Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

If, by some miracle, the Jets are able to trade Le'Veon Bell to another NFL team, Bell will fall on his face for the new team just as badly or worse than he did for the Jets.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Was reading team that trades for him just owes 6 mil the rest of the way and has the option of cutting him end of year with the Jets taking the cap hit. If the Jets are truly just shopping for a 5th to 7th rounder this is going to be a no brainer for many teams looking for a playoff push.

• Haha 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

If, by some miracle, the Jets are able to trade Le'Veon Bell to another NFL team, Bell will fall in his face for the new team just as badly or worse than he did for the Jets.

Bell in your head:

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, harck said:

Was reading team that trades for him just owes 6 mil the rest of the way and has the option of cutting him end of year with the Jets taking the cap hit. If the Jets are truly just shopping for a 5th to 7th rounder this is going to be a no brainer for many teams looking for a playoff push.

The only no-brainer would be a decision not to get involved with this headache in any way, shape, or form.

Miami or Buffalo would be best case for him, but I doubt the Jets end up trading him to division rivals. Pats too. The irony that all 3 division rivals are probably his best landing spots lmao. Maybe Gase is that boneheaded though.

Edited by harck

If the jets eat some of the contract maybe patriots would be interested, they love the old divas

Trading Bell to a division rival would be a great move.  Bell has nothing left on the field, and off the field he is a cancer and a distraction because he publicly feuds with his coach over social media.

Think TB and KC might be sleepers to come in and swoop him. KC still wants to utilize a second back, and Williams has been horrible. TB is bouncing between Fournette and Jones, but honestly, Bell is just a better version of Jones.

Edited by harck
  • Haha 1

Cards or Bears make a lot of sense. Then a long list of teams that could use depth at the position due to injuries. A perfect fit for dysfunctional would be the Bucs.

• Haha 1

Bell is better than Ronald Jones?  In what way?  Please, pray tell.

• Thanks 1

I guess this is a great time to trade Bell.  Find a clueless team manager in your league who believes Bell will be traded to a contender and achieve instant mid-range RB2 status!

1 minute ago, harck said:

Think TB and KC might be sleepers to come in and swoop him. KC still wants to utilize a second back, and Williams has been horrible. TB is bouncing between Fournette and Jones, but honestly, Bell is just a better version of Jones.

KC didn't want him last year when reporters asked about it.

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is one of the best pass catching backs in the game. Ronald Jones has bricks for hands. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

At the very least Bell is much better than Ronald Jones and Fournette at pass protection. 

I doubt Tampa is trading for Bell at mid-Covid season, paying a few million extra at RB and dealing with any headaches Bell might cause.   

The Jets aren't getting squat for Bell, Devonta Freeman was a free agent until a few weeks ago.  Yeah he was team shopping a bit, but the league is full of RB talent right now.

On a side note, I don't think Bell is shot at all, the Jets are just trash.  In the right situation he would still produce as a starter.

4 minutes ago, harck said:

Bell is one of the best pass catching backs in the game. Ronald Jones has bricks for hands. 

I don’t see the bucs dumping any more money into the RB position this season

• Like 1

Only the Jets could trade away Jamal Adams and Leonard Williams but still be holding Le'Veon Bell.  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Cards or Bears make a lot of sense. Then a long list of teams that could use depth at the position due to injuries. A perfect fit for dysfunctional would be the Bucs.

The Bears were the first team I thought of. Montgomery hasn’t been the answer & Bell actually looked pretty good on Sunday. And if the Jets are only looking for a 5th -7th round pick, the Bears GM will probably overspend & send them a 3rd 

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Only the Jets could trade away Jamal Adams and Leonard Williams but still be holding Le'Veon Bell.  😆

Only the Jets could Trade away Leonard Williams and not fire Adam Gase, trade away Jamal Adams and not fire Adam Gase, now trade away Leveon Bell and not fire Adam Gase... and then probably trade away Sam Darnold and not fire Adam Gase. 

Jets need to hurry up and fire Gase so Bill O'Brien can come in and fix this mess. 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

11e7d55d7493ab956bee06d0809eac93--ruth-m

He was 27 when he signed with a year off from football. Signed through the age of 30, which is the magic age RB careers die unless you are named Frank Gore. It wasn't a horrible contract in my opinion for a top tier RB. Maybe Pittsburgh contributed to his production, but the Jets haven't done any RB favors in that offense with that horrible O-line.

They were bidding against themselves. Of course it was a bad deal.

59 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Wild conclusion from the 19 rushing attempts Bell has had this year.

Add that to last year.

This makes trading for him enticing for any contender IMO. Don't owe him much money, and can cut him next year worst case scenario.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

The Bears were the first team I thought of. Montgomery hasn’t been the answer & Bell actually looked pretty good on Sunday. And if the Jets are only looking for a 5th -7th round pick, the Bears GM will probably overspend & send them a 3rd 

Well, Ryan Pace drafted Trubisky and hired Nagy so he'd be the first one to call.

• Like 2

We taking bets here? If so, give me the Cardinals.

I know the Cardinals gave David Johnson a bad contract then moved away from him... but they have Drake looking like a JAG and averaging 3.7 YPC and playing on a one year transition tag, so there isn't commitment there. 

Maybe more importantly, their runningback coach is James Saxon. The same RB coach that was in Pittsburgh 2014-18 (AKA when Bell was selected to 3 pro bowls and named to the first team All-Pro twice).

Cardinals with Hopkins, LeVeon, and Kyler Murray would be very fun to watch. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

We taking bets here? If so, give me the Cardinals.

I know the Cardinals gave David Johnson a bad contract then moved away from him... but they have Drake looking like a JAG and averaging 3.7 YPC and playing on a one year transition tag, so there isn't commitment there. 

Maybe more importantly, their runningback coach is James Saxon. The same RB coach that was in Pittsburgh 2014-18 (AKA when Bell was selected to 3 pro bowls and named to the first team All-Pro twice).

Cardinals with Hopkins, LeVeon, and Kyler Murray would be very fun to watch. 

Interesting point about their RB coach.  Good info.

Not that the Cardinals would do this, but: Can you imagine if they traded Drake to the Jets?  He might jump out of the plane on the way to NY.

• Like 2