning culture and realize what he had in Pittsburgh.  Maybe not though, be curious to hear what his thoughts would be about a reunion with them.  Whether Pitt would still hold the grudge is another question, but I don't think they would, they want to win.

If a team wants to win, bringing in Le'Veon Bell is going in the opposite direction.

Just now, The_Truth_Returns said:

He got his money and alienated himself with most of his former team and their fans. Principal alone should block them from trading for the guy and completing that contract they weren't willing to give him.

4 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I honestly don't see him getting traded, no one is in that high demand for a 28 year old RB who is tied to that salary. 

But for speculation fun I'll throw in Cleveland. They won't have to rush Chubb back (pun intended) and can keep him in a split role with Hunt. He's plenty capable as a receiver too which keeps the playcalling fluid. I think it would be a great fit. 

There is not one single team in the NFL with which Le'Veon Bell would be a great fit.  And that obviously includes the New York Jets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There is not one single team in the NFL with which Le'Veon Bell would be a great fit.  And that obviously includes the New York Jets.

Denver had an eye on Bell while he was in trade talks. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

A)  That quote was from last season;

and

B )  BB always gushes over opponents, often unwarrantedly.  Like in this case.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Rare praise coming for Gase: he was 100% right about the stupidity of this signing.

Have you ever noticed it tends to only be the poorly-run franchises who sign these aging RBs to long-term big contracts?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Rare praise coming for Gase: he was 100% right about the stupidity of this signing.

Have you ever noticed it tends to only be the poorly-run franchises who sign these aging RBs to long-term big contracts?

'Get rich quick' schemes.

34 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Drake was also much more efficient last year in Miami than Bell this year in NYC.

Wild conclusion from the 19 rushing attempts Bell has had this year.

Edited by TheDoctor

If you squint, Seattle, Detroit, and Washington sort of make sense. A complementary piece and insurance policy for Seattle. Potential upgrade in a must-win season for Patricia and Quinn. Also potential upgrade to compete in the division for WFT.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

'Get rich quick' schemes.

11e7d55d7493ab956bee06d0809eac93--ruth-m

9 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He was 27 when he signed with a year off from football. Signed through the age of 30, which is the magic age RB careers die unless you are named Frank Gore. It wasn't a horrible contract in my opinion for a top tier RB. Maybe Pittsburgh contributed to his production, but the Jets haven't done any RB favors in that offense with that horrible O-line.

Bears could make sense. Only place that has a clear opening with the Tarik Cohen role. I'd take that as a Bell owner cause he may be able to carve into D Mont's role as well. I dont see anyplace where he wouldn't be in a timeshare though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joebaker23 said:

They've been trying to trade him since May of 2019 after signing him in March of 2019.  Don't blame Gase, blame the dysfunctional ownership who waited until after free agency and the draft in 2019 to fire the GM.

• Like 2

Just now, ukdesi said:

Bears could make sense. Only place that has a clear opening with the Tarik Cohen role. I'd take that as a Bell owner cause he may be able to carve into D Mont's role as well. I dont see anyplace where he wouldn't be in a timeshare though.

And Pace knows he's getting canned so I wouldn't put it past him to make one more horrible move.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

looking more likely

Gotta feature the dude if they want to trade him. That hasn't been happening when they trot out Frank Gore for 9 touches.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Gotta feature the dude if they want to trade him. That hasn't been happening when they trot out Frank Gore for 9 touches.

They've been trying to make sure he doesn't get hurt.  Hence the light load in training camp, and the IR for a hamstring injury.