Savatage79

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

Now if the pendulm swings too far because of all the negativity, Bell actually could become a value pick.

It's when the skies are the grayest and dark is when you can find the best deals in a draft. 

Posted (edited)

My heart says Bell will be more efficient on less touches thanks to the O-line investments

But my brain says Adams Gase is the HC

Edited by sSektor

Bell will have a better year this year. Even with Gore their to help motivate the O

Wasn’t Bell the overall RB17 in half PPR last year? And people are saying they want nothing to do with him this year, even though he’s not being drafted as an RB1 anymore? I get the Gase and Gore thing, but I also get that he’s due for a positive TD regression...Darnold will be improved...the OL will be improved. I wouldn’t mind having him as my RB2 this season. 

• Like 1

I'm also in on Le'Veon Bell, at least in PPR. Kinda have him in the Gurley, Fournette, DJ, Conner, Carson, Gordon tier. There is a premium at RB and I would feel foolish fading them all. Would probably go:

1. Gurley

2. Carson

3. Bell

4. D Johnson

5. Fournette

6. Gordon

7. Conner

I'm kinda scared to death of all of them, but chasing them down with a later upside play like Kareem Hunt or J.K. Dobbins would make me feel much better.

43 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I'm also in on Le'Veon Bell, at least in PPR. Kinda have him in the Gurley, Fournette, DJ, Conner, Carson, Gordon tier. There is a premium at RB and I would feel foolish fading them all. Would probably go:

1. Gurley

2. Carson

3. Bell

4. D Johnson

5. Fournette

6. Gordon

7. Conner

I'm kinda scared to death of all of them, but chasing them down with a later upside play like Kareem Hunt or J.K. Dobbins would make me feel much better.

dont see how you can have carson coming back from major inj and isnt really a ppr play over bell. bell healthy motivated improved team ect.

70 rec seems like a realistic floor for bell in full season. carsons targets didnt increase either 21 targets last 8 games

carson avg just over 1 more point per game vs bell while bell had 4 total tds.

maybe im not giving carson enough credit and putting too much negative value on that hip

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

dont see how you can have carson coming back from major inj and isnt really a ppr play over bell. bell healthy motivated improved team ect.

70 rec seems like a realistic floor for bell in full season. carsons targets didnt increase either 21 targets last 8 games

maybe im not giving carson enough credit and putting too much negative value on that hip

I agree with you. Between the hip and the lack of pass-catching, Carson would be a no go for me in PPR. 

In PPR I would go:

Gurley

Conner

Bell

Johnson

Gordon

Carson

Fournette

And that's only because I really like Conner. He is not nearly as safe as the next 3. Fournette has way too many red flags. No upside, no floor.

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

In PPR, you're probably right. Carson is kept in each of my leagues so it's possible I haven't researched his situation enough.

For about 6 months the Fantasy Pros blurb incorrectly noted that Carson underwent surgery for a fractured hip, and I think that shaped a pretty poor narrative for the guy. One of the Carson Rotoworld blurbs noted that Pete Carroll said Carson "avoided a fracture and surgery". Hip fractures without surgery heal with about 6 weeks of rest.

Seems to me both of those blurbs are fake news. Definitely a situation to follow closely during training camp. For now, Bell appears to be the safer pick.

• Like 1

I'd like Bell alot more if he wasnt on the Jets more so if he wasnt being coached by a guy who publicly stated he didnt want to sign Bell. If i draft him i hope he gets traded.

Ideal RB2 for me and will happily target.   Seems crazy for him not to get a few additional TD's this year, and they still don't have much at receiver so a fair amount of targets is probable.   

12 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

guaranteed workhorse RB.....why not?

GASE

The fact that Gore is even a thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, itslarry said:

GASE

The fact that Gore is even a thing.

Ooffff forgot Gore was there!!!!! im izzzzzout!

On 7/26/2020 at 7:09 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

guaranteed workhorse RB.....why not?

Even if he was a guaranteed workhorse he's not a good one.

Hard to fully trust him with Gase as the coach but you can definitely do worse with your rb 2.

What I like is the lack of pass catchers on the roster at rb. I don’t see anyone that will challenge Bell on 3rd down and the Jets should be losing a lot of games this year especially after trading Adams. 

Gore will be somewhat of a nuisance all year though. 

On 7/25/2020 at 9:12 PM, NInsko said:

I'd like Bell alot more if he wasnt on the Jets more so if he wasnt being coached by a guy who publicly stated he didnt want to sign Bell. If i draft him i hope he gets traded.

Theres a good possibility of that. They might hope Bell starts out strong to up his trade value, then trade him for more picks. If they can get a 2nd round pick for him theres no way they would turn that down. Jets would then have 2 picks in the each of the first 3 rounds.

• Like 1

I still think I'm avoiding Bell. Too many flags. He's really not bad value at where he's at, but I still like the WRs there more.

• Like 1

Jeez- all he needs is to be 20% more efficient this year and he almost weasles his way to RB1- especially if he gets 5-7 rushing TDs. I think I'd be good with him as RB2.

• Like 2

Even with how bad he was last year he was still somehow the RB 16 in PPR and right now he is around the 19-20th RB off the board.  He's slowly trending into value territory based off of volume alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnickSnack said:

Even with how bad he was last year he was still somehow the RB 16 in PPR and right now he is around the 19-20th RB off the board.  He's slowly trending into value territory based off of volume alone.

Yep, he was RB17 in half PPR. Seems like one could do a lot worse for an RB2. I do expect improved efficiency with an improved QB who isn’t physically overcoming mono, with a seemingly improved OL, and the expected positive TD regression. I’m not a huge Bell fan, but I don’t get the consternation when he’s so late coming off the board and the potential to be a high RB2...Gore or no Gore. 

• Like 1

Got Bell as my RB2/3/flex & very happy about it. O-line should be improved & entire offense should be better as they lean on Bell as the 3-down bellcow. Gore is definitely not a threat here either. Defense will be brutal without Adams & Mosley so there should be a lot of receptions for Bell in hurry-up mode. Won’t be surprised with 1300 total yards, 65 receptions, 7 TD’s 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, Flyman75 said:

Yep, he was RB17 in half PPR. Seems like one could do a lot worse for an RB2. I do expect improved efficiency with an improved QB who isn’t physically overcoming mono, with a seemingly improved OL, and the expected positive TD regression. I’m not a huge Bell fan, but I don’t get the consternation when he’s so late coming off the board and the potential to be a high RB2...Gore or no Gore. 

Plus substantial upgrades in their receiving talent with the additions of Perriman and Mims and the return of Herndon. There should be fewer defenders in the box on early downs, far fewer 3-and-outs this season, and more trips to the red zone.

• Like 2