Rotoworld.com Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2020 Outlook

THE. BISON. 

makes the most sense, by far. 

this is a squad with SB aspirations, an MVP candidate (though now firmly behind St.Russell/ARod), weapons on the perimeter ... but lacking in the backfield. 

Singletary would be much better suited to a 30% snap share, Moss is hurt, TJ Yeldon is, well ... TJ Yeldon. 

nuttin' like a thorough azz kicking for all to see for a move like this to be taken. 

"B-B-B-B-BUT PASTOR, CAN BELL PLAY DEFENSE??!1!1!? ZOMG!!1!1111!"

happy? ok?  i acknowledged their sheeeet defense ... though with White & Milano back they will be better. 

anyways ... yeah, i nominate the Buffalo professional tackle foosball franchise as 6/5 favorite. 

Chiefs

hell, they considered AP - but i knew that was never coming off due to his absolute buffoonery in the passing game. 

4Nette woulda made much more sense ... but they whiffed. 

as a CEH owner, yeah, it worries me ... but it ain't gonna kill my season if it does go down - not like Clyde's been dropping 30 (or even 20!) burgers left and right 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone that doesn't have Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills RBs

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... just ran across this nugget

lower rent sauce, and nobody else is reporting this yet ... it be what it be 🤷‍♂️

KC is the same team that gave LeSean McCoy some run last year. Despite the black eye the Jets left on Bell's legacy, 28 year old Bell is still eons better than a 31 year old 3000 career touch McCoy. Neither backup in KC now is worth squat. Bell at the right price would be a great fit in a 1A/1B with CEH.

1 minute ago, Nickmo said:

KC is the same team that gave LeSean McCoy some run last year. Despite the black eye the Jets left on Bell's legacy, 28 year old Bell is still eons better than a 31 year old 3000 career touch McCoy. Neither backup in KC now is worth squat. Bell at the right price would be a great fit in a 1A/1B with CEH.

agreed. 

KoolAid doesn't care about our magick foosball squads rostering CEH ... i think they are gonna do it. 

26 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

agreed. 

KoolAid doesn't care about our magick foosball squads rostering CEH ... i think they are gonna do it. 

Bell and his agent get a say though.  Doesn’t seem like he’s the type of guy that’d willingly take a timeshare situation.  Maybe if its the last option but I’d think he’d state that he wants to be the guy in any negotiation. 

1 minute ago, GurleyMan said:

Bell and his agent get a say though.  Doesn’t seem like he’s the type of guy that’d willingly take a timeshare situation.  Maybe if its the last option but I’d think he’d state that he wants to be the guy in any negotiation. 

That's dumb though and Bell isn't stupid. This is a guy who bucked the system and won. He'll make the best money move here. And the best move is to go the Chiefs, split carries in the most high-octane offense in history, develop a little mixtape, and win a ring. That's to go along with the fact he'll be with the most player-friendly coach in the league. Match made in heaven. By the spring of 2021 there will be no question whether he still has it and/or whether he can be part of a winning culture.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

yeah, it's why i still think the Bison make the most sense ... think he could jump in there and take 65%+ of the snaps when acclimated.

Miami would work, too ... he lives down there in the offseason, and was famously caught being waayy outta shape on the jet-ski during the Stiller holdout debacle of '18.  i mean, good lawd, if they bought in Brittle Breida and JoHo 🤷‍♂️

i wpuldn't totally discount the Chiefs based on your edict, though ... just got a feeling it's going down. 

Already thought about Buffalo. Perhaps because I was watching them as the news broke. Definitely could see that.

KC, Tampa, 'Zona & SF are other teams that make sense IMO. I doubt Miami personally, but I guess that's a possibility.

Don't think we'll have to wait too long to find out. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Already thought about Buffalo. Perhaps because I was watching them as the news broke. Definitely could see that.

KC, Tampa, 'Zona & SF are other teams that make sense IMO. I doubt Miami personally, but I guess that's a possibility.

Don't think we'll have to wait too long to find out. 

the EL Lay Super Chargers have a yuuuge hole, as well - and they're on their bye this week ... perfect time to work a new cat into their offense. 

longshot, but i don't think i've seen them mentioned yet ... though i haven't really gone back over the past 5 pages. 

Oh hell...what about the Pats?! Don't know why I didn't think about them right away! This just screams like a BB move IMO! 

Bell immediately ascends to the top of their depth chart, but there are other guys there to keep him fresh. 

Gets to play with Cam to have arguably one of the best running QB/RB tandems in the league.

Stays in division to run it up Gase's a__ two times this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the EL Lay Super Chargers have a yuuuge hole, as well - and they're on their bye this week ... perfect time to work a new cat into their offense. 

longshot, but i don't think i've seen them mentioned yet ... though i haven't really gone back over the past 5 pages. 

Yup. 

Won't be a shortage of suitors, that's for sure. Seems like he'll get paid, again. But, if he's smart (and learned anything) he and his agent need to factor in a team that's a good fit this time and not just focus on the $$$. 

• Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Yup. 

Won't be a shortage of suitors, that's for sure. Seems like he'll get paid, again. But, if he's smart (and learned anything) he and his agent need to factor in a team that's a good fit this time and not just focus on the $$$. 

yeah ... it's all "whack a mole" conjecture ... until Hoodie swoops in and we're all like "OF COURSE!"

😁

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Oh hell...what about the Pats?! Don't know why I didn't think about them right away! This just screams like a BB move IMO! 

Bell immediately ascends to the top of their depth chart, but there are other guys there to keep him fresh. 

Gets to play with Cam to have arguably one of the best running QB/RB tandems in the league.

Stays in division to run it up Gase's a__ two times this season. 

Exactly. And Sony Michel is on IR. And Harris just got back from IR. Burkhead is oft injured. White has been gone due to family death grieving and issues. It makes sense for them too add another RB just for depth purposes. I think it would be a great addition for the Pats. They are one of few teams that could justify getting him lions share of carries without injury to the current starter. 

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

I can't see buffalo or Miami being interested. Miami prioritizes work ethic and attitude, and have already cut/traded players that don't fit. Buffalo also prioritizes no BS dog mentality.

didja see the game last night?

when you fancy yerself a SB contender ya can't have TJ Yeldon being your most productive rb. 

as far as Miami ... i love ol' GasCan (go check his thread), but Bell makes a ton more sense for them atm. 

i'm not totally handwaving your thoughts about work ethic, chemistry, etc ... but these situations are always a ton more fluid than we have knowledge about. 

i rank the possibilities as follows, not that it matters a chit, but ... why not?

Buffalo, Chiefs, Hoodie, Miami, Chargers, Bears.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

when you fancy yerself a SB contender ya can't have TJ Yeldon being your most productive rb. 

as far as Miami ... i love ol' GasCan (go check his thread), but Bell makes a ton more sense for them atm. 

i'm not totally handwaving your thoughts about work ethic, chemistry, etc ... but these situations are always a ton more fluid than we have knowledge about. 

i rank the possibilities as follows, not that it matters a chit, but ... why not?

after reading your analysis - Bill make the most sense.   No sure fire entrenched starter getting bulk carries.  Singletary is talented but inconsistent and moss is injured already.

Le'Veon with a mobile QB like Josh Allen could be fantasy gold.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Agree with you on the teams:

1.) I think Bell will go to a playoff contender, Dolphins and Chargers are unlikely atm.

2.) Ryan Pace and Nagy would be admitting that DMont is not the workhorse if they get Bell... Same regime that tries to fit a square peg on Trubisky even when Cam is available.

3.) Hoodie has a lot of great things to say about Bell, even in 2019. No doubt the man loves a freebie. The chiefs is in the same area as a well run team...

4.) When i saw singletary last night...ewww...

5.) Dark horse: Cardinals... Ex steelers RB coach is there

Going with Bills, Pats/Chiefs, Cardinals... With the Bears if Pace/Nagy are willing to accept that they are wrong.

• Like 1

Why would the Chief's want him? You can't even use your rookie first round pick RB correctly, so you want to bring in another one? 

If they do, I really hope they get bounced their first playoff game. Defense is the issue - not the running back position. Bell won't help you win games. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

after reading your analysis - Bill make the most sense.   No sure fire entrenched starter getting bulk carries.  Singletary is talented but inconsistent and moss is injured already.

Le'Veon with a mobile QB like Josh Allen could be fantasy gold.

it makes too much sense to not happen, so it prolly won't - Hoodie can't give them that kinda leg up.  

i still think they are favorites. 

4 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Agree with you on the teams:

1.) I think Bell will go to a playoff contender, Dolphins and Chargers are unlikely atm.

2.) Ryan Pace and Nagy would be admitting that DMont is not the workhorse if they get Bell... Same regime that tries to fit a square peg on Trubisky even when Cam is available.

3.) Hoodie has a lot of great things to say about Bell, even in 2019. No doubt the man loves a freebie. The chiefs is in the same area as a well run team...

4.) When i saw singletary last night...ewww...

5.) Dark horse: Cardinals... Ex steelers RB coach is there

Going with Bills, Pats/Chiefs, Cardinals... With the Bears if Pace/Nagy are willing to accept that they are wrong.

excellent post 👍

2 hours ago, MKO3090 said:

That's dumb though and Bell isn't stupid. This is a guy who bucked the system and won. He'll make the best money move here. And the best move is to go the Chiefs, split carries in the most high-octane offense in history, develop a little mixtape, and win a ring. That's to go along with the fact he'll be with the most player-friendly coach in the league. Match made in heaven. By the spring of 2021 there will be no question whether he still has it and/or whether he can be part of a winning culture.

How did he win? He lost a year of pay and didn't sign some insane contract that made it up. Would have been better taking the franchise and then leaving.

Plus wasted time on the jets.

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic